- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
Thanks for the detailed feedback, I really appreciate it 🙏Like the previous commenter, I came to this late but hope you don't mind me leaving you some feedback on your edit.
Firstly, thank you for sharing and well done. It is a great improvement on the original, which was already very good.
The story is much more digestible in this 4 part structure and I like the choice of small edits and rearrangement's. you have made which make for a better viewing experience.
However, there were still a few small scenes which bothered me personally and I wanted to get your take on them, possibly for a V1.1 down the line, if you would consider it possibly.
1. The unnecessarily long delay of the Batmobile before it comes through the flames during the car chase scene.
2. The very quick shot of Batman, from inside an office building looking out the window, of him whizzing past during the rooftop leap. Looked so odd.
3. The amount of times Batman is shot in this movie is quite unbelievable and if some shots of him being shot point blank could be removed, I think it would keep it these scenes more grounded and realistic, as the rest of the film is.
4. Maybe have Bruce and Selina ride off at the end of episode 3 and then start episode 4 with the Riddler reveal. This would save this duplicated shot of him at the end of 3 and then again at the start of 4 which I found jarring.
I hope you don't mind my suggestions and hope you will consider them as I think they would improve an already fantastic edit of yours even more.
1. Maybe something could be done here but I'm not sure if it's better to reduce the delay of the Batmobile coming through the flames. I'm more leaning towards just cutting out the quick shot of the ramp conveniently falling into place. That way the audience doesn't know if he made it and the delay is actually kind of suspenseful.
2. I'd have to check this scene out again and if that shot is really that odd, removing it is not a problem.
3. Also something I'd have to check out again as I don't remember it bothering me that much.
4. I won't be changing the structure or placement of the scenes as I'm quite happy with how it turned out. This Miniseries was not meant to be binged in one go. The ideal way to watch it IMO would be one per day.
Repeating the ending shot of one episode somewhere in the beginning of the next one is very common in TV shows nowadays. The same goes for not immediately continuing the last scene of an episode at the beginning of the next but having an opening scene (sometimes a flashback or something else) before continuing were we left off. I don't find these things jarring at all.