• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Dark Knight Rises + Full 1.43:1 Frame

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
From the maker of The Almost Complete Dark Knight comes the same kind of three-variable-aspect-ratio project for The Dark Knight Rises. Most of the major IMAX sequences are reinserted into the movie, but as with TDK not every IMAX shot was included on the exclusive bonus disc, so I left the remaining shots as they were at 1.78:1.

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-IMAX-Sequences-Included-mp4.jpg

Sources:
The Dark Knight Rises Blu-Ray
The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collectors Edition Bonus disc Blu-Ray

danevito

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you truly want to make an IMAX version you should keep the frame at 1.43 for the IMAX image and crop the other framerates with sidebars and letterbox. The reason would be if you ever would want to project the image on a large screen you would do best doing that on a 4:3 or a custom IMAX 1.43 screen and then it would make no sense having a 16:9 frame with sidebars.

I am personally in the beginning phase of creating my own home IMAX cinema with 2x 1080p laser projectors to fill a 1.43 screen (2.35:1 x2) on top of each other. My plan was to do exactly as you did here so you really saved me many hours in the editing, but like I wrote, I would keep the 1.43 frame and encode the whole movie in that aspect ratio.

Last edited:
Top Bottom