• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Downloading, Unpacking, and Watching Fanedits Assistance Thread

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well i can never get jdownloader to work properly.
it says whatever files are online.
i select continue with all..
after few minutes i get connection lost.
which is odd cause im online and able to do other things.
i even started my PC in safe mode and only ran Jdownloader, still nothing.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess you tried to update your Jdownloader?
A lot of times it can be the solution.

(and completely removing files and re import them after the update)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Threads merged.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jswert, did you do what I recommended to you when you PM'd me?

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JDownloader won't load the DLC for Shadow of the Sith. I'm starting to think there's something wrong with the DLC, because JD seems to be working just fine.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes still looses connection after a few minutes even though it says
the files are online.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Your comment wasn't clear. Did you

1) Click "File --> Restore JD"... or
2) Click "File --> Restart"... or
3) Right hand click on the files you're having trouble with and click "Reset".

Did you do those steps?

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ Try those steps that Neg suggests and see what happens. ;-)

jdownloadercaveman.png

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
im at 3gb of steve rogers cut and im getting plugin error (out of date).
ok someone explain to me now why a "captcha" screen is popping up
while trying to download steve rogers cut.
i enter and then another and so on keep popping up

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
im at 3gb of steve rogers cut and im getting plugin error (out of date).
ok someone explain to me now why a "captcha" screen is popping up
while trying to download steve rogers cut.
i enter and then another and so on keep popping up

I had the same problem, the "plugin error (out of date)", with another file host. I updated jDownloader and now it works fine. As for the captcha thing, the only file host I've used that bypassed it was Megaupload. All other file hosts that I've downloaded from, that require you to enter the captcha when downloading manually, will still ask you to enter the captcha when downloading from jDownloader.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got this message on JDownloader when I tried to download Fifth Element: Prime Evil Edition.

I would think it has something to do with previous things I've downloaded. But that doesn't make sense because I already cleared out all the previous .rar files from JD before attempting this.

I did a search to see if anybody had asked about this before, but I came up with nothing.

Anyone know what's going on and what can be done about it?

Thanks in advance!

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been getting the same thing :-(

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
moved to appropriate forum (file conversion, really??)

This happens periodically with megashares and some other hosts. There is nothing wrong with the link. Proceed with the download, it will start when there is a slot open.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This problem only started happening once Megaupload was shut down. More people started using Megashares and it became bombarded with people downloading from it so that's why you're getting that message. It sucks, but at least you know the file is online. If it was dead you'd it would say that the file was offline. The "temp.uncheckable" message only applies to non-premium members though.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
This problem only started happening once Megaupload was shut down. More people started using Megashares and it became bombarded with people downloading from it so that's why you're getting that message. It sucks, but at least you know the file is online. If it was dead you'd it would say that the file was offline. The "temp.uncheckable" message only applies to non-premium members though.

not true on 2 accounts. Though it is more common now, it happened before MU was shutdown. Also, I have a premium account at MS, and I still get that message when adding links to jdownloader. As soon as I start them though, they work.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
not true on 2 accounts. Though it is more common now, it happened before MU was shutdown. Also, I have a premium account at MS, and I still get that message when adding links to jdownloader. As soon as I start them though, they work.

I only started getting that message once Megaupload was shut down. If you try the link manually you get an "no free slots" message. As for still getting the message as a premium user I can't comment on that since I only have a free account, but at least the file will download right away. As a free user if you get the "temp.uncheckable" message you have to wait 10 minutes before it can check again. That is unless you stop jDownloader and hit the start button. I found that works sometimes.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see. Thanks for all the explanations, folks.

And I was thinking of converting the .rar files into the VTS files via JDownloader, which is how I picked the "Converting" forum. But now I see what you all meant by converting. Man, I didn't get enough sleep last night. :eek:

Top Bottom