• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE DARK KNIGHT: Remixed by Jorge

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 6 stars (average)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
killbillme said:
And to those who haven't seen this yet, you're in for a wild ride baby! :p

I agree. I was blown away by the film when I saw it in the theater and this edit took that feeling one step further and really amazed me. Excellent work and quite possibly now a preferred viewing in my case

My quick 2 cents: I too saw the preview and knew Jorge had struck gold with this one. A very smartly put together fanedit to be sure. Since he has made improvements to the preview version this one is sure to be top-rated because what I saw was already damn good, near perfectly done. It does exactly what it sets out to, and is interesting to watch. I liked your covert release approach too... very Batman-like!

A couple of personal notes: 1) Thank you for letting me preview it. And 2) I admire your creative approach and am glad you found it a rewarding experience.

I am sure this will become an instant FE classic. Hats off.

elbarto1 said:
searcher said:
Scenes from Memento, sounds like a completely new watching experience, look forward to this one Jorge.
not scenes from, rather it follows the structure of memento.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that, still sounds awesome.

Hey guys, this could be incredible. I was thinking about my own TDK edit. More little tweaking but this looks really really interesting edit to see.

Ok and here's the problem. Can anyone upload this to Piratebay or Demonoid? This is too large for free rapid downloading

Thanks a lot

folks... this is a must see fanedit. the separate timelines work amazingly well (and even help with the deletion of material) and make a VERY interesting focal change. i really enjoyed the preview and this is sure to be a 10/10! :)

Harman said:
Hey guys, this could be incredible. I was thinking about my own TDK edit. More little tweaking but this looks really really interesting edit to see.

Ok and here's the problem. Can anyone upload this to Piratebay or Demonoid? This is too large for free rapid downloading

Thanks a lot

What he said, I am on file 21, I don't have a lot of time to download via RapidShare and I was given a copy like a week before. If someone could put it up on PirateBay that would be fantastic.

this is not the same as the preview, Jack, if that is what you are saying...

The Dark Knight - Remixed by Jorge

review by boon23

Prologue:
Unlike the masses I was not a huge fan of the original movie. Maybe my expectations were too high or maybe the movie was too weak. I liked the Joker, but I did not really like Batman in this one, I hated how Harvey Two Face was handled and despite the movie being long it seemed to come short all the time.
Jorge's concept fascinated me from the very beginning, because it was a bold one.
As for all my reviews: this is just my personal opinion of this fanedit. I cannot tell anybody else, if he or she will experience it in the same way or the opposite. So my review is not objective and does not reflect the opinion of fanedit.org.

!!!!This review contains heavy spoilers!!!

The edit:
It took me a while to get into the completely changed mood for this movie. The idea of focusing the story on the Rachel/Harvey event from both the future and the past was artsy and took away the thrill of the movie, only to replace it with something else, which happened after the confusion settled down: fascination.
What Jorge managed with his fanedit is to exactly address what bothered me about the original: a flat batman and a flat presentation of Harvey Two Face. Both of them get in this one what they rightfully deserve: scenes with impact and subtlety. The madness the Joker brings on Gothham is so much clearer displayed, the helplessness of Batman so much better delivered. I cannot else but applaud this fanedit and the man behind it: Jorge. You have done an outstanding job.
While I believe the masses might not find the approach for this take as it is no longer a dumb action movie, it gave me a version I truly enjoyed.
I liked it a lot that the Joker did not die and neither did Gordon.
The editing was done masterfully, both visual and sound-wise. So many changes, such an incredible amount of work. I could see the inspiration that came from the Batman Consecution project (Bat Memento and Mayhem & Mistletoe). Yet this was a complete and consistent take on a movie. The inclusion of B/W scenes along with the red showing was great.
little problems:
The very tiny flaws (like red showing on other parts than Joker's face) could be totally ignored.
The ferries part came a bit short. Some scenes were still not great (like when Batman frees the hostages). I found the inclusion of the Batman Begins scenes good, but not all of them necessary (Raz Al Ghul was great, as was the conclusion with Gordon). At least one time I noticed the color difference of BB and DK.
This was an awesome fanedit and I cannot but deeply bow to the skill of Jorge.
editing: 10 of 10,
entertainment: 9 of 10 (original 7 of 10)

Image and video quality:

Image and video quality were great, especially when taking into account on what a huge level things were changed.
Video quality: 10 of 10

Audio editing and audio quality:
The audio editing was superb, especially taking into account on what a huge level things were changed.
audio editing: 10 of 10
audio quality: 10 of 10

presentation:
This fanedit comes with all a fan can ask for. Nice bonus material, a lot of Jorge's fanedit trailers, great menus (except for the still rather bad looking bonus and scene selection menus). The included cover art is nice.
DVD menus: 9 of 10, cover art 8 of 10, extras: 10 of 10, existence of menus, chapters and extras: 10 of 10

This results in a 9 of 10 rating from me for presentation.

Final result: 10 of 10.
Highly recommended.

really looking forward to seeing this. i will let you know my thoughts on it soon. Thanks Jorge for all your hard work on this.

