• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Blur in Seeing Red (smallville) - Extended Edition Final Release Info!

When I tried unzipping the .zip file, it said it was corrupted. I tried it again and same issue.

I had the same issue, thought it was my computer as I had a hard drive crash earlier in the week

I always encounter issues with zip files.

RARs are much better imo.

My copy of winrar crapped the bed and I don't have the $$ for a new copy right now. I may have used 7zip to zip the file. It opens on my machine with the regular unzip for windows. But you can grab 7zip for free and try it. I guess I can put up an ISO, it will be a bit bigger. or I can break it up into smaller .7z files. What do you guys prefer? The one thing I can't do is RAR.

Can you break it into Part files using FFSI or HJSPLIT?
Both are free, but I don't know if allowed here.

I've been using a trial version of WinRar for ages. It tells me it's just a trial and I say OK and it still works.

Vultural said:
Can you break it into Part files using FFSI or HJSPLIT?
Both are free, but I don't know if allowed here.

What do you mean?

FFSI or hjsplit create split files (0001 - 0002 - 0003 ...), usually of 200 MB per file, or whatever the user determines.
Upload / download as you would a rar.
Winrar will usually extract and combine them. Other software, such as the Extractor, will not.
FFSI and hjsplit will so, however.
Both are freeware in case you cannot afford Winrar.
As Neglify noted, Winrar offers a trial version that works "forever" though you get a reminder to purchase every time you activate it.
Winrar seems the default, though split files remain popular in Asia.

I know all that, I was asking what you meant by "I don't know if allowed here."

The preceding posts mentioned zip files and rar files.
Never on the site have I noticed any reference to split or part files.
So I don't know if said files are simply not used or are not allowed.
The only reason I suggested them was after Ken Poirier wrote of his problems with his Winrar.

This site does not host files. Therefore, we have no rules about the types of files people can use.

Vultural said:
The preceding posts mentioned zip files and rar files.
Never on the site have I noticed any reference to split or part files.
So I don't know if said files are simply not used or are not allowed.
The only reason I suggested them was after Ken Poirier wrote of his problems with his Winrar.

I've never heard of any file rules over at .info but I sure you could contact the admin via email. I went with 7z because it is open source and available on just about any platform.

Just curious, did you complete/release your extended cut?

Hey guys!

Sorry for being awol. Sometimes life just comes at you out of left field. I had to do a bunch of marking promotional stuff for my video game. I've had no time to work on fan editing. :( I got halfway though the commentary on the extended and haven't got back to it yet. But should have some time soon.

No sharks yet! but there will be!

I was curious can I get a quick pole to see if people where able to download the new split files and get the thing going? There is still only one review up and I don't know if that is working now.

P.S. If someone could check my MASH 2 files, that would be swell! Thanks

You probably thought it would never happen, but here is a first look at Super Sharknado Edition:

Soooo, is it just me or was there no shark in sight?

I stopped watching at the 10 minute mark because I just don't get it? Dr. Strangelove and Smallville overlapping video? Credits very hard to read this way. New audio over top of original audio, very conflicting listening.

Sorry, not to be harsh, but I am not sure I understand the intent? Is it suppose to be a comedy? A spoof?

Back
Top Bottom