• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

picked up the PS3 legendary edition for just under $30 with hopefully all sorts of bugs hammered out. been playing for more than 110 hours and it's only crashed a handful of times.

best RPG i've played since baldur's gate. i love sneaking around and shooting arrows from afar. in-world, the interface is beautiful and minimalist.

if you took this back to the '70s and '80s (along with a modern flat screen TV), you would've been able to start your own religion. or at least charge by the hour and be hunted by the IRS. or surrender your gear to the government because it's fucking advanced alien technology. or single-handedly destroy disco.

ssj said:
picked up the PS3 legendary edition for just under $30 with hopefully all sorts of bugs hammered out. been playing for more than 110 hours and it's only crashed a handful of times.

best RPG i've played since baldur's gate. i love sneaking around and shooting arrows from afar. in-world, the interface is beautiful and minimalist.

if you took this back to the '70s and '80s (along with a modern flat screen TV), you would've been able to start your own religion. or at least charge by the hour and be hunted by the IRS. or surrender your gear to the government because it's fucking advanced alien technology. or single-handedly destroy disco.
So glad you found this [MENTION=10624]ssj[/MENTION]. It's insane how they created this world. You could literally start at one end and keep running, through plains to the snow, through day and night, swim, sleep, fly. There's nothing else like it imo. I think the legendary edition comes with expansions? I have the original, played on and off, took about a year to finish the campaign ! as I spent most of my time exploring and doing side quests.. And I still haven't finished exploring lol.

After this one, I also recommend elder scrolls 4: oblivion game of the year edition, and diablo 3 Ultimate evil edition.. both massively fun rpgs. I've played many others but honestly they're not as good.

Oh yea and for kicks I loved lego Lotr with my brother on co-op, it's actually (maybe sadly?) The best lotr game ever made, with Howard shores music to boot

it's phucking nuts how big the world is. and the environments don't repeat -- each dungeon is different, each mountain is different.

can't play more than one of these games at a time. got kids to raise! but thanks for the recs, ranger crysknife.

thought diablo 1 was very decent for the '90s, but i found diablo 2 to be dull and lost interest in the diablo 3 demo after a couple hours. while i don't mind a decent hack 'n' slash every so often, RPGs remain my poison of choice, probably because i had a boner for tolkien's books when i was a teenager.

in their infinite wizdum, bethesda dungeon masters have allowed us to name magically crafted items.
some of mine:
~glass bow of soul suckage
~necklace of bow twanging

anybody else got not-so-standard names for their schtuff?

ssj said:
in their infinite wizdum, bethesda dungeon masters have allowed us to name magically crafted items.
some of mine:
~glass bow of soul suckage
~necklace of bow twanging

anybody else got not-so-standard names for their schtuff?

All standard for me sadly--"Fire sword", "Soul Bow" etc.
Oh and for your travelling pleasure---
http://gamingbolt.com/ten-places-in-skyrim-that-you-should-not-miss-visiting-pics

moss-mother-cavern.jpg

throat-of-the-world.jpg

more personal gear forged in skyrim:
~Ebony Bow of Ass Chill
~Ring of Lockpicking Delight
~Helm of Holy Shit Destruction

Started looking into different Mods. Found the Live Another Life mod, which allows you to customize and allow greater variety in character generation. So, if you wish to not be the dragon born, you can hit a switch and it'll turn off that. Allows wide variety of roleplaying options available. Definitely one of my favorite mods out there.

Back
Top Bottom