• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Disney+ Marvel Studios Series Thread

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Daaamn, that's a mightly low score from our normally enthusiastic Bob, especially for a show I thought was easily the best of the live-action ones so far! (Though I still haven't returned to Hawkeye.) What am I missing? That it's all plagiarized from Dr. Who and/or Rick and Morty?! :)

Different strokes for different folks lol.

While I enjoyed the banter between Wilson and Hiddleston, everything else I found boring.
Especially, Hiddleston and Martino together. For me, they had zero chemistry.
And the final big Kang reveal....? meh.

🤷‍♂️😴😋

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does this thread need a spoiler warning or should I spoiler tag? I’ll tag JIC.

My kids watched Loki. I admit I was only half paying attention, but….it felt like a lot (five episodes) of set up and then a guy we’ve never met before just sits there and tells what’s going on for an entire episode.

Is that basically what happened or should I have paid more attention? 🤣

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Moe_Syzlak that's a fair assessment. I like it because of the chemistry that I thought was very present between the two leads and Wilson's character was great too. The aesthetic was also a relief when compared to other MCU outings. Loki's character development is a highlight.

For me, I don't really care about the MCU branching/building side of these movies. That's the cash cow side. I care about character development and good story telling. Loki had that in the sea of mediocre MCU outings.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My kids are slowly getting into the MCU. They liked Hawkeye and have now watched Loki and the first two of the most recent Spider-Man movies. I find the whole thing forgettable and think it all hinges on good lead casting. But I digress. The kids are frustrated because there’s all sorts of things referenced that they don’t get not having seen prior entries. For example, I had to explain, as best I could, what the “blip” was while watching Far From Home. Anyway, Disney is obviously making money hand over fist, but I feel the whole interconnected storyline thing is being crushed under its own weight, where a story like Loki has to depend on someone basically sitting there and giving our leads (and the audience) a TED talk on what’s happening.

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's more what is going to happen. Just like any other MCU ending.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And the final big Kang reveal....? meh.

a story like Loki has to depend on someone basically sitting there and giving our leads (and the audience) a TED talk on what’s happening.

As a non-comics reader, I didn't have any preconceptions or expectations about Kang, but it struck me as only fitting that a show about mysteries of the universe and Loki's perpetual disorientation would culminate in an out-of-nowhere, plot swerve of a finale, and I found Majors' performance legitimately compelling. Compare that to the expected and narratively sensible but also dull and uninvolving confrontation between Team Sam and the Flag Smashers...

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched episode 2 of Hawkeye last night. My wife and I enjoyed it far more than 1. Yes there were some cringey bits but overall we were chuckling at most all of the gags. Clint's exasperation at the situation is what did it for me. He's so frustrated at the mess and just wants to go home and be a dad. But no, the superhero thing keeps pulling him in. We especially laughed with the LARPer stuff; we used to do that long ago so get the stereotypes and had to deal with some of those kinds of people.

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished watching Hawkeye and in the end we enjoyed it. It's not super deep nor the best Marvel out there, but it is a fun watch once you get past the first 1.5 episodes. My wife was giggling over the LARPers recurring appearances in the last couple of episodes.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MOON KNIGHT trailer.... not at all what I expected....

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My prediction for Moon Knight, Oscar Isaac is too much good actor for the MCU to know what to do with and in the end we get something that could have been boundary expanding, in terms of the MCU ala Killmonger, but ultimately ends up flat. That trailer though. Strong creeper/horror/psychological thriller vibes. Here's hoping my prediction is wrong and we get a mind shattering gem.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I knew nothing about the character before watching that trailer and I still don't.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I knew nothing about the character before watching that trailer and I still don't.
YBRE8E6l.jpg

MOON KNIGHT often described as Marvel's Batman. Though to me, he is much closer to The Shadow in terms of origins.
Mercenary Marc Spector is mortally wounded while on a mission in the Sudan and is resurrected by the Egyptian moon god Khonshu.
He returns to New York City as millionaire Steve Grant, aided by his lover Marlene and fellow brother-in-arms, Frenchie, he prowls the streets as Moon Knight (wearing Khonshu's cloak) fighting evil both man made and supernatural.
He also has a third identity of Jake, a New York cabbie, which he uses to gather information from informants.

The twist to series was Spector's additional identities were result of him suffering Dissociative Identity Disorder.

It will be interesting to see what Marvel does with the source material....

Top Bottom