• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Big Bang Theory

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
On the off chance that you really didnt know what i meant, kiwf = ``Kill it with fire`` a very highly evolved way of destroying something that shouldnt exist.

An artists acurately depicted representation:
25yuswsw28295.gif

I honestly didn't know what you meant. Internet speak isn't my strong point. Although if Sheldon was a little more like Leonard that might not be a bad thing. He'd probably be less funny though so point taken. :lol:

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That looks like the most awesomest film ever since the history of anything! Did you see how realistic that fake looking bug looked as it flew, so realistic! unlike that 3gi stuff they keep feeding us.

I wonder if the actual movie is in the 1:1 aspect ratio or if its just the trailer, ive been wanting to watch something in 1:1

EDIT: lol at frantic!

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
That looks like the most awesomest film ever since the history of anything! Did you see how realistic that fake looking bug looked as it flew, so realistic! unlike that 3gi stuff they keep feeding us.

Yeah, it almost beats The Giant Claw, doesn't it?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Make it stop! Somebody please! Theres no way the world can survive with this much awesomeness!!!

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished the latest season of big bang theory. Good stuff. Each season keeps getting better, though I do admit the two new nerdy girls annoyed me a little at first. Their characters started to get fleshed out a bit better toward the end of this season.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
I just finished the latest season of big bang theory. Good stuff. Each season keeps getting better, though I do admit the two new nerdy girls annoyed me a little at first. Their characters started to get fleshed out a bit better toward the end of this season.

I thought that they didnt show up nearly enough. That and the one calling Penny ``Besty`` or whatever always seems awkward, though i guess thats the point.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The episode where Leonard gets pimped out to the rich gal fundraising had me rolling on the floor laughing.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I thought that they didnt show up nearly enough. That and the one calling Penny ``Besty`` or whatever always seems awkward, though i guess thats the point.

That would be Amy Farrah Fowler. I love how Sheldon can't just call her Amy, he has to call her by all three names. :lol:

And for the record I have this shirt:

BBT020_LG2.jpg

Except the one I have has it reversed for some reason. It says "Penny!" before "Knock, Knock, Knock". I didn't even notice it until I got home. I bought it at the mall though so I can't imagine it being a bootlegged shirt.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My profile picture on Facebook:

bazinga.jpg

I've had some nice comments about this shirt!

I didn't start watching this show until the latest season was already airing. So I watched every episode in the space of a few weeks. I've really noticed the deterioration. While I like Bernadette, Amy and Priya's characters, I really believe that collectively, they are what is wrong with the show lately. Especially Priya and her relationship with Leonard. Her and Leonard really need to break up and break up soon. Priya then needs to just go away. I think Howard would be better suited to a girlfriend of the week occasionally and then the show can have more adventures with just the original cast. I really like Amy and I'd like to see her and Sheldon remain friends, but I dont really enjoy any scenes where she is with the girls. I laugh at EVERY episode and think it's the best thing on TV since Seinfeld, but it isn't as good as it was in the first couple of seasons. IMO.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree about Priya. I didn't mind her at first but she is kind of dragging the show down. I prefer to see Leonard with Penny or in no relationship at all. I will admit though that I did enjoy having her go all lawyer on Sheldon's ass when it came to the roommate agreement. She can be okay in some episodes but she really doesn't bring anything to the show.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I used to like Amy a lot before she became a repressed lesbian with the hots for Penny. Apparently everyone, except for the "normal" characters (Penny, Priya, and to some extent Leonard) is confused or repressed sexually in the series now, which reveals quite a bit of conservative sexual politics (socially awkward = actually gay, which I find insulting to both socially awkward people and homosexuals). Most evident in the Bernadette-Howard relationship. I don't mind Bernadette on her own, but I hate the couple she and Howard make. When he moves to her place, him trying to get her to cook and do the laundry for him and basically turning her into his maid, it's treated as an adorably immature quirk instead of as the piece of blatant sexism it is, plus I can't believe that in 2011 we still get women earning more money than their boyfriends as a source of laughs. As for Priya, yes, dead weight all along. I could buy Penny falling in Leonard's arms because it got a reasonably credible development buildup, but Priya? When did Leonard turn into James Bond?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
Most evident in the Bernadette-Howard relationship. I don't mind Bernadette on her own, but I hate the couple she and Howard make. When he moves to her place, him trying to get her to cook and do the laundry for him and basically turning her into his maid, it's treated as an adorably immature quirk instead of as the piece of blatant sexism it is,

I think you're missing the point. He isn't trying to turn her into his maid, he's trying to turn her into his mother.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I think you're missing the point. He isn't trying to turn her into his maid, he's trying to turn her into his mother.
I got that, hence my "adorably immature quirk" comment.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wouldn't take it quite as far as you have Dwight but I see your point. I don't really see any of the sexual stuff as some kind of "gay statement." I think it is just attempts at comedy. Numerous episodes have clearly showed that Raj and Amy are both into the opposite sex. Both those characters are just experiencing a bit of a late sexual bloom as a result of a repressed childhood. The episode where Raj was fantasizing about Burnadette was hysterical.

I remember being a little annoyed too by how blunt Howard was with the sexist stuff. On the other hand that has always been his personality. Plus I have seen men who were spoiled by their mothers fall into that same kind of relationship where they try to find a mother replacement.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It strikes me that Chuck Lorre thinks he's hit upon the next 'Friends'.

TBBT started small and has gotten huge. However, it became quickly apparent to Lorre & Co that in order to manoeveur the show to a more mainstream audience, one must have more girls and thus, make it more like Friends.

The latter half of the last season wasn't as enjoyable. Too much Friya, not enough Sheldon. Too much Amy and Bernadette, not enough of the geeky stuff - which they have notably moved away from. Now, whilst it's an interesting dynamic to have more of the girls, they're not really complementing what made this show great. It's four geeky guys at varying geeky levels. Now we 4 geeky guys, one practically not geeky anymore, dating a hot non-funny, non-complementary smart girl. It worked better with Penny as she was the polar opposite of Friya and Leonard.

Sheldon almost seems like a second thought lately. It's almost like he has to be bolted into the episode to get the laughs. Now, they should have learned long ago - the best episodes involve Sheldon and Penny at the centre.

I may be alone in this, but I was rather hoping to see Penny's former idiot boyfriend (?) become more central. Instead we got Amy and Bernadette. They're cute, but it's diluting this show.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sheldon almost seems like a second thought lately. It's almost like he has to be bolted into the episode to get the laughs. Now, they should have learned long ago - the best episodes involve Sheldon and Penny at the centre.

The problem with the series is that the geeks have become too social (let's face it you can only be funny as a dork for so long) and penny has become too geeky... I don't know how long they will continue

love the show though

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a CBS sitcom, right? I declare it not funny. :p

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thats it! Your banned from this thread fink, you hear? BANNED FROM THIS THREAD! :p

Top Bottom