• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Downloading, Unpacking, and Watching Fanedits Assistance Thread

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
they've become megaupload. they've become jabba the hut.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Public traffic is still listed as 1 GB daily for free uploaders. You probably were downloading from someone who is a paid user.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, he most likely was, as I'm a paid user. That's still pretty good if free users can download from paid users without a cap. It means my uploads to RS aren't worthless.

pillbot

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello there.
I hope I am even remotely in the correct place for some help.
Excuse me for this, but I downloaded a rar for ROTJ The Spence Final Cut through fanedit.info. It downloaded fine but when I go to extract it I am being asked for a password. I cannot really get an answer from anyone or anywhere else (so far). Can anyone help here? Kinda keen to be watching it asap!
I've never had this issue with anything before or since. Using JDownloader and standard freebie WiRAR.
Cheers!

pillbot

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, first of all, thanks for pointing me towards the help with downloads page.
Annoyingly, the thing won't extract properly. It flies along at first but when it gets to part 4 it stalls and gives the message that there is a problem with the password. It cannot get past part 4. I did all the things on the download information page......restart computer, move the files, re-download, etc.....nada.
Ah well. If anyone has any tips it'd be really appreciated. If not, guess I'm not watching this film....and that would be a right shame.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think password #2 is fanedited.com. The guy who uploaded it sucks balls, it should be reuploaded.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But didn't...

Oh, I see what you did there.

pillbot

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, it's all good now. I'm not too big to admit that I might have been trying the incorrect 2nd password (sorry....day off work, a few glasses of red.....you know how it goes....). But taking all that into account, it was STILL a bit of a struggle.
For anyone else reading this having the same issue, here is a quick guide:
For the intial RAR, the newer password "fanedit.org" does NOT work at all. Go for "fanedited.com". I did this and it seems to have worked.....which then produced ANOTHER zipped RAR.......so I extracted this one with the newer password "fanedit.org". The other password did not work at all.
So, basically, you extract a RAR from a RAR with 2 different passwords.
This then, finally, gave me an ISO which works great.

Neglify: thanks for your help. I'd love to talk more about how the uploader "sucks balls", but it might violate some of the forums etiquette rules.

Cheers mate.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone know if there is a batch method to download from Mega other than their piece-of-cr@p Firefox extension? The damned thing just freezes on me in the middle of a file when unattended and I have had to download file by file to make any kind of progress...

JDownloader doesnt seem to be able to catch links from Mega :(

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mega works best on Chrome. I don't have problems with JDownloader and Mega.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Mega works best on Chrome. I don't have problems with JDownloader and Mega.

JDownloader complains about 'Deep Encryption' and says "I found nothing" when parsing the URL...

Chrome seems to be working tho, thanks Neg

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you updated jdownloader? I haven't had problems either.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Have you updated jdownloader? I haven't had problems either.

Got version 0.9.581 installed, and JD's web updater reports nothing new...

wootage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all. Caught a 5$ sale at Walmart and now I have new movies! So of course I have to come get the fanfixed ones so I can have the best versions.

However, I'm repeatedly running into a JDownloader error message when the links use a certain veryfastnotkeepingthingstoyourself site which will remain nameless. The link status error message is:

"unexpected rangeheader format:null" and it gives a "failed download" message on mouseover.

I've gotten this problem on three of the five fanfixes I tried to download. Does anyone know a solution? Might I need to have an account and be logged into that site before Jdownloader can work?

Also, please let me know if this is more of a "PM the faneditor to fix the links" thing.

Thanks for any help!

PS. Forgot to mention, the first thing I did was fully update Jdownloader to v0.9.581, and it does seem to work with other sites, just not that one.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a suggestion. Use http://dcrypt.it/ to extract the links from the DLC. Forget JDownloader. Use Google Chrome to download the files manually. If you're talking about Mega, definitely use Chrome, works well.

wootage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Here's a suggestion. Use http://dcrypt.it/ to extract the links from the DLC. Forget JDownloader. Use Google Chrome to download the files manually. If you're talking about Mega, definitely use Chrome, works well.

Thanks Neg. The downloads are working, but I'm getting the blocks for not having memberships with the services now :\ I'm definitely going to de-recommend the veryfastsharing site, because it's totally slow, one download at a time, and big dollars to sub up. the verybigsharing site is fast but has a low download cap on it with around a two-hour block after.

I don't mind taking a day (or two even) to get something, but it needs to be automatic so I can leave it on overnight n'stuff. Any suggestions?

One note, one fanfix actually had a torrent file in with the dlc files. After failing with a couple of dlc's I tried the torrent file and it was done in a few hours. I could wish they all were distributed that way, just because it worked in the background and it worked.

Thanks for any help!

Top Bottom