• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE DARK KNIGHT: Remixed by Jorge

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 6 stars (average)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
interested to see who voted this less than 10/10 and why.

everyone that has left a comment gave 10 stars.
The ones who rated it worse:
9 stars (3 ratings)
8 stars (4 ratings)
7 stars (1 rating)
6 stars (2 ratings)
did all not leave a comment. Some of them are very active forum members, but of course the names will not be revealed by the staff.

boon23 said:
everyone that has left a comment gave 10 stars.
The ones who rated it worse:
9 stars (3 ratings)
8 stars (4 ratings)
7 stars (1 rating)
6 stars (2 ratings)
did all not leave a comment. Some of them are very active forum members, but of course the names will not be revealed by the staff.
Those are great numbers and if my math is not bad, it means a lot of people gave it a 10 rating.
Truly humbling.
I would like to thank EVERYONE that voted for it. Most of the time any type of feedback is hard to attain.
For me the 26 votes was most gratifying. Thank you all.
And if you wanted TDK to win and feel bad that it didn't, cheer up. It's my most successful fanedit ever.
The most downloaded of my fanedits in only a couple of months and it has been called the next level of fanediting.
Not too shabby. :wink:
My problem is what the hell do I follow it up with? :shock:
Cheers!!! :D

killbillme said:
My problem is what the hell do I follow it up with?

A sure winner! Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

ballisticecksvssever.jpg

behemoth looks great but Italian Stallion is what I am salivating for... also, I heard there was a watchmen motion comic remix in the works... :smile:

I still did not see this edit. Mostly because I've watched the original not so long ago and I had enough Batman for the time being. But I'm planing to watch it with my girlfriend soon. I'm sure it's great!

There has been a DVD rip put on Torrentleech a private site, of Jorge's Dark Knight.

I just finished watching. I'm not sure how I can put into writing how amazing the editing was, phenomenal idea and execution. While I wouldn't say I enjoyed more than the movie its most defiantly a unique perspective to watch it. Now, I just need to get the dvd version downloaded because the avi version was kind of hard to watch with all of the darkness. This is a great companion piece to the original, this will probably be the first one I make the case for and the whole 9 yards.

I only enjoyed parts of this. The use of black and white felt wrong and the occasional colour felt forced. The Two-Face reveal with Gordon had no real resonance after we'd seen Harvey's new face several times already. While some transitions felt thematically/narratively well motivated, most did not. I was actually hoping it would end after the explosions with Alfred removing the letter (the flashbacks to Begins were well integrated), since that new sequence was great and it carried some real emotional punch that would have worked well as a new ending. Not least because it would have given Rachel's part the prominence it deserves in the Nolan films (she's kinda forgotten about after Harvey takes the driver's seat by the end). But, alas, it was not to be.

It's not bad. It's just massively inferior to the original film, and the new structure doesn't really support the characters and their motivations. Often I wanted the film to speed up so I didn't have to see the cause for the effect I had already seen. This is the opposite of how Memento works. There the driving force is the protagonist's amnesia. Here there is no real driving force behind the backward-moving action.

Video - 8/10
Sound - 10/10
Editing - 9/10
Entertainment - 5/10 (original 9/10)

Total - 6/10

That's possibly a bit harsh, but as the main thing - the edit as an actual movie - didn't really work for me, it feels right. But I do understand where you were going with it, and I applaud the effort and the ambition. I'm really looking forward to seeing more Jorge edits. (I have Hellblazer ready for action at least.)

to each his own of course. :)
The "Memento" approach always seemed to me as THE interesting and view-changing part of this fanedit. To me this was the approach for people who already know the Batman universe very well. The plot from past and future went to a terrible present climax. And as that I found it fantastic, but not for a continuous plot, which it of course did not want to have, but for a mood that builds up and up.

I know the Batman universe very well indeed (I've read a disturbing amount of comics and collections over the last few years; and seen both Begins and TDK tree times each), that wasn't the problem for me. The idea of having the climax around the middle is a good one (not least because with TDK the mid-climax is arguably stronger than the end-climax), but it just didn't work as well as I'd hoped. The Coleman Reese subplot becomes boring in the backwards narrative and the dead/undercover Gordon story is hinted at, but nothing more. Personally I think the two ships story needed to be carried through like it was in the film too, especially since the scenes we do see are given so much weight and setup.

For me this showed both the joys and pitfalls of fanedits in general. There really is only so much you can do with a film without changing everything. With TDK the acting, music and setups had a very unified feel - a fanedit that's this radical must upset that (IMO not in a good way).

Congratulations to Jorge for being chosen as May's fanedit of the month for the best Batman Fanedit.

A much deserved award for a fantastic representation of what is possible with the art of editing and a creative idea!

feotm_2010_04.png

for those of you scratching your heads as to why this edit was chosen:

this, like last months (best episode 1 edit) were "special" categories due to -

a. not enough new releases to have a proper vote, and
b. the transition of staff/admins was hectic and we never had a contest.

this winner was selected by the staff (and boon) due to its high review scores and lack of previous wins. (no feotm has won twice).

the current contest viewtopic.php?f=65&t=7648 has pooled all the released edits from almost 3 months and only includes 6, so june will be a proper vote but next month may be another "special" category if we dont have enough participants - but we will have a community vote from here on out. it just slipped through the cracks this time.

I would like to thank everyone that voted this as fanedit of the month.
I would normally now say something pithy and irreverent but all I got is: cheers!
seriously, it means a lot. :)

CONGRATS JORGE!

Way to go!!!! :)

Couldn't you guys wait for me to release my Batman '89 edit before choosing? :x

j/k, of course. Congrats, Jorge! :)

Congratulations RRRoRRRe! ;) :razz:

Jorge is one of the best and I think it is great to see such a beloved FanEdit receive the justified accolade. Good move and very welcome!!

Well done Jorge, it's all downhill from here on!!!

Back
Top Bottom