• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Criterion Collection Thread

"Ang Lee, you wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee" (© Stewart Lee)

jrWHAG42 said:
Sorry, my whole Hulk thing is a big joke. Please ignore me.

Excuse my stupidity, but are you saying your opinion on Hulk is a joke, or that you were being sarcastic about it being a classic?

IMG-4384.jpg

I was joking about it being a classic. I don't even like it much. 
I joke about it everywhere online and in real life, stemming from me getting a promotional shirt for it from the movie theatre that my mother worked at.

What is even happening right now?

Anyway, I have two, Rushmore and Tenenbaums.

Oh... well that’s embarrassing.

emb.gif

In my defense though it’s hard to read sarcasm on text.

jrWHAG42 said:
I was joking about it being a classic. I don't even like it much. 
I joke about it everywhere online and in real life, stemming from me getting a promotional shirt for it from the movie theatre that my mother worked at.

Hahah love it :)

@"suspiciouscoffee" Hilarious, I laughed out loud!

EDIT: Why can’t I embed pictures? (Or just gifs? I’m not sure)

suspiciouscoffee said:
24 hour flash sale time again!  Anyone grabbing anything good today?

But 24 hours isn't enough time to figure out how use the new website design.

I haven't updated this in a while. I'm really excited to have added Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (which I honestly can't believe is in the Criterion Collection), Bicycle Thieves, and 1984. Very exciting.

MovieFreakedMind said:
I haven't updated this in a while. I'm really excited to have added Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (which I honestly can't believe is in the Criterion Collection), Bicycle Thieves, and 1984. Very exciting.

the onl thing that annoyed me was the same standard covers of the traditional covers were used fo Criterion edition. there was some great alt covers forr fire walk with me

There’s a good chance I’m getting 1984 for Christmas. I have it on VHS so I’m looking forward to the upgrade. I’m interested in hearing the alternate score, because Radford apparently hated the Eurythmics score, which I love, so I’m curious as to what made the other score so much better.

I haven't seen it in several years and when I did I wasn't really interested in viewing films critically at the time, so I don't remember the score. Wasn't 1984 a film that Twilight Time released on blu-ray and had been out of print ever since? Last year, before Criterion announced it, I checked on Amazon and couldn't find it for less than 100 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom