• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE DARK KNIGHT: Remixed by Jorge

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 6 stars (average)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
I don't think so.

I just finished watching this and I thought it was great, one of the best fanedits I've seen.

My only gripe (and it's very minor) is that the choice to tell the story Memento-style is somewhat arbitrary. In Memento, the main character had amnesia and a non-linear narrative structure fits absolutely perfectly with that. In this edit, the choice to have a non-linear structure seems to be based on the sole fact that The Dark Knight and Memento happen to be directed by the same person. There's nothing wrong with that, and you make it work amazingly well, but the non-linear structure works much better for a story like Memento because the structure is mirroring the main character. I also wished there was more of an "A-ha" moment like the "You can be my John G" scene in Memento, but there's not much you could've done about that.

But I'm just being nit-picky. This is easily in my top 5. There are so many fanedits that follow the "take out this character/these lines of dialogue" route that it's truly refreshing when you see something like this that's really on another level. I only wish there were more fanedits with this amount of creativity.

Well done.

Hello True Believers!
I am uploading an AVI and MP4 version.
Although my preferred distribution method is the DVD-9 I created, I understand this can be a bit much for some.
And since I'm not planning on a torrent, the 2 new file versions seem like a fine compromise.
The mp4 is 870 mb and the AVI is 968 mb. Movie only.
So as I wrap things up with THE DARK KNIGHT I put together this trailer.
Hope you enjoy. :)

[youtubewide:64ulgc34]

The avi is now available on piratebay through Bittorrent

Having trouble getting the avi to play, any suggestions on what player, etc... to use? (I tried Real player, Windows Media player, DivX player, and Nero ShowTime.)

you probably dont have the proper codecs installed. either download VLC player, or download and install the latest k-lite codec pack

klite codec pack is the way to go.

install "lots of stuff" and associate everything with media player classic.

ThrowgnCpr said:
you probably dont have the proper codecs installed.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Been awhile since I really watched movies on my pc. K-Lite Codec Pack did the trick, thanks guys.

Just watched the edit and it's great. It helps that this type of edit was made using such good source material, but I finished watching the edit understanding the complexities of the movie more than I did before the edit, meaning that in my eyes your edit has done what it was intended to do more than sufficiently. I also loved the highlighting of the Jokers lips whenever he appeared in a black and white scene.

10/10 Brilliant edit :)

There's a lot of hype surrounding this release. Is it worth all the raves?

Let me just put this out there...

Welcome to the next level of fanediting.

There are fanedits that add and delete scenes. Others that create Special Editions.

Then there is the work that Jorge has put into this effort, which is the next evolution of fanediting.

Fans of MEMENTO and THE DARK KNIGHT are in for a treat. The masterwork of Mr. Nolan gets a whole new upgrade and remix -- and it's unlike any fanedit or version of DARK KNIGHT you are to encounter. That's what makes this release so unique and exciting...it could only come from the mind of Jorge, who had not only the brilliant idea to pull it off, but the skills and patience to really make it shine.

Backwards? Really?

You bet. And it's a facinating way to re-watch a film you are familiar with. The Black and White scenes are beautiful...with plenty of red spilling over. The concept really brings out new drama and elements. Sure some scenes and lines are missing...it is a remix afterall...but I think when you get through the ending credits (also fantastic) you will understand why Jorge made the choices he did. The addition of scenes from BATMAN BEGINS also brings a wonderful layer to the events in DARK KNIGHT.

If you've seen DARK KNIGHT a few times and want something fresh for your next viewing...this is the one.

If you've never seen a fanedit and are curious what the fuss is all about...you will find answers here.

If you've seen a fair share of fanedits and are looking for something fresh, exciting and new...look no further.

This one certainly sets a new bar for creativity.

