• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Doors Extended Edition

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey all, those of you following the "Bitch Now!" thread = viewtopic.php?t=3710 realise that I've had a difficult time lately and that I intend not to have in MA again since this one crashed my brain but before I go I have loose ends to tie up (selling off my stuff, figuring out where I'm going, what the f*ck my life really means, etc). One of these loose ends is this edit. I've been working on this for a while now. I wish that I had more time and technical know how about mixing audio but I don't. Wherever I end up I am going to take both Avid & Final Cut classes. It's time (& beyond). I encourage all of you to do the same whether for the hobby or the profession. Cuz I myself find it oddly peaceful & relaxing.
I welcome anyone to retool this with better audio etc. if they wish. It's reendering now and should go up this weekend. The quality of the deleted scenes isn't that good but what can you do? Most of the edits that occur during songs sound pretty good for a quick run through. I'm not really polishing it too much. The colors of the scene outside the courthouse was so awful I changed it to b/w cuz I figured it gave more of a '69/'70 t.v. news look. I just wanted to leave you guys one last edit before I vanish for a while. I will still check in during lunches & such but all of my other projects are still cancelled.
There is a link to the teaser... http://rapidshare.com/files/97129801/Th ... r.rar.html with an opening word from Oliver Stone for the encouragement of y'all. Listen to what Jim says and that's pretty close to how I feel currently :-( :-? :-( :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-? :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-? :mrgreen: I felt inspired and cut a more proper trailer also. [poker face] :smile: I am a fan of The Doors musically and in a small way this is my gift to that community as well as this one. If you are part of a The Doors community please seed this there also. :) But I digress.... Here it is, warts and all! I hope y'all dig my edit of The Doors. Peace.

what kind of fanedit: Extended Edition
original film name: The Doors
new film name : The Doors Extended Edition
film studio name: Artisan
editor name : stomachworm
Date Original Film Was Released: 1991
Date Edit Was Released: 2008
Original Runtime: 138 minutes
New Runtime: 168 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: Roughly, 30 minutes added
Cuts removed/added/extended: about 10 seconds cut
Fanedit details: Added all deleted scenes edited back into the feature (when in doubt I referred to the script, they are all where they belong)
Your intention for this fanedit: More Doors!
Additional Comment: The 10 seconds I cut was necessary for the "Touch Me" edit.
Time needed for the edition: a bunch (could use a bunch more)
persons involved: stomachworm
Additional information links: (Teaser) http://rapidshare.com/files/97129801/Th ... r.rar.html

The trailer ...

http://rapidshare.com/files/97163299/Th ... 1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/97162216/Th ... 2.rar.html

The Movie...

RS on linktalk

Oh. And to all the haters out there... :p

Back
Top Bottom