• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Bourne Legacy - A Burnt Outcome

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Only saw the film for the first time 2 days ago, and started having ideas after watching the deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray. I loved them so much, and yelled at my TV that they weren't in the final film. I thought a straight extended cut would be boring, so I figured I'd try and tighten up the first 15 minutes, getting the plot out of Bourne Ultimatium and into this new film as fast as possible, while doing some other trims here and there.

CUTS AND ADDITIONS;

- cut Cross messing around with fire and wolves
- cut Byer's intro jogging in the rain, we now meet him in the midst of trying to clean up the Bourne mess
- trim Cross packing up his bag at the mountain peak
- cut Cross shooting his rifle randomly near the peak
- cut more of Cross shooting his rifle and taking a pill or two
- cut the bald headed scientist asking Marta about cortex somethings
- trim the Outcome Agent physical checkup
- cut the super-human snow-mountain jumping from Cross
- cut reference to Youtube, canonically this is set in 2004 (made in 2012) so it wouldn't even be a thing yet
- trim the discussion about burning the Outcome program to the ground
- cut more of Cross firing his rifle into the air at his campsite
- added deleted scene of Byer and the crisis team discussing the Outcome agents and their lives
- added deleted scene of Cross on his way to Marta's, and being stopped by a cop
- added deleted scene of Dr Hirsh trying to contact his daughter
- cut Cross and Marta in the airport food court
- cut the plane boarding with Cross and Marta
- trim the arrival in Manilla and the airport customs
- cut the not-Treadstone agent taking out the cop on the bike
- cut Cross doing that grind thing on the motorbike

Added - 6.26
Cut - 6.40
Difference - 0.14

Theatrical - 2.14.54
Burnt Outcome - 2.14.40

The result is a film that is the same length as the theatrical, while moving faster, especially in Act I where it was sorely needed.

Previewers welcome!

Here's some trims made to the final action chase

h3hH8CT.png

Looks great, I always hated that grind thing, it was unnecessary and looked silly.
I will preview this.

I bought this movie as part of the box set, but I've only ever seen the first three with Matt Damon. Is it worth watching?

I bought this movie as part of the box set, but I've only ever seen the first three with Matt Damon. Is it worth watching?
I’d say absolutely. It’s pretty good and Renner puts in a great performance. Stands on its own for the most part and is directed by Tony Gilroy, who wrote the first 3 but not the newest one.

After a good preview from Bailey, looks like this edit is just about done!

Will be in the IFDB next week!

Another mini-podcast introducing the edit!

Back
Top Bottom