• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Downloading, Unpacking, and Watching Fanedits Assistance Thread

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you have another player you can test it on? Will it play on your computer?

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So you burned it 3 times with those 3 programs and now you have 3 dvd coasters? That is strange. Did the movie extract as an iso or did you create the iso? Which version did you download, the DVD or the MP4? If it is the latter then have you considered downloading the DVD version, maybe you'll have better luck with burning the Video_Ts folder onto disc! ;-)

dademan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Do you have another player you can test it on? Will it play on your computer?

I tried it on my little no-name portable DVD player, and it worked fine. I was getting so irritated with it last night, I didn't even think about it. Thanks!

STANKPAC said:
So you burned it 3 times with those 3 programs and now you have 3 dvd coasters? That is strange. Did the movie extract as an iso or did you create the iso? Which version did you download, the DVD or the MP4? If it is the latter then have you considered downloading the DVD version, maybe you'll have better luck with burning the Video_Ts folder onto disc! ;-)

Actually, I apparently burned it ~5 times. Lost track of some of them I guess. It was the ISO from the .info page (which would be the dvd version, not MP4).

I'll try the MP4 version later, see if I can't use it on my player, instead of just my PC or my other dvd player.

Thanks for the help!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure if this is against the rules technically, but I found a way around rapidshare's slow download times. It involves going to http://en.savefrom.net/ and pasting your rapidshare links there, and it works with other download sites but I haven't tested those. Instead of taking several hours and not being able to resume downloads, it takes about 20 minutes per 150MB chunk of .RAR file and downloads can be paused and resumed. I have no idea if or how it would work with JCreator so I've been using http://dcrypt.it/ to open up .DLC files and get the links.

If this is against the rules, I apologize in advance, but I did read the new ones and I think it should be ok. Just trying to help out some of those who complain about RS so much with an alternate download method. Enjoy. ;-)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's pretty goddamn dope addi. Thanks.

And yeah, that site is fine. Looks legal, and you're not linking directly to a download.

But seriously, nobody should ever bitch about Rapidshare downloads now. Use this!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Glad it's ok and glad to be of help for once! :)

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this thread is kinda old, but it seemed like the right place to ask. I am having problems with jdownloader and it was previously discussed in this thread. I have also had some PM converstions with the very patient BionicBob, who did his very best to help me out. My problem with jdownloader is that after links go from the linkgrabber over to the download section they all show as "fatal error" I have tried the suggestions in this section along with suggestions from BionicBob. (He even provided the direct links) However, no joy in getting things going. BionicBod recommended I seek help in the Technical section, so here I am.

In the past, it was easy to download torrents and I previously had limited success with jdownloader. I had a computer crash and have since reinstalled JD. I have also tried reinstalling JD after it wouldn't work. I have also tried JD restore and restart.

So my questions are:

1. Is there a substitute program for JD that does a better job?
2. Is there an easier free way to download fanedits?
3. Is there a tutorial for JD anywhere?
4. Am I ever gonna be able to see BionicBob's much praised SOTA?

Thanks - Bill

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Need more info.

What are you trying to download?
Where are you trying to download from?

If it's a torrent someone else will have to help.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Its clear to me he's trying to download bobs Saga of The Apes DLC (Mediafire).

Use http://dcrypt.it to break up the links and download directly in your browser.

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I have been trying to download saga of the apes and some others from fanedit.info.

I will see what I can do with dcrypt.it - Thanks

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can you give me a little more info on how to use dcrypt.it?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1) Go to website.
2) Click "Upload Container".
3) Click the empty field.
4) Browse to where the DLC is on your computer.
5) Click "Open".
6) Click "Submit".
7) Copy link.
8) Open new tab.
9) Paste.
10) Press Enter.
11) Click "Download".
12) Choose "Save as..."
13) Download said file.
13A) OPTIONAL: If it asks for a captcha, fill in captcha.
13B) OPTIONAL: And then press Enter.
13C) OPTIONAL: And then click Download.
14) Repeat steps 7-13C for all links.

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

Trust me, I'm so damn technologically illiterate that this instruction was probably necessary! But the good news is that I did it. SOTA is already downloaded and it works. Thank you Neglify. I am back in the fanedit viewing game thanks to you.

Now I gotta find some time to watch some edits and leave my reviews.

Thanks again - Bill :)

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit said:
Trust me, I'm so damn technologically illiterate that this instruction was probably necessary! But the good news is that I did it. SOTA is already downloaded and it works. Thank you Neglify. I am back in the fanedit viewing game thanks to you.

Now I gotta find some time to watch some edits and leave my reviews.

Thanks again - Bill :)
Oh gawd, so am I... I was having the exact same problem as you. Thanks, you lot!

Stars1100

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The simplest way would be for Info to allow the files to be AVI and rared Winrar, easy download and easy inpack without the dlc hassles that way you can use Internet Download Manager.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How info handles their files is not our concern.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

^ This. Plus, I highly doubt they will ever host the actual files on their servers. Seems like that's treading into dangerous water. Anyway, the point is:

TV's Frink said:

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Again many Thanks to BionicBob and especially Neglify for getting me back in the game on downloading.

I have another question. This one regarding viewing. I have my downloaded edits on an external harddrive which i can plug into my DVD player. This allows me to watch edits in AVI format directly from the hard drive on my big screen w/surround sound system. However I cannot play regular VOB files this way. The player doesn't recognize these files so I usually just watch these on my laptop. I know they are intended to burn onto DVDs but wanted to see if there is a workaround, so that i could feed them direct from the hard drive.

Anybody have any experience with this or any suggestions? Thanks.

Top Bottom