• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Blur in Seeing Red (smallville) - Extended Edition Final Release Info!

bionicbob said:
I stopped watching at the 10 minute mark because I just don't get it? Dr. Strangelove and Smallville overlapping video? Credits very hard to read this way. New audio over top of original audio, very conflicting listening.

Sorry, not to be harsh, but I am not sure I understand the intent? Is it suppose to be a comedy? A spoof?

Yes! The first one was the Theatrical cut (to create a finely polished retail style piece), the second is The Extended Edition (Fan service), and the third is the fan edit of the fan edit Super Sharknado Edition, which completely throws out all the rules (jumping the Shark). Three Unique pieces of the same "Film".

Ken Poirier said:
Yes! The first one was the Theatrical cut (to create a finely polished retail style piece), the second is The Extended Edition (Fan service), and the third is the fan edit of the fan edit Super Sharknado Edition, which completely throws out all the rules (jumping the Shark). Three Unique pieces of the same "Film".

Why not call it the 'Jump the Shark Edition' then? Sharknado references something completely different, and you know it ;-)
sharknado-poster.jpg

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Clark take on a sharknado... :)

Kal-El said:
Why not call it the 'Jump the Shark Edition' then? Sharknado references something completely different, and you know it ;-)

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Clark take on a sharknado... :)

Oh, there is a sharknado! Don't worry about that!

bionicbob said:
New audio over top of original audio, very conflicting listening.

You might get your wish, I just got a basic understanding of adobe audition. It's not great, but it is better. Don't ever worry about being harsh. That why I post this stuff! All I ask is that you be precise in your harshness. :)

[MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION]

I did some tweeking with the sound in adobe audition and this seems to have helped some. You will have to tell me if this is more to your liking. This picks up pretty much where you stopped watching before.

To be honest, the music doesn't fit the scene AT ALL. And there's also something weird with the first shot of Clark crouching down. Is it sped up? The part where Jonathan and Martha find Clark and his ship should have some quiet, somber music, with a 'discovery' kind of vibe to it, nothing like the Superman main theme.

There are A LOT of better options, but at the top of my head, an Indiana Jones tune with not a lot of peaks in it could serve it well.
I found this to show what I mean:

It's not perfect, like I said, but at least it's a far better fit than the Superman theme (and it's still Williams).

I may not be the audience for this.... LOL! I mean, I am a HUGE Superman/Smallville fan but I am not big fan of parody mash-ups. So I don't think I grasp what you are going for....?

I have watched the Sharknado movies, along with a lot of other Asylum disasters, but I am not getting the same sort of vibe from the two posted clips.

Agree with [MENTION=7560]Kal-El[/MENTION], having the entire John Williams theme run through the whole scene does not work for me, though a cue upon first seeing young Kal would work.... though again that would be if you are going for a serious cut. But if you are going for something intentionally bad, you might want to consider something less connected to Superman lore?

Also, I completely do not understand what the "Robert Paulson" audio was about?

But again, I am probably not your intended audience....:)

Thanks for the input guys! I'm kind of taking a break from this right now to work on some other things. As far Seeing Red goes, right now I'm just focusing on getting the DVD finished for the extended edition. I'm having a friend partner up with me on the commentary track and when that's done, I'll burn the DVD and put it in the Database.

Update!

Went though the extended edition one more time and I'm rendering it up now. Going to hopeful do the commentary tracks this week, then on to the DVD layout! Woot!

Update!

All files are Rendered! Commentary Recorded! Putting together the DVD!

Quick Announcement: I am not going to be continuing to work on super sharknado edition. I did rough cuts of FOUR scenes which I'll include as extras on the extended edition DVD.

Extended Edition DVD INFO:

2 disc set

Movie Runtime: 147 Minutes

Audio Options: Stereo and Commantary

Extras:
All Seeing Red Trailers
Legacy of Sin Teasers
Super-Sharknado Scenes
Message From Christopher Reeves

So this will be it for the Blur until Legacy of Sin.

Ken Poirier said:
Quick Announcement: I am not going to be continuing to work on super sharknado edition. I did rough cuts of about six scenes which I'll include as extras on the extended edition DVD.

Aw, I admit I was morbidly curious to see just what you were talking about with this since you seemed so insistent before:

Ken Poirier said:
Oh, there is a sharknado! Don't worry about that!

addiesin said:
Aw, I admit I was morbidly curious to see just what you were talking about with this since you seemed so insistent before:

There actually is sharknado! It is the last scene I got around to editing before I stopped. It is a mix of Seeing Red, Sharknado, and Twister. :) It's called Going Green! I actually thought I lost these in my hard drive crash, but I just found them! :faint:

The four Sharknado Scenes are:

Grey Day (Meteor Shower sequence)
Brown Acid (party Scene)
Red Floyd (Clark pops a super boner with animation!)
Going Green (Clark fights the Sharknado)

The one thing I never got around to doing but really wish I had with sharknado was to have crying hobbits follow around Lana Lang. Que sera! I got things I got to work on besides this, so I guess you just have to settle for just the sharknado. :)

The DVDs are finished and tested. Getting ready to submit this to the database next week. Here is the Release info which can also be found at: http://kenpoirier.com/TheBlur/SeeingRed/

Extended Edition
poster2.jpg
In my latest release of Seeing Red, I went back and retrimmed an earlier cut of the movie that was more inclusive of the events in season one of Smallville. This edit is designed to give more fan service to the fans, including keeping the original color scheme from the show. There is more time on screen for Chole, Lex, and Lana. Additionally we learn more about Jor El and Clark’s relationship with Lex.

Also included is the experimental cut, known as the Super Sharknado Edition. This alternative version can be played from Disc 1 of the two disc DVD set.

Features:

Main Feature Runtime: 167 Minutes
Super Sharknado Runtime: 55 Minutes
Audio: Stereo and Commentary Track

Extras:

Footage for Seeing Red comes from the WB’s Smallville seasons 1, 2, and 3.

Additional Sources:

• Superman Theme by John Williams
  • The Joshua Light Show by Liquid Loops
  • Ed's Amazing Liquid Light Show
  • Star Field by Derek Mosher
  • Space Travel HD by PROXYSX

Super Sharknado Edition uses footage from:

Fight Club, The Meaning of Life, Dr. Strangelove, Twister, Sharknado, and The Wall

And includes adtional music from:

Daft Punk, Busta Rhymes, and Jefferson Airplane

Special Thanks to:

Dwight Fry, Bionicbob, Zarius, Neglify, and Kal-El for their input
And TV’s Frink for help with my spelling!

DVDart5.jpg

"[/video]

Wow, over 4 hours. Definitely an Extended Edition, since the regular cut is just under 2 hours.

Neglify said:
Wow, over 4 hours. Definitely an Extended Edition, since the regular cut is just under 2 hours.

The first disc is two alternative edits of the same material.

Ken Poirier said:
The first disc is two alternative edits of the same material.

Interesting. Would be good to clarify that in your description, as currently it's just "Main Feature Runtime: 247 Minutes" which seriously sounds like a 4-hour main feature.

Back
Top Bottom