• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Downloading, Unpacking, and Watching Fanedits Assistance Thread

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
18 hours = less than a day = pretty fast IMO.

Well, L8's Ep. III took me 20 minutes. He's spoiled me rotten now. :D

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
20 minutes? I call shenanigans.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, I was only familiar with the TINSTAAFL version. tomato, tomato...

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh wait...I keep forgetting about premium accounts.

darth_xenu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,

I am a relative noob to both fanedits and Jdownloader, and I've run into a problem I coul use some help with.

Got the most recent Jdownloader, got a Mediafire premium account, loaded the container which was all online, filesizes identified and the lot. Everything appears to be perfectly fine. When I chose to "Continue with all", it goes to the download screen, but no download begins. Instead, I get this screen:

What does this mean? What I am doing wrong? What must I do to get it right?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
darth_xenu said:
Hi,

I am a relative noob to both fanedits and Jdownloader, and I've run into a problem I coul use some help with.

Got the most recent Jdownloader, got a Mediafire premium account, loaded the container which was all online, filesizes identified and the lot. Everything appears to be perfectly fine. When I chose to "Continue with all", it goes to the download screen, but no download begins. Instead, I get this screen:

What does this mean? What I am doing wrong? What must I do to get it right?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

You need to click on the blue triangle just below the "File" tab to get it started.

darth_xenu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, tried clicking the blue triangle, and NOTHING HAPPENED.

Well, that is, the blue triangle yurned gray for a whopping three seconds, during which a the sentence "3,32 MB/s (in red) 0 B/s" appeared in the upper left corner of the Jdownloader window, before it disappered and the triangle turned back to blue.

Same response wether I marked nothing, the whole folder, or an individual file.
Nothing was downloaded.
Any more advice?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do the files show up as online when you check them? Because in the screenshot you provided they appear to be offline.

darth_xenu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, all the links check out fine when in the linkgrabber sheet.
It's only when I go to download that all they fail one by one, and Jdownloader no longer recognizes their file size, which it did in said linkgrabber sheet.

Doubt there is anything wrong with the links, it's the newly posted Extended Incredible Hulk avi, so I'm inclined to believe the problem is somehow in my end. Being reading a bit, and it seems others are having plugin issues with Mediafire?

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
darth_xenu said:
it's the newly posted Extended Incredible Hulk avi?

Just checked it out yesterday and it DL'd fine for me. Would you like me to PM you the links directly?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry I couldn't help more. I never use jDownloader to download from Mediafire because I actually get better speeds when I download from Mediafire directly for some strange reason.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like captcha recognition has been temporarily solved by Jdownloader, at least for me.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
Looks like captcha recognition has been temporarily solved by Jdownloader, at least for me.

Strange. I still haven't gotten a single captcha request while downloading from Mediafire.

darth_xenu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uninstalled and re-installed Jdownloader, works for other filehosters, just not Mediafire, so I believe there is either plugin issues or some settings in my end which I can't wrap my head around. In any event, doesn't really matter, I got the direct links for the movie I really wanted, and they worked like a charm! Cheers for the help everyone:)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
20 minutes? I call shenanigans.

Oh wait...I keep forgetting about premium accounts.

Well, I don't have a premium account.

L8's Ep. III is the only one that worked that fast for me. I thought for sure that meant I was getting better at knowing how to download. Then all this other nonsense happened.

But I guess the longer times are typical, and not a result of my doing something wrong.

dademan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm at the end of my rope here.

I've downloaded and extracted the Scott Pilgrim - Eleven Evil Exes Edition. I've tried burning the ISO in Nero, DVD Shrink & IMG Burn (Using the tutorial), but my BR/DVD player says it cannot read the disk.

I've burned .avi files to disks, and it works fine.

The player in question is a Sony BDP-S390.

It could be something simple I'm doing wrong, it maybe it has to deal with my player, but in either case, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Top Bottom