• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian ~The Book Cut~

SoboFilms

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, this is first time doing a fan edit (well an official one anyways) and the edit I've created of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (which hasn't been approved yet), is meant to be a version of the film that follows the book more closely. However, it is not a purist edition, meaning that I still left stuff in from the actual film. My reasoning was that, I wanted to create a film that was like the first Narnia film, in terms of adapting the story.

While I thought about doing a purist cut, I decided that in way doing a purist cut would take some of the enjoyment out of the film.

The edit itself is about 120 minutes, which the original film was 150 minutes. Some of the big things I removed/changed were: Caspian and Susan kissing scene, Peter fighting at the train station, and the Night Raid on Miraz's Castle. I also reinserted a couple deleted scenes, moved the scene where Cornelius tells Caspian about his father's murder to the beginning, and much more.

I hope that everyone looks forward to the edit (if its approved that is).

*Edit, I've created and uploaded some images of the box art and poster for the film, I've also put together a more detailed cut list.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B042Sij613RZd2NKX09NeXNiMFE/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B042Sij613RZckk4TG9GSEUyQm8/view?usp=sharing
I drew inspiration for design of the cover art from HAL 9000's Fellowship of the Ring Book Cut dvd art and here is the full cut/changes list:
- Cut Lady Prunaprismia giving birth.
- Cut scene of Miraz telling his general to kill Caspian
- Cut Peter's fight at the train station, as well as any dialogue referencing it; the scene now begins with Peter saying that its been a year since they went to Narnia.
- Inserted deleted Apple Orchard scene
- Cut night raid on Miraz's castle as well as all references to it (which is why Cornelius is imprisoned for the whole movie).
- Cut White Witch scene.
- Trimmed the scene where Peter is talking about the plan to send Lucy into the woods in search of Aslan (trimmed in order to remove references to castle raid)
- Trimmed some of Susan's lines regarding her horn when she's preparing to leave for the woods with Lucy, specifically "You may need to call me again"
- Added the deleted scene Picking Marshalls.
- Cut almost all parts of Susan shooting Telmarines in the woods, with the exception of one shot (done to make the audio work and so she doesn't look stupid waitng around)
- Cut Peter offering Caspian the chance to kill Miraz, now Peter just walks away.
- Cut Susan and Caspian's kiss at the end of the film, now the song "The Call" starts at the end of the shot where Lucy is hugging Trumpkin.
- Cut all the dialogue from the end of the film, now it's just their expressions that move the scene

I believe that's all the cuts/changes, again this film didn't certainly need as much cutting as Dawn Treader will, though it certainly has a decent amount of cuts and a lot of hard work was put into it.

I am a fan of this series and I am sad it fizzled after only three films. I'd love to see your take on Prince Caspian! I hope you'll consider an edit of the Dawn Tread too, which was hardly anything like the book in my mind.

If only they'd made The Silver Chair. Then at least we'd get the same actor for Eustace and then could have taken as long as necessary to continue with the series without it being as big a loss in terms of original actors.

Thanks and yeah I do intend on doing an edit of Dawn Treader, in fact before I did Prince Caspian I was actually working on a cut for Dawn Treader. I actually got really far with it and even got to the point of completely restructuring the story and getting rid of the green mist.

oooh! Count me interested.
Dawn Treader too. The book is fantastic. The movie is a bit meh because of the green mist nonsense.

Yeah, the film's plot wasn't really my favorite and to me its the film that really needed to have edits done to it the most. Hopefully I can finish it in the near future.

Thread moved to regular In-The-Works section.
[The Workprints and Previews section contains unfinished fanedits, workprints and previews that are not available in a finished version so far and did not get approved on fanedit.org for their current quality, yet are maybe still worth it to be checked out.]

Moved to Pending Approval because it was submitted.

For addy:

daily_gifdump_728_02.gif

:D

TV's Frink said:
Moved to Pending Approval because it was submitted.

For addy:

daily_gifdump_728_02.gif

:D

Okay, no more moderation from me til my brain is awake as my body. :oops:

Can't see the image btw.

addiesin said:
Can't see the image btw.

That's odd, it shows here and on ot.com, even after a cache clear. *shrug*

I can see it now at home. Must have been uploaded on a site blocked by my work's internet.

My apologies, Sobo, for detailing your thread.
You said you're working on the third one, what are your thoughts on the first Narnia film? Any plans for a fan edit trilogy?

Well I think the film itself isn't really that bad, especially when compared to the other two, but it definitely has some issues that I might visit. But in terms of accuracy to the book, it is definitely a better adaptation than the other two, I mean they actually seemed to try to follow the book, whereas the other two didn't really seem to at all. However, since those issues aren't too big and as of now I'd probably say no to a Narnia 1 edit, but who knows I might do one in the near future.

Here's the trailer for the film, I had meant to upload this and a clip from the film earlier, but the clip had copyright issues and couldn't be uploaded on vimeo or youtube.

Should you ever revisit this trailer, it would probably be much cooler if the sound effects from the scenes that were depicted were inserted in, starting after the first display of text. Just a thought...

beezo said:
Should you ever revisit this trailer, it would probably be much cooler if the sound effects from the scenes that were depicted were inserted in, starting after the first display of text. Just a thought...

Thanks for the advice :) and with the sound effects/dialogue I wasn't 100% sure what to put in and on top of that some of the footage that I used in the trailer had other music going and removing it would've distorted the audio/video. I get what you're saying though and if I ever do another trailer for this edit I'll be sure to take you're suggestion.

Just playing around with photoshop.....

ILO4q4vl.jpg
[

That looks pretty awesome, nice work :) I actually tried something similar to that before, but decided to go for a more traditional/book cover look.

editOtron3000 said:
Where can I dowload this edit from?

Editotron3000,
If this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Back
Top Bottom