• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE DARK KNIGHT: Remixed by Jorge

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 6 stars (average)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Man, I still need to watch this one. Started to once, then had to stop it for some reason and never resumed. It's literally right in front of me as I type, so I think it's going to the top of my to-do pile. :wink:

Hi, this is my first post here at FanEdit. It's a place I've fallen in love with over the past couple of months. I've been a huge movie buff for 40 years and I know my stuff. I directed and edited movies when I was studying film in the early-90s but have taken a twenty years break to be a musician/producer. I and a couple of friends have been tossing ideas around for a fan-edit and will run these by you very soon.
Jorge, this is a fantastic edit. Kept me gripped right to the end and the praise heaped upon it here is well deserved.
I only have a couple of suggestions, not concerning the cut itself, but the release format. Firstly, my dvd-burner, though in a brand new extremely fast laptop, hates DVD-DL. I tried to burn this five times and ended up with five (very expensive) coasters so went back and downloaded the AVI version. My suggestion is, firstly, could you please use the standard codec for avi's, XVID, in future. The codec you used (mp4v) is, imo, obscure and will not play on any standalone DVD-player. Also, the frame size you used (854x480) would have also precluded this from playing. I have been able to download other AVIs like those from TMBTM and they have been superb. On my Philips DVP5990 you can hardly tell the difference between DVD and XviD. May I suggest a frame-size of something like 640x368 (if you wish to keep the 16:9 aspect ratio) with a higher bitrate (>1k). I have over 5000 films in my collection in XVID format and it's good to be able to get an edit like TMBTM's 'Conan-MoW' in this format as I was a little worried that I would be wasting my bandwidth on something that may be a bit too 'out there' for my taste (because I'm not exactly a fan of Raaaaawk music, especially ManOWar) but, in light of how much I enjoyed Jaws/War of the Stars, felt compelled to take a look. I hope you find my comments constructive as I noticed a few people left similar posts but not the information as to what will work well. Now I'm going to have a look at some of your other work. If it's half as clever as this edit I'll be happy.

A very, very fine fanedit - well done Jorge, this is a marvellous piece of work.

I won't go into all the details that others have already listed, but I'll add a few constructive criticisms of my own if I may, as follows:

a) I really didn't think that the last scene worked between Gordon and Batman - for one thing, being lifted from Batman Begins, the sound and visual textures were a bit different and didn't meld so well compared to the lifts of Wayne as a child. For another, I thought that it spoiled the narrative flow. I would have put back in the scene from the theatrical release, ie Batman driving away on the Batpod.

b) A few brief bits of dialogue that I would have cut near the end with the chase, leading to the truck flipping -

(i) at one point a police driver says "We'll be like turkeys on thanksgiving"
(ii) Another guy (same driver?) says "load and load"
(iii) general remarks from cops in that whole sequence. I'd have cut them all.

c) Final point - near the end, the Joker pushes the driver from the truck and says "Excuse me, my turn to drive" - I thought that the edit after that line was a bit jarring.

Sorry to criticise, overall it was a first rate edit. These are just the things the niggled me.

Fantastic work overall though. Well done Jorge. :D

PHENOMENAL!

This may easily be the Best Fan Edit I have ever watched!

I had the distinct honor of the seeing the rough cut of this masterpiece more than a year ago.
So I feel like a total schmuck that it took me this long to actually sit down
and watch the final DVD version.

The alternating timelines thru the use of colour and b&W,
the moving of Harvey Dent to the forefront
while maintaining the powerful psycho presence of the Joker,
the seemless merging of past and present....

...this was just a beautiful experience.

While I am not a huge fan of the memento-mix style,
here is works perfectly, and if anything,
magnifies the power and tragedy
of Bruce, Harvey, Gordon and Rachel.

Bravo Jorge.:clap2:

ps. I WANT MY ITALIAN STALLION!!!!!

im thinking bout giving this a shot. i have Rise and Fall of Harvey Dent to go along with Batman Begins: Dark Cut. since they go together very well. does the dvd-r have any special features?

I'm confused - what exactly are you thinking of giving a shot?

Frink, I was talking bout giving this fanedit a watch. Once I do, I'll post a review for it.

It seems all of the dlc files have dead Rapidshare links. EDIT: Sure is a bummer. One can wish they'd all work ;)

Must...resist...I don't care...image...

^ot.com joke for ender

Back
Top Bottom