Well played Jorge.

i liked it uthere s a few things id change if anyone wants a stab at making one let me knwo and lets share some ideas, for instance id try to make the movie revovle around the interogation scene and use flash backs and have long still pauses where batman stares off to them or the joker

for exsample the joker talks and later thinks about the bank hiest or have batman stare off thinking about rachel and catching the scarecrow...

also id end the movie, with the joker getitng away int he cop car and dent fall but nothing more then that...

modernknife said:
There's a lot of hype surrounding this release. Is it worth all the raves?

Let me just put this out there...

Welcome to the next level of fanediting.

There are fanedits that add and delete scenes. Others that create Special Editions.

Then there is the work that Jorge has put into this effort, which is the next evolution of fanediting.

Fans of MEMENTO and THE DARK KNIGHT are in for a treat. The masterwork of Mr. Nolan gets a whole new upgrade and remix -- and it's unlike any fanedit or version of DARK KNIGHT you are to encounter. That's what makes this release so unique and exciting...it could only come from the mind of Jorge, who had not only the brilliant idea to pull it off, but the skills and patience to really make it shine.

Backwards? Really?

You bet. And it's a facinating way to re-watch a film you are familiar with. The Black and White scenes are beautiful...with plenty of red spilling over. The concept really brings out new drama and elements. Sure some scenes and lines are missing...it is a remix afterall...but I think when you get through the ending credits (also fantastic) you will understand why Jorge made the choices he did. The addition of scenes from BATMAN BEGINS also brings a wonderful layer to the events in DARK KNIGHT.

If you've seen DARK KNIGHT a few times and want something fresh for your next viewing...this is the one.

If you've never seen a fanedit and are curious what the fuss is all about...you will find answers here.

If you've seen a fair share of fanedits and are looking for something fresh, exciting and new...look no further.

This one certainly sets a new bar for creativity.

Well played Jorge.
Awesome review. thank you so much. :)

Finally had some free time from exams to watch this last night and I was very impressed. I loved how the beginning and end of the movie eventually converged in the middle, and I think ending with the scene from Begins was a perfect way to go, as it really is the start of the Joker's story. I only real problem I had with the edit was the transition from black and white to color during the capture of the Joker, as I felt it kind of just happened arbitrarily. I probably would have done the change during the actual chase itself, but that is really only a small gripe to a fantastic edit. The Dark Knight is firmly in my top 5 films that I have ever seen, and while I don't know if I'll ever watch it again in the form that Jorge has presented, I'm sure I'll remember it for quite some time.

Phenomenal job!!
A thoroughly entertaining re-organization/edit of this already great movie. This is from a true skeptic. The use of B&W was simplistic, but at the same time ingenious, as well as the incorporation of the scenes from Batman Begins. I wish I could go back and watch this version first, not knowing what happens in the original, but I didn't notice any plot holes. I cannot envision giving this any less than a 9 for entertainment value and plot. Minus 1 because while I enjoyed the edit immensely, I do still enjoy the original more.

As to the cuts, the A/V, and technical stuff, my untrained eye did not notice anything wacky. I'm thinking I can't justify docking any points there. So if I take a shortcut and use two highly generalized criteria, it's a 9.5.

Amazing!!

I uploaded this to piratebay but I have slow upload for DL DVD (apx. 600kbps) so please help me if you can. We're sharing work for free and thanks to Jorge for this one.

someone has obviously manually written them and added them.

This was beyond awesome. Jorge took fanediting to a new level when he did this film. This is what fanediting is about- not just reinserting scenes and changing how a movie plays out, but having the creativity to totally change the way we see and think about a movie.

Like others, I had to do a double take when I first started watching it as it switched between the color and b&w scenes but after a short time, I got used to it. I also found no problems at all with the audio or video, and the dvd menus and options themselves were done with the work of a professional. I don't know if the slight showing of coloring in the b&w scenes was intentional or due to the editing, but i really liked how it made parts stand out, especially the b&w scenes of the Joker.

In closing, if you loved TDK, you should check this out for a different take on this movie.
10/10.

Back
Top Bottom