• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2021: and the WINNERS are...! here Congratulations!

The Emotional Support Thread

Collipso

Well-known member
Messages
258
Reaction score
7
Trophy Points
33
i find myself in a shitty "this has to work, because i don't know what i'm going to do if it doesn't" situation and it's really looking like it's not going to work, if i'm being very honest, and i'm probably going to disappoint everyone and waste a ton of money. damn it i suck. :(
 

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
23,634
Reaction score
298
Trophy Points
193
TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
Jesus, how far back did you go?

Please don't do that again.  If you change your mind over a few days or something, fine, but don't go back weeks or months or whatever and delete everything.  Half your posts will be quoted anyway, and deleting the other half screws up the conversation that some people may still be reading.  If you don't think you'll want to leave it up, don't post it.

@"Handman" (and everyone else)

Upon reflection, I've come to the conclusion that I was too harsh here.  This really shouldn't apply in this particular thread, which is meant to be a safe harbor where you can bring your troubles and receive support for them.  As such, there should not be any barriers to doing so, and I've realized this could be a barrier.  You should be free to say what you want, without fear that it will be etched in stone forever.  As such, please accept my apology, and continue to post if you like, and delete if you like.

I will still urge caution from two perspectives.  One, people can and will quote you, so those posts of yours will still be there.  You can PM that person to ask them to remove it, but just be aware it's possible your post will still live on.  And two, this thread is in a public part of the forum (off-topic) where anyone can read it, not just registered members.

So with that said, please continue to make use of this thread as you see fit, and best wishes in all your future endeavors.
 

Possessed

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
207
Trophy Points
83
I've been feeling very lethargic the last couple of weeks.  Nothing has been happening or anything,  and i don't feel sick or anything,  but i just have NO energy.  All I want to do when I'm not at work is sleep or lay on the couch and watch YouTube.  I try to make myself get out and do stuff, and when I can get going I generally am fine and have a good time,  but getting moving is getting hard for like no reason.  I almost wonder if my iron is low or something. I have been eating healthier lately for the most part, maybe it's some sort of carb withdrawal or something.
 

Dr. Chim Richalds

Well-known member
Messages
108
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
23
Collipso said:
i find myself in a shitty "this has to work, because i don't know what i'm going to do if it doesn't" situation and it's really looking like it's not going to work, if i'm being very honest, and i'm probably going to disappoint everyone and waste a ton of money. damn it i suck. :(

I don't know the specifics of the situation obviously, but short of diffusing a bomb, preventing war or a nuclear meltdown, or mob deals gone bad, maybe the consequences of failure won't be as dire as you think.  In situations like that for me (usually involving, "I hope they don't fire me for this."), I sometimes like to play a long game of "What if" with myself... and work my way to the worst case scenario (which barring the situations above and certain medical conditions isn't usually death) and imagine what I'd do if I faced my worst fears (i.e. what if I lost my house and my credit was ruined and my family abandoned me?) and remind myself that I still have ways to carry on even if that extremely unlikely worst case scenario happened.  The situation might be bad, but certainly more bearable when you know no matter what there's a way to land on your feet. 

In all seriousness though, this obviously doesn't help with healthcare concerns.  Otherwise, maybe just try it as a thought experiment.  And in any case, I wish you luck!  Maybe it will all turn out like you'd hoped!
 

Dr. Chim Richalds

Well-known member
Messages
108
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
23
Possessed said:
I've been feeling very lethargic the last couple of weeks.  Nothing has been happening or anything,  and i don't feel sick or anything,  but i just have NO energy.  All I want to do when I'm not at work is sleep or lay on the couch and watch YouTube.  I try to make myself get out and do stuff, and when I can get going I generally am fine and have a good time,  but getting moving is getting hard for like no reason.  I almost wonder if my iron is low or something. I have been eating healthier lately for the most part, maybe it's some sort of carb withdrawal or something.

You should go have bloodwork done if this keeps going on.  I once cut out red meat because my LDL was getting a little high.  Was fatigued for a while and at my next checkup I was borderline anemic!  A little (lean) red meat every week or so keeps that from happening now, so that's good.

Hope you feel better soon!
 

