• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Big Bang Theory

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
01ay.jpg

from wikipedia: The Big Bang Theory is an American sitcom created and executive produced by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, which premiered on CBS on September 24, 2007.

It concerns two male Caltech prodigies in their twenties, one an experimental physicist (Leonard) and the other a theoretical physicist (Sheldon), who live across the hall from an attractive blonde waitress with show-biz aspirations (Penny).

Leonard and Sheldon's geekiness and intellect are contrasted with Penny's social skills and common sense for comedic effect. Two equally geeky friends of theirs, Howard and Rajesh, are also main characters. The show is produced by Warner Bros. Television and Chuck Lorre Productions.

I enjoy this show A LOT, always puts a smile on my face or even makes me laugh. It is light hearted, well written and executed and speaks directly to the nerd in me and all the nerds I've got to know in my life.
Probably the perfect show for a faneditor, not to fanedit it, but to find some of his strange behavior portrayed.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I started watching this show as per your suggestion, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! The best show I have seen in a long time. hehe, maybe because I can relate to these guys. I have so far only watched the first season, but I thought it was superb, and I am really looking forward to starting season 2.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
love that show!!!

and yeah

speaks directly to the nerd in me and all the nerds I've got to know in my life
talking about that:

while watching this episode where penny asks the comic book shop owner which comic book to buy for her nephew he tells her about this hellblazer comic book where this confidence man has cancer and fights the forces of heaven and hell i turned to my wife smiling and said "that comic book he is holding right now: shall i pull it from the shelve and show you the signature on the cover that says ´from garth to heinrich´?"

I then got that eye rolling again...

:)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been watching this show since episode 1 and absolutely love it. It's hilarious as hell and Sheldon never fails to make me laugh. It has potential to become one of the greatest sitcoms of our time.

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoy this show too. :smile:

I usually watch it just before I go to bed, which is perfect cause it's a nice & gentle comedy. Sheldon cracks me up, the one where that Penny girl gives him his birthday present I pissed myself laughing at that.

Philfrog

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a little wary. Any show predominant with nerds in it seems like it would be filled to the brim with virgin jokes, and I refuse to watch anything where virginity is a central source of comic relief. I like Barenaked Ladies though, who did the theme song.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Philfrog said:
I'm a little wary. Any show predominant with nerds in it seems like it would be filled to the brim with virgin jokes, and I refuse to watch anything where virginity is a central source of comic relief. I like Barenaked Ladies though, who did the theme song.

this is not the case at all. This is a really smart show. and well done. Not a typical nerd show at all.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching season 4, and I must say this is yet another show that has gone down the drain. The characters and the situations have lost or are in the process of losing what made them unique to become stock sitcom clichés, and the whole thing now plays like a slightly quirky imitation of Friends in which everyone will at some point improbably have the hots or fall for everyone else, plus revolving around endless tired and tiresome confused sexuality jokes.

I used to be a huge fan, but now I'm not sure I even want a fifth season.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really? I still find it very enjoyable. Its the only sitcom I watch. Well, this and Modern Family.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see what you mean Dwight, good and correct points made.

I still love to watch it regardless though.

EDIT: Remember how Sheldon drank beer in the first episode? what happened to that Sheldon? Yeah i know the characers need a bit of time to fall into place, still.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Definitely still extremely enjoyable. Makes me laugh every time. I've even gotten my sister and her boyfriend into the show, my dad will occasionally watch it as well. My sister says that I remind her of Sheldon but I feel I'm more of a cross between Sheldon and Leonard.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
EDIT: Remember how Sheldon drank beer in the first episode? what happened to that Sheldon? Yeah i know the characers need a bit of time to fall into place, still.
Yep, I want him back too! I would like to think the fifth season will improve things, but I'm afraid they'll decide to keep making the show more mainstream (=generic). :-(

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
My sister says that I remind her of Sheldon but I feel I'm more of a cross between Sheldon and Leonard.

KIWF!!!

Just kidding :D

Im pretty much rojesh or however its spelled, so intimidated by the female variety. Or it could simply be im awestruck by the female form perhaps.

Dwight Fry said:
Yep, I want him back too! I would like to think the fifth season will improve things, but I'm afraid they'll decide to keep making the show more mainstream (=generic). :-(

Fairly certain history will prove you right. Though i can live with BAZINGA! sheldon just as much as beer swiggin' sheldon. Why cant we have a hybrid? Maybe by way of some bizarre transporter accident we could get both?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like Bazinga Sheldon, but in the fourth season he wasn't even that. What did he get, two Bazingas in the whole season? Three? While out of the foursome he's arguably the one who has lost his essence the least, he's still getting watered down. Unless we think of Amy as a sort of surrogate Sheldon in which to test further character changes that would anger the die-hards if applied directly to him.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On the off chance that you really didnt know what i meant, kiwf = ``Kill it with fire`` a very highly evolved way of destroying something that shouldnt exist.

An artists acurately depicted representation:
25yuswsw28295.gif

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
KIWF + Sheldon... Makes me think of this, particularly at 1:12:

Top Bottom