• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Clone Wars

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi

Anybody watch this show? I have watched every episode and while I think some are better than others I feel overall it is a great show.

Also think there may be a couple more seasons at least but in some ways can't wait to see if it does tie up (or go oevr the timeline) with Episode III.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen the first three seasons and while they can be a little hit and miss for the most part I’ve enjoyed them. Anakins character certainly comes across a lot better in this then he's ever done in the films. Haven't seen this season and to be honest I’m a little put off by darth mauls return. i've heard they plan on doing 100 episodes in total

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have the first season. and i watch every once in a while. it is a great show. it definitely is better than the Prequels, imo. think it makes up for TPM definitely. it'd be cool to edit the multi part episodes together into fanedits.

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
i have the first season. and i watch every once in a while. it is a great show. it definitely is better than the Prequels, imo. think it makes up for TPM definitely. it'd be cool to edit the multi part episodes together into fanedits.

The Savage Oppress storyline tied into the recent Darth Maul episodes (and in season 5?) woudl make a good fan edit IMO.

I think season 4 started off not great but then improved. IMO season 2 is still the best in terms of variations of storylines and of course it has the awesome Geonosic story arc.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm afraid that my loathing for the PT era - its look, its setup, the awful Clone Wars = good clones vs. bad droids formulation - has pretty well guaranteed I'll never watch the show, regardless of how well it's done. :oops:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith, stick to your guns. The movie was f*cking atrocious, and I gave season 1 a shot. Still left a really sour taste in my mouth. Won't be watching anything past season 1.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not worth watching. I tried my damnedest, but it's just too..... Lucas-y.

Star Wars: Clone Wars however, is awesome, especially when viewed as a "movie" courtesy of ADM.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ yep, the 2003 Tartakovsky series was decent. Still stunk of stupid Lucasisms, but it had some cool stuff in it, and overall was very enjoyable.

I can not emphasize enough though, how much the new CGI series sucks.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like most of the CG clone wars. Not all episodes. But I think it's good for what it is.
And speaking of fanedit. I think the center audio channel is free of music. So that's super cool for grabbing effects and of course to replace score by, let's say, more OT score maybe.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
I like most of the CG clone wars. Not all episodes. But I think it's good for what it is.
And speaking of fanedit. I think the center audio channel is free of music. So that's super cool for grabbing effects and of course to replace score by, let's say, more OT score maybe.

Good to know.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same here! I have Clone Wars season 1, so if there's a plot thread somewhere in between all those separate episodes, it could prove a lot of fun :)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to say that some official DVDs of the CG Clone Wars are at full 16:9 ratio (zoomed picture, without black bars) while the true aspect ratio of the episodes are 2:35:1 like the movies. So if you want your edit to looks "like the movies" don't add black bars on a "full 16:9" version or you'll get even less picture. Seek for a 2:35:1 DVD or go for the blurays.

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haev thought of attempting an edit of the Geonosic arc in season 2 which consist of a great battle in "Landing at Point Rain".

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So has anyone marathon watched the final sixth season exclusively on Netflix yet?

Satisfied with how everything was tied up and connected back to Revenge of the Sith?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Given our nice weather ha turned, I need to find things for my kids to do indoors. So I’m going to introduce this series to them. I’ve never watched it. I may have seen an episode or two ages ago and I know I at least saw the movie, but TBH, I didn’t like it at all. I’ve heard it got better and I think the kids may like it. They LOVE Rise of Skywalker.

Disney has a list of 20 essential episodes to watch before the final season. I’m curious as to the veterans of this series think of the list. I’d be willing to add additional episodes if need be.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Given our nice weather ha turned, I need to find things for my kids to do indoors. So I’m going to introduce this series to them. I’ve never watched it. I may have seen an episode or two ages ago and I know I at least saw the movie, but TBH, I didn’t like it at all. I’ve heard it got better and I think the kids may like it. They LOVE Rise of Skywalker.

Disney has a list of 20 essential episodes to watch before the final season. I’m curious as to the veterans of this series think of the list. I’d be willing to add additional episodes if need be.

Two plus years ago on my paternal leave from work I watched the series on Netflix, as I knew it was a kid friendly show that adults recommended to me.

I found it to be just fine overall. I'm not huge into Star Wars and really dislike specific things about the setting of the prequels that were baked into the show's premise (like the Jedi being soldiers/generals, and the clones being good guys and also all of them are a copy of one guy which to me is a waste of the concept of wartime cloning), so I didn't pay full attention to it but left it on while doing chores and whatnot for a few weeks. There was some really good stuff in there, but also a lot of stuff that didn't hold my attention. I don't think you'll hate it, and agree your kids will probably love it. I don't have any specific episodes or arcs in mind to recommend watching it abiding mostly because of how little attention I paid to which episode was which.

But since you have time and there's so much of it I'd recommend you just go through the whole show and make up your own mind instead of just going by what people consider essential. If there's one thing I know about Star Wars it's that there is no real consensus of opinion on quality outside the Original Trilogy, and even in the OT people find stuff to argue about.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks @"addiesin" but my kids lost interest only halfway through the first episode. Ha! Oh well, I’ll have to find something else. We had a chill out time yesterday and watched part of Fantasia. They weren’t psyched about it, but did end up enjoying the ones with more story. And then they ended up choosing and enjoying a 1969 movie called My Dog the Thief. Lol. So who knows what kids will like.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Thanks @"addiesin" but my kids lost interest only halfway through the first episode. Ha! Oh well, I’ll have to find something else. We had a chill out time yesterday and watched part of Fantasia. They weren’t psyched about it, but did end up enjoying the ones with more story. And then they ended up choosing and enjoying a 1969 movie called My Dog the Thief. Lol. So who knows what kids will like.

Hmm. Which episode was it?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

Hmm. Which episode was it?

S1e1.

Top Bottom