Well its hard to say much more after these great comments, but I shall try. First I thought that the Dark Knight was a great movie and I agree probably the best in 2008, your version is a touch of genius, how you manage to switch scenes so often seemlessly is amazing, the mixture of BW and colour was also superb. This is truly the Harvey Dent story that never came out of the original due to the Joker. Loved the scenes from Batman Begins especially the surprise ending. It had me completely enthralled and it was almost like watching a complete new movie. Like the DVD menu especially the Graphic novel in the extras part. For video and audeo 10/10 if I could give it 11/10 I would. Marvelous edit Jorge. A real
masterpiece from a true master.

I did not like The Dark Knight when I saw it in the Theatre, from Christian Bale's ridiculously gruff voice, to the miscasting of Maggie Gyllenhall and Aaron Eckhartand, to Ledger's irritatingly masticating Joker. Also it is far too wordy, as if image came second to the incessant dialogue.

So Jorge has done a DK FanEdit, which has received some great reviews. Maybe he has redeemed The Dark Knight? I thought I would give it a try.

No-one more than Jorge knows just how talented a FanEditor he is and as I slide the DVD into the player, I am struck by how professional everything looks. From menus, to extraordinary trailers, you are hit by the genius of this FanEditor. It all feels like a cinema experience.

"Remixed by Jorge" is everywhere, before trailers, after trailers, title cards, before the movie, after the movie and also numerous times on the bonus features. Jorge is blowing his own trumpet super-loud!!!!

The FanEdit starts well but the problems I had with the original version, listed above, permeate through. Our first real scene with Batman is a downer, in fact he simply gets up after a fall. This is no fault of the fanEditor but I do feel Batman needs a big entrance. There is some dodgy editing in the original that is still present in the FanEdit, for example the cut from the scarecrow car-park battle, to them being tied up. This again is no fault of the FanEditor.

Jorge's editing is faultless, as is the sound design. 10 out of 10. Amazing job. The entertainment on the other hand left me cold. I am sure that fans of the original will love this and I recommend you see this if you are a Batman Fan.

This is a wonderful display of what is possible with the Art of FanEditing.

I finally downloaded the latest DVD version of this and I have to say, speaking not only as a Batman fan but as a movie fan. This is by far the greatest fan-edit I've ever seen. Yeah, this took the title of Pulp Fiction: Vince and Butch away for me. I loved it, loved it, loved it. Part of that love, other than the perfect reconstruction of the movie itself, is the DVD. It feels as if you're watching an actual DVD and not something that was edited by someone out there. (I absolutely cannot wait to see Italian Stallion, Jorge!). Quite simply, this movie is a 10/10 and has earned a spot next to my Batman collection of DVDs rather than my fan-edit collection. It's that damn good. Congrats, Jorge. This was quite the accomplishment.

Jack Tourette said:
I finally downloaded the latest DVD version of this and I have to say, speaking not only as a Batman fan but as a movie fan. This is by far the greatest fan-edit I've ever seen. Yeah, this took the title of Pulp Fiction: Vince and Butch away for me. I loved it, loved it, loved it. Part of that love, other than the perfect reconstruction of the movie itself, is the DVD. It feels as if you're watching an actual DVD and not something that was edited by someone out there. (I absolutely cannot wait to see Italian Stallion, Jorge!). Quite simply, this movie is a 10/10 and has earned a spot next to my Batman collection of DVDs rather than my fan-edit collection. It's that damn good. Congrats, Jorge. This was quite the accomplishment.
Thanks a lot Jack. awesome feedback.
I knew you'd appreciate it and that's why I picked you for my DARK AUDIENCE.
Sadly, since you got the preview version, you are missing some further polish on the film and additional bonus material like the audio commentary and the Graphic Novel.
But I guess now there's no rush.
As the Hard-Core Batman representative on the forum that you are, I'm happy to have your approval.
Cheers! :)

killbillme said:
Jack Tourette said:
Thanks a lot Jack. awesome feedback.
I knew you'd appreciate it and that's why I picked you for my DARK AUDIENCE.
Sadly, since you got the preview version, you are missing some further polish on the film and additional bonus material like the audio commentary and the Graphic Novel.
But I guess now there's no rush.
As the Hard-Core Batman representative on the forum that you are, I'm happy to have your approval.
Cheers! :)

That's where you are wrong, once I realized this was polished up, I decided to skip out on the original cut and just go for this Jorge. Fantastic work. You ought to be proud, man. :-D

sladetwc said:
Frantic,

I compressed my copy of the movie onto a single-layer disc (because I couldn't wait to buy DL discs for this project) using DVD Shrink, then played it on my Blu-Ray player in 1080p.

I noticed NO problems.

Jorge, I bow to your genius!
I will get my hands on the DVD and try to do the same.

You got me curious about this fanedit.

Jack Tourette said:
That's where you are wrong, once I realized this was polished up, I decided to skip out on the original cut and just go for this Jorge. Fantastic work. You ought to be proud, man. :-D
Ahhh you have done well Panda.

This is what fan editing is all about. Well done Jorge. :)

Back
Top Bottom