Possessed

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
207
Trophy Points
83
Nah,  I had to get rid of health insurance to make ends meet.  But I don't quality for financial assistance because I make too much.  Go figure. So no professional healthcare for me.  I mean I could probably figure out a way to afford it if I wanted to live off junk food, but i doesn't
 

Dr. Chim Richalds

Well-known member
Messages
108
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
23
Possessed said:
Nah,  I had to get rid of health insurance to make ends meet.  But I don't quality for financial assistance because I make too much.  Go figure. So no professional healthcare for me.  I mean I could probably figure out a way to afford it if I wanted to live off junk food, but i doesn't

County health department?  Just spitballing.  Regardless, I hope you feel better soon!  It sucks to feel wiped out all the time.
 

Jrzag42

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
3,558
Reaction score
755
Trophy Points
138
I'm not happy at all right now. Everything in life is a mess right now...
I have no friends, I have no motivation to do things that I enjoy, my family at home is at war with eachother, I know that if I were to come out to anyone there I wouldn't be safe, all the family I care about is either too far away or busy. I'm not happy, and I know for a fact that I won't be living happily anytime soon. I need to get a job, get a liscense, and get a car, so that I can move in with other family, but that end result surely won't happen anytime this year. I just want to get away.
 

Masirimso17

Well-known member
Faneditor
Cover Artist
Messages
2,050
Reaction score
161
Trophy Points
93
jrWHAG42 said:
I'm not happy at all right now. Everything in life is a mess right now...
I have no friends, I have no motivation to do things that I enjoy, my family at home is at war with eachother, I know that if I were to come out to anyone there I wouldn't be safe, all the family I care about is either too far away or busy. I'm not happy, and I know for a fact that I won't be living happily anytime soon. I need to get a job, get a liscense, and get a car, so that I can move in with other family, but that end result surely won't happen anytime this year. I just want to get away.

I understand how you feel, man. Perhaps you could try doing something creative? It might help you feel better and could be your mental getaway. In any case, consider us here at FE as your friends; we support you. Hope this helps.
 

Jrzag42

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
3,558
Reaction score
755
Trophy Points
138
I have no creativity at the moment. I tried to sit down and write last night, but I couldn't come up with anything. I have no interest in drawing right now either.

Thank you though.
 

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
23,634
Reaction score
298
Trophy Points
193
Make a story about us.  You can have us do all sorts of weird things we'd never actually do.

Now that I think about it, have me finish my edit.
 

Jrzag42

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
3,558
Reaction score
755
Trophy Points
138
That's not a bad idea. I actually want to write something like that now. Thank you.
 

Duragizer

Well-known member
Messages
2,352
Reaction score
45
Trophy Points
63
Worry and loneliness are all I've felt since last July. I'm so tired of feeling this way.
 

suspiciouscoffee

Well-known member
Messages
631
Reaction score
14
Trophy Points
33
My mom made a very specific request of me today; to never write (or at least not to release) any stories in which she is portrayed. She backpedaled slightly to at least not do so until 50 years after her death. I don’t know if I should be worried that she possibly somehow knows about my semi-autobiographical screenplay, but I guess I should give up on it anyway. Not like I was making any progress anyway.

I hate that I just can’t pursue any creative endeavors. I either have to create safe, tame work, or hide it, and stay up into the ass of night working on shit lest I be asked about it.

I feel like I have to walk on eggshells at all times, lest I make someone make a scene. And I’m always so tired these days.
 

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
23,634
Reaction score
298
Trophy Points
193
50 years???

How long does she think humans live?
 

Possessed

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
207
Trophy Points
83
Or when you're done with college you could get a job and emancipate and do what you want like an adult. It's not like you have to use her name.
 

Duragizer

Well-known member
Messages
2,352
Reaction score
45
Trophy Points
63
TVs Frink said:
50 years???

How long does she think humans live?

Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep would like a word with you.
 

Dr. Chim Richalds

Well-known member
Messages
108
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
23
suspiciouscoffee said:
My mom made a very specific request of me today; to never write (or at least not to release) any stories in which she is portrayed. She backpedaled slightly to at least not do so until 50 years after her death. I don’t know if I should be worried that she possibly somehow knows about my semi-autobiographical screenplay, but I guess I should give up on it anyway. Not like I was making any progress anyway.
David Sedaris can't live forever. Someone has to take over the mocking of family for profit gig! :)
 

Jrzag42

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
3,558
Reaction score
755
Trophy Points
138
Well, I'm not going home anytime soon. My mother's boyfriend/my stepfather, whom I've complained about before, is a huge biggot and threatened to call the cops on me and my older sibling. So I texted my stepmother, and we packed our bags. We're being picked up now. There's a whole lot more to it.
 
Top Bottom