• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Cellar - Payback. A DF of 10 Cloverfield lane and Death Sentence

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The last double feature of 2016
10 Cloverfield lane is a good horror film but the ending sucks
I had a big problem with that "Star Wars" spaceship at the end so in my cut there are no aliens
The character of Goodman in this cut is someone who thinks there is some widespread chemical attack
But is that for real or is it all in his head?
So that is my point in the storyline of this cut, so i have a few ideas i must work out but i make something of it
Death sentence is one of my favorite revenge movies
Guy or Girl gets attacked or lost someone and takes the law into her/his own hands
I see it al before, like in Exterminator (1980) Vigilante (1982) I spit on your grave (1978 - 2010)  (also coming up in future projects) but this one was for me real special
Great acting of Kevin Bacon but Goodman also in this movie gives a great performance
As usual cut to 60 - 70 minutes and i think ready by the end of December

I have enough editing work in 2017,  23 DF's on paper and also some plans with Final Destination, (Gruesome Death) and Saw
An Argento trilogy, like Cronenberg in one edit, also the plan to make the first 3 Child's play's in a trilogy (Good Guy)
American Sniper and Lone Survivor in a DF
Of course not all of that in 2017 but it will happen eventually

ZgyZABa.jpg

TK251

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How is this going? specifically the 10 Cloverfield lane edit.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am still busy with the Death sentence cut and there is a rough workprint of Cloverfield
It could be ready after the Christmas holidays (well, i hope so with all that family bullshit) or otherwise  the last days of December
Keep the spot on the blog but it WILL happen

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Death sentence cut (Payback) is cut to 62 minutes
The Differences with the original is that Goodman is just a weapon dealer and is NOT the father of the gang leader
I let the character of Goodman alive in this cut, ( he get's shot in the original) because it was totally unnecessary to keep that in
I cut out a lot of melodrama so what we have now is a fast revenge cut of Death Sentence
Tomorrow and next week i work further with the Cloverfield edit
Music overdubs is from Anne Dudley, the soundtrack from the masterpiece American History X

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did work today on the beginning and end of The Cellar
Workprint is now on 80 minutes, i did some work on credits in combination with the car accident
It was a piece of cake to cut out that Alien bullshit at the end when the girl escapes. (yeah i let her escape i am a little sensitive on Christmas holidays)
But i am not finished of course, the cut must be around the 60 minutes
so there is a lot of work to do on dialogue and the character of Goodman

Yesterday i saw the final cut of Death Sentence and this is cut as an action full rollercoaster of 58 minutes ( i did some more trims)
My girlfriend was also watching and she said: Jesus, "all that violence and misery goes on and on in one hour" 
Yeah right, that is what Daddy wants to hear baby, that means my cut is succeeded
Well, next week i finish this DF after the Christmas holidays so by the end of December it's on the IFDB and the blog

Happy Holiday's and make something of it :)

TK251

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! I am very interested to see what you cut from clover field as it's 1hrs 44minutes can't wait!

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The 10 Cloverfield Lane cut is done.
It runs 61 minutes.
I do some little music overdub on this cut and then this DF is Friday on the blog
I think next week it will be on the IFDB so the first DF of 2017.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit released. Thread moved.

Top Bottom