• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Emotional Support Thread

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's too far out for me to really think about as real right now.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Perhaps I should look at my signature:

"Everything ends and it's always sad.  But everything begins again too and that's always happy.  Be happy." ~ The Doctor

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Part of a larger text conversation, someone told me that I've "been on [their] mind a lot today."  That is not a good sign.  They refused to elaborate, which frustrates and scares me.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why is it not good to be thought of?  Surely that means they care about you?

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Inexplicably that statement when made by this person usually comes with some heavy emotional event soon following that leaves us both exhausted.  Like, there's a particular reason I'm on their mind, and they won't tell me until they blow up at me about it.  And it's always a legitimate issue, it just sucks to deal with like that.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My grandmother just went into intensive care. Her airways got closed and her heart stopped. We almost lost her, in fact if she was out of the hospital (in a house) we would have definitely lost her. We were lucky that she was already getting treatment in an elderly home-hospital.

This came as a huge shock to me. I feel lost and confused, and I don’t know what to think. I have mixed thoughts and emotions.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad she's still with us.  It's so hard losing family.  It's okay to have mixed thoughts about it too, especially if they've been suffering.  How is she doing?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
I'm glad she's still with us.  It's so hard losing family.  It's okay to have mixed thoughts about it too, especially if they've been suffering.  How is she doing?

I wasn’t able to see her unfortunately. My mother asked me to stay in the house and I only heard about the details. But she’s better. She’s still tied to a machine, but she’s breathing on her own.

My mother said when my grandmother saw her, she got excited and shed some tears. Her brain is still functioning relatively well, thankfully.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I lost my grandmother almost a year ago, I still think about her a lot and how much it's different not having her around. I'm hoping that your grandmother makes a full recovery and gets better soon. 

As Handy said, its tough losing family especially someone so close.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Don't fret about those two people man.  As I alluded to when you announced it, it is only natural that you now distance yourself from them.  It doesn't make you a jerk and it doesn't mean you hate them,  but you have to do what's best for you and move on.

I'm feeling like this was more and more of a mistake.  I'm so isolated.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It wasn't.  Trust me.  You feel this way now,  but you'll be glad eventually.  Wounds like that take time.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I miss their friendship.  I don't miss the emotional baggage.  I just wish there was someone still in my life who gave a damn about me.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
It wasn't.  Trust me.  You feel this way now,  but you'll be glad eventually.  Wounds like that take time.

You're gonna hate me, but I caved.  I am weak.  I reached out to one of them to continue something we didn't quite finish before I severed ties.  But I don't think I can be involved in their lives the way I was before.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I forgot that coming back home would entail my stepfather being there and forcing his way into conversation with me. He's so annoying, hippocritical, rude at times, and just all around unpleasant, and his presence is so big and intrusive. He tries so hard to force himself in as family, and my mother constantly makes me feel bad about not liking him, and I keep falling for it and giving him a chance, but it never goes well. I can't take it. It's because of him that I'm terrified of knocking on doors, and whatever other mundane things that should be fine but aren't. It doesn't help that he constantly complains to me about my sister, but in a friendly way as if it's expected that I agree. He's also ultra protective of my mother and little sister, so I can't say practically anything about either of them in his presence, and even if they're in the wrong their side is taken. He's also convinced of false facts, and teaches my little sister so much misinformation. I can't look at her or talk to her without thinking of him. I just refer to her as his daughter most of the time rather than my sister. He yells at my mother sometimes and when I talk to her about it, she doesn't care. He also instills his false knowledge and whatnot on her, making it hard for me to look at her without thinking of him either. His presence is toxic. I feel bad complaining about him, because he's not as bad as what other people have, and with that way of thinking, I feel bad about complaining about any of my problems. But I keep it all inside, and then have moments like this where I'm in bed crying and when I'm asked what's wrong my my mother, I have to tell her it's nothing, and nothing gets better.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My dad's a lot like that, but kinder and well-meaning, if definitely misguided.  I'm definitely dreading going home for summer in about a week and a half.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I spoke up about my problems with the school guidance counselor. She was surprised hearing about my situation and understood. She said I was in no condition to go to classes today, but also was reluctant to send me home because my stepfather would be there. So she gave me a room to sit in alone, and gave me permission to spend the day watching movies, and do work if I feel up to it.

Top Bottom