• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Dead Walk - A Dawn and Day of the Dead fanedit

The re-cut of The Dead Walk is ready and released.

Where can I find the link for this? been on the fanedits list and can't seem to find it.. cheers

beemerduck said:
Where can I find the link for this? been on the fanedits list and can't seem to find it.. cheers
Beemerduck,
It is against the rules to ask for download links here.
Please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

apologies... I was really looking for guidence on where I might go, rather than asking for links here.. I now know, thanks..

I have PM'd you

steve

beemerduck said:
apologies... I was really looking for guidence on where I might go, rather than asking for links here.. I now know, thanks..

I have PM'd you

steve

I have replied.

On a note related to the edit, I was wondering something. Maniac, how do you handle the narrative change over from Dawn to Day? Are the two stories interwoven, cut back and forth, or does the Dawn segment play out and then switch to the Day segment? I'm very curious about how this is handled and haven't been able to visualize it based on what I've read in your description.

Also, do you have any plans for (or strong opinions of) Romero's more recent zombie films, Land, Diary, or Survival (of the Dead)? Personally, I think he lost his touch just like the other famous movie director named George. But heavily cut down and stuck together, the new films could be put together for a neat sequel of this edit (Maybe, I'm not sure because I haven't seen this edit yet). Or a really weird idea that just came to me, you could "remake" this edit with the remakes of Dawn and Day (not the ones directed by Romero). I'm not asking you to do a ton more work, just speculating about what could be.

Like i said earlier in the thread:

I create my own story with this.
It's not two movies back to back, i use the opening segment from Diary of the Dead where the Zombie virus begins in New-York.
(I think it's New-York and so don't well, i make it New-York)
I did that with the idea of Lucio Fulci's Zombie 2 who also begins in New-York.
(So, actually three movies in one, but this opening is very short)
6 months later you see the happening of Dawn in Pittsburgh and 5 years later the end result in Day in Florida ( the whole world infected)
Editing back and forth doesn't work at all in this cut because the virus is "growing" to what you see in Day.

The intention was to make one story of it nothing more.

Plans to do a sequel?

The Dawn of the dead remake was fantastic but the Day remake of 2008 was for me a waste of time
If you put these two in one cut then you fuck up the whole Dawn remake i think.
The Dawn remake is very serious, but the Day remake was for me a laugh, i didn't like it at all.

The Dawn remake cut like a rollercoaster is a better idea i think.

Diary and Land of the Dead where good movies and maybe there is a possibility to make something of that.
In Diary it starts all over again and in Land just like in Day, the whole world is infected, so the "follow up" is right in these story's
Survival of the Dead was also for me a complete waste of time. (Sorry George)

Well, its a idea man, but for now i work on my future list and the next one is my Robocop cut i work on next week.
But, see The Dead Walk and i hope you like it as all the zombie lovers here and so don't, too bad,:sad: but you can hold on to the originals.;-)

Back
Top Bottom