• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Best Movies Of 2009

Finally got to see Julie & Julia (2009) and not being a fan of Meryl Streep, I was knocked out by her brilliant performance. The problem is the other concurrent story with Amy Adams, which is weak because Adams plays such a self centered unsympathetic egoist. Still worth it for Streep.

sadly, I got to watch few movies this year. life was really busy, so I cant comment fully on what I thought was the best from 2009, but movies I did see and enjoyed were:

- Coraline: Though I think some things could have been handled a bit better, it was still a cool little film

- Where The Wild Things Are: NOT what some people were expecting. A great look at life through the eyes of a small child.

- Wendy & Lucy: Though I guess this is technically a 2008 film, it was small and pretty limited and had more release in 2009. This movie was so brilliant and so depressing that I never want to see it again!!!! The filmmaker did an amazing job of portraying the emotion in this film.

There are loads of titles I want to see yet, which I think (and hope) would make my list. Sorry Harry Potter, I love ya, but no way you are making the list this time around...

Ghostcut said:
Actually, Paranormal Activity is technically from 2007.

Meh, depends which version you mean. :lol:

I watched Inglorious Basterds again & liked it much better the 2nd time. I think the way it was advertised was kinda misleading. I was expecting it to be centred around the Basterds & to be action packed like Kill Bill or sumthing.

So I supposed I watched it in the wrong frame of mind.

I really like the way how QT slowly turns the screw in every chapter, but I'm not sure I'd watch it again anytime soon. I mean I get why he pased it the way he did but it's a tad too slow for me to be honest.

Suprisingly my dad loved it :lol: . Before whenever I'd say I'm watching a QT film he'd recole, but he really loved it.

ThrowgnCpr said:
- Where The Wild Things Are: NOT what some people were expecting. A great look at life through the eyes of a small child.

I hear ya. This was nothing like I was expecting. My friend says 'So, it's a kids film then'? I says, 'No, it's a film with a kid in it'. Still trying to work out if it was deceptively clever or I did get it.

Sherlock Holmes was good enough fun, not sure if it's in my 'list' though.

Sunarep said:
4) Drag me to hell: Sam Raimi returns! enough said

I had no interest in seeing this movie and when I finally did see it it was just as good as I had expected it to be. Which is to say I thought it sucked. I really hated the ending too.

white43 said:
Sherlock Holmes was good enough fun, not sure if it's in my 'list' though.

I liked it well enough, but I won't be buying it, and I don't plan on ever seeing it again unless they make a sequel and I want a refresher.

Back
Top Bottom