• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Batman Year Two Miniseries

Should I include the Deleted Scene between The Penguin and Selina?

• Yes, I want more Colin Farrell in there!

• No, doesn't add much to the story...

Results are only viewable after voting.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE BATMAN YEAR TWO MINISERIES

This fanedit aims to split up The Batman (2022) movie into a four episode miniseries. Despite its flaws, I liked the movie quite a lot, so I will be cutting out only minor stuff. Some scenes will be rearranged but the main focus will be making the 3 hour epic more digestible and providing a Graphic Novel type experience with four Volumes.

CHANGES:

- Format changes to a Miniseries with 4 Episodes:
Vol.1: Vengeance​
Vol.2: The Rat​
Vol.3: Sins of the Father​
Vol.4: Into the Light​
- Batman Intro will now be the first scene.
- Studio Logos will be moved from Beginning to after we see the Batman beat up the thugs at the subway station as the Vol.1 Intro and reused in each episode as part of the episode intros.
- The murder of the Mayor will be moved to right after the Batman Intro.
- There will be no prior observation of the Mayor and his family by the Riddler anymore, which makes his sudden appearance behind the Mayor more surprising/menacing.
- New Music when Batman enters the Crime Scene of the Mayor Murder.
- The Abduction of the DA by The Riddler will be trimmed slightly with the goal of omitting specific shots to enhance the suspense of the scene
- New Music when Bruce visits his child's room at Wayne Manor
- Selena saying Good Bye to Batman will not be the last scene anymore and moved to Beginning of Vol.4.
Falcone is dead and there's nothing left for her in Gotham.​
There is a scene later on, where she is stopped by a policeman and prevented from leaving the city because of the flood, which fits nicely with this change.​
- The daytime in the Selena Goodbye Scene will be changed from Dawn to Dusk to make it fit better into the timeline.
- An aerial shot of Gotham City will be moved to the Beginning of Vol.2 to serve as an Episode opener (Daytime will be changed to Night).
- Selina and Batman are obviously attracted to each other but they don't have to throw themselves at each other in their first adventure together.
The flirting is still there but there will be no kissing in this one:​
Batman/Selina kiss on the rooftops will be replaced by Vol.3 Intro.​
The Bad Guys are more impatient in the final scene. Instead of that long intimate moment between Selina and Batman after she saves him in the final act and tells him that everything is going to be fine before kissing a half conscious Batman, they just exchange looks for a brief moment before one of the thugs drags her away and the action continues.​
- The Hospital Scene with Alfred will be moved to the End of Vol.4 and will close out the miniseries.
I chose this scene as the ending for multiple reasons:​
Solves the problem of the immediate Retcon after Falcone tells Bruce what his father has done. Now Bruce has to go on fighting all the way through to the end with the knowledge that his father was not the white knight he thought him to be.​
It's not very dramatic to have Alfred be hospitalized after the bombing of Wayne manor just to have him wake up a couple of scenes later. Now he is out for longer.​
Even though Vengeance has become Batman at the end, there are still issues to work out for Bruce, which become apparent in his talk with Alfred. The two of them remembering his parents, talking about loss and (re)bonding provides a bitter sweet end.​
That whole exchange at the hospital between the two is mostly absent of music. Therefore I will remix some of Michael Giacchino's great score to accompany the scene and make the ending hit you in the feels.​
- To plug some plot holes without having to change too much of the narrative, I will add three little Easter Eggs, one in each of the first three episodes. Props to those, who spot them. ^^

CUTS:

- Riddler observing the Mayor's Family from afar
- Batman kneeling down to look at the Penguin after the Car Crash
- Batman/Selina Kiss on the rooftops
- Batman and Selina looking at Bat Signal during Good Bye
- Batman/Selina Kiss after she saves him in the Final Act

ADDITIONS:

- Vol.1-4 Intros with Title Cards and Custom Music (remixed from OST)
- Vol.1-4 Credits with Custom Music (remixed from OST)
- Deleted Joker Scene
- 3 Easter Eggs
- Emotional Music during final scene (-> Hospital Scene with Alfred)

COVER:

full

TECHNICAL STUFF:

- Episode Runtimes & File Sizes:
Vol.1: "Vengeance" - 44:32 min (5.66 GB)​
Vol.2: "The Rat" - 49:50 min (6.37 GB)​
Vol.3: "Sins of the Father" - 42:32 min (5.38 GB)​
Vol.4: "Into the Light" - 46:12 min (5.85 GB)​
- Video Specs: 4K (3840x1600)
- Bit Rate: ~17-18 Mb/s
- Codec: HEVC/H.265
Instead of my usual x264 to keep the file sizes as low as possible without compromising the video quality.​
- Audio: 5.1 Surround Sound
- File Format: MP4

v2.0 REVISIONS

- Added DonKamillo Box Office Entertainment Intro to all episodes
- Cut the shot of Batman flying by an office window after jumping off the GCPD building (Vol.2).
Now we stay with him during the whole flight sequence.​
- Cut the shot where a ramp for the Batmobile conveniently falls into place at the right time during the Penguin car chase sequence (Vol.2).
- Restructured the Vol.3 intro
- Reduced music volume in the final scene of Vol.4

>CLICK HERE FOR EASTER EGG REVEAL<

Last edited:

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to this a lot! Sad to see the romance between Bruce and Selina since I thought it was dealt with in a really organic manner (despite it not being flawless).

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't worry, there's still some romance going on but now it's more a will-they-won't-they situation, which IMO fits better to their first encounter.

Added the Technical Specs.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks guys, I had to stitch together a couple of different musical pieces from the OST to get the timing right and add some ambient sounds to smooth out the transition.

Just finished changing an aerial shot of Gotham from day (Dusk) to night for the opening shot of Vol.2:

Is it too dark? What do you think?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can you add some glow to the lights? That might solve the overly dark picture issue.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Outro for Vol.1:

In my Hobbit Miniseries, I just had a "To Be Continued" Card at the end of each episode. With this one I'm aiming to give you more of a TV Show feeling. I shortened the runtime for the Credits though, so you don't have to sit through 10 minutes of credits in every episode (except for the last one).

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks guys, I had to stitch together a couple of different musical pieces from the OST to get the timing right and add some ambient sounds to smooth out the transition.

Just finished changing an aerial shot of Gotham from day (Dusk) to night for the opening shot of Vol.2:

Is it too dark? What do you think?
Just stumbled upon your edit and i have to say it‘s the most intriguing compared to others i‘ve read. Let alone you‘ll do it in 4k, by the way to which size you opt per episode?

Digimodifaction gave already a good advice to lighten up the image slightly. I like the contrast very much, try to preserve that. Maybe raise the highlights a bit.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just stumbled upon your edit and i have to say it‘s the most intriguing compared to others i‘ve read. Let alone you‘ll do it in 4k, by the way to which size you opt per episode?

Aiming at a file size between 5 and 7 GB per episode with x265 encoding (x264 would've been around double the size). Bit Rate will be ~17-18 Mb/s.

Info added to original post.

Last edited:

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry to bother you again but do you have any plans on using the Selina/Oz deleted scene?
Don't need to apologize :)

I was thinking about including the scene but decided against it because IMO it doesn't really add anything of substance to the narrative.

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't need to apologize :)

I was thinking about including the scene but decided against it because IMO it doesn't really add anything of substance to the narrative.
I think this scene adds substance to Oz‘s character and what his ambitions are. Additionally i love to see more of Collin Farrell as Oz he did came a little short in the movie in my opinion.

Top Bottom