• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

THE DARK KNIGHT: Remixed by Jorge

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 6 stars (average)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE DARK KNIGHT: Remixed by Jorge
3whit6.png

What is it about? A chronological re-order of the entire film for a fresh new ride.
Original film name: THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)
Film studio name: Warner Studios
Fan Edit Released: April 2009
Original Runtime: 152 mins.
New Runtime: 120 min
Amount of time Cut/Added:
trimmed restaurant scene
deleted kidnapping moscow ballet
deleted ferries and the prisoner's dilemma
deleted most sonarvision
deleted the Mayor as next victim
deleted Parade and Gordon's death
deleted Harvey's russian roulette
deleted bullet on wall
deleted tumbler female voice
added 3 scenes from BATMAN BEGINS
added 3 Gotham City shots from BATMAN BEGINS
trimmed armored truck sequence
many more trims to mention

batcsurface4.png

DVD - Features:
Motion Menus 16.9
Scene Selection Menus
presented in 2:40:1
Bonus Motion Comic "Shadow of the Demon" and trailers
Audio Commentary: Screenwriter Jonathan Nolan in a Q&A about the film and also Matty and Adam talking about the film.

poster-3b.jpg

Concept: With a Rotten Tomatoes meter of 95% freshness no question THE DARK KNIGHT is the best Batman movie ever, the best superhero movie ever and the best movie of 2008.
But there are some opportunities for a fanedit.
Initially, the story unwinds with poise keeping up with the "A" elements, however, at about midway, new plots are introduced diluting some otherwise well-earned momentum. It's a long movie anyway, but after that midpoint, it just begins to feel relentless and a little tedious.
The action sequences are a tad incoherent. Specially the one in the building with the Doctors and Hostages and Sonar and Lucious Fox.
The same with the Armoured truck chase scene.
My attention went also to Harvey Dent whose story doesn't get rolling until well into Act 3. Often the comment is that Harvey's story should have been saved for another movie, mainly because by the time it is revealed the audience is exhausted. But THE DARK KNIGHT is really Harvey's movie. Neither Batman nor the Joker are changed by the end of the movie to the extent that Harvey is transformed.

This is THE DARK KNIGHT and a simple trim job as mentioned in the "Cut/Added" would not suffice.
And since this is Christopher Nolan, I decide that for a NEW ride and to address the Two-Face issue I would completely eschew the linear storytelling and replace it with Nolan's own style from MEMENTO.
the film is now structured backwards and forwards, so that Harvey's past and future appear to be interconnected from both ends, directly affecting his present.

This nonlinear narrative structure challenges the conventional rules of plot construction and defies the standard notion that a film's scenes must advance chronologically. It makes the audiences understand the film in a new way by making new cause-and-effect connections between the scenes. Each beat of information must relate to what comes before and after, even if a scene transcends the chronological order of time. In nonlinear films, relationships created between the various time segments form a specific meaning when taken all together.

The film's events unfold in two separate, alternating narratives. One in color, and the other in black and white.
The black and white sections are told in Forward Chronological order.
The color sequences are in Reverse Chronological order.
The result is hopefully a new ride with some wonderful fresh thrills along the way.

Enjoy.
Jorge

p.s.
darkaudience.jpg

Maybe downloadable from info

UPDATE:
I am uploading an AVI and MP4 version.
Although my preferred distribution method is the DVD-9 I created I understand this can be a bit much for some.
And since I'm not planning on a torrent, the 2 new file versions seem like a fine compromise.
The mp4 is 870 mb and the AVI is 968 mb. Movie only.
So as I wrap things up with THE DARK KNIGHT I put together this trailer.
Hope you enjoy. :)

[youtubewide:1h1ka43x]

SECOND UPDATE:
This fanedit has the honor of being THE 500TH FANEDIT ON FANEDIT.ORG
Congratulations to everyone!!!! :)
dkcontest4.jpg

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds great, I only wish I had DL discs. One question though. You removed the mayor as next victim scene and the parade scene with Gordon's "death" but you make no mention of removing the scene where Gordon's wife is told of his "death" or the scene where he comes home and she slaps him across the face because she thought he was dead. Are those two scenes still intact?

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Sounds great, I only wish I had DL discs. One question though. You removed the mayor as next victim scene and the parade scene with Gordon's "death" but you make no mention of removing the scene where Gordon's wife is told of his "death" or the scene where he comes home and she slaps him across the face because she thought he was dead. Are those two scenes still intact?
I consider those beats as part of the "death" of Gordon. Wouldn't make much sense to leave those in if he's still alive.
Don't you think? :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice. Cant wait to see the final product!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
Frantic Canadian said:
I consider those beats as part of the "death" of Gordon. Wouldn't make much sense to leave those in if he's still alive.
Don't you think? :)

Just wanted to be sure. You only mention removing his death but you could have played it as an off-screen death, but that wouldn't have made much sense seeing as how big a character he is.

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic,

I compressed my copy of the movie onto a single-layer disc (because I couldn't wait to buy DL discs for this project) using DVD Shrink, then played it on my Blu-Ray player in 1080p.

I noticed NO problems.

Jorge, I bow to your genius!

searcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Scenes from Memento, sounds like a completely new watching experience, look forward to this one Jorge.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
searcher said:
Scenes from Memento, sounds like a completely new watching experience, look forward to this one Jorge.
not scenes from, rather it follows the structure of memento.

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats on the release Jorge... I think it will be a great success!

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And an incredibly good edit, by the way... Jorge has once again shown himself to be a master of the ancient discipline of fanediting. This edit is a dazzling spectacle of true genius! Yes, GENIUS! And no less than, My Friends! :lol:

Seriously though, you might think The Dark Knight is so good, it doesn't need an edit. And you're right... But, with "The Dark Knight: Remixed", Jorge provides a whole new experience of this blockbuster masterpiece and has created a nice alternative to set on the shelf right next to your Dark Knight DVD.

Sometimes you'll feel like revisiting the original...and sometimes you'll feel like mixing it up with REMIXED!

Download it today!

--ID

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the links will be up in 1h. Sorry for the little delay.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sladetwc said:
Frantic,

I compressed my copy of the movie onto a single-layer disc (because I couldn't wait to buy DL discs for this project) using DVD Shrink, then played it on my Blu-Ray player in 1080p.

I noticed NO problems.

Jorge, I bow to your genius!

I don't do compression. If I can't get it in its original size I'd rather do without. Or get a rip of it so that I can watch and then delete. Just how big is this anyways?

ShiftyEyes

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love the movie, but this cut sounds like it could be pretty interesting. The movie is kinda bloated and it'd be nice to see what can be done to it.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jorge had sent me a preview disc that was very close to a final version a short time back. This review (that I wrote at the time minus some other now expired information) is based on this preview version. I am aware however that not much of anything itself was changed in the final edit from the version that I saw:

I will be honest in that I had no idea what to expect. Right off the bat I knew I was in for something good.

At first I did a double take
[spoiler:8cz4mqir]when I noticed the first bunch of scenes were playing in reverse. I knew it was no error and it was setting things up for how this edit was going to be presented. I understood that completely (though I can see others thinking it was a slip up ).[/spoiler:8cz4mqir]

Jorge's mix of telling the film in a Memento style along with still technically showing the film in order with the flashbacks was brilliant. I also loved the use of black and white mixed with color. I do not have a 5.1 setup but the audio was perfectly balanced on my 2.0 down mix. The video quality of course was excellent with no hard cuts to be found

.The story was very coherent and even if an individual has never seen the film before, by the time the edit is finished they will understand completely what they just have viewed.

The black and white mixed with color scenes were great.
[spoiler:8cz4mqir]on occasion I was able to see some color that he did not want mixed in, but assuming there was no other way around it. It would happen every now and then with a frame or two (more noticeable when the joker crashes the party scene and you can see the flashes of his regular skin). Very minor and not distracting, but since this is a review, I did notice it[/spoiler:8cz4mqir]

the layer break also was set well. I used pgcedit and img burn to burn my DL discs. It gave the best spot right before the officer riding with Gordon reveals his name and this is the tie-in with his wife at the hospital. It worked well. If it had been one second more that line would have been fucked by the break.

in short this is a completely alternate re-telling of this epic film and it was done extremely well

One of the better fanedits I have ever seen

10 out of 10—

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
a short piece is now up in the members review section

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you tranzor for a very generous review.
For this release I tried something different. I approached a few of my very talented peers to give my dvd a critical once over.
This was my DARK AUDIENCE.
It was one of the smartest thing I have ever done so far.
Out of these private screenings I got invaluable feedback and the most startling and surprising thing for me was that everyone pointed out something different.
I learned a lot too. To be open to feedback. Not to think that my way is the only way. Everyone makes mistakes.
And after addressing most of their concerns I'm sure that this release is stronger for it.
So to my Dark Audience, You guys rock. :smile: (I'm not gonna cry...)
And to those who haven't seen this yet, you're in for a wild ride baby! :p

Top Bottom