• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Assassination of Julius Caesar

kerr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tn_813_julius-caesar-front-1357967786.jpg

Trailer:

Fanedit Name: The Assassination of Julius Caesar
Faneditor Name: kerr
Original Movie Title: Rome (TV Show)
Genre: Drama; Historical
Fanedit Type: TV-To-Movie

Original Release Date: 2005
Original Running Time: 1100 minutes
Fanedit Release Date: January 2013
Fanedit Running Time: 115 minutes

Brief Synopsis:
This is a massive reworking of the series, partly inspired by William Shakespeare's play "Julius Caesar". The edit focuses on the events leading up to and following Caesar's assassination, recasting Brutus as the main character.

Intention:
First and foremost, this was an experiment in editing - to edit an entire TV series' worth of footage in order to tell a self-contained, different and cinematic story. I didn't want to simply condense the story of the series into two hours, I wanted to tell the best possible two-hour story with the footage that was available. Great care was given to the dramaturgical structue of the piece - I did my best to create a story that fit into a classical three-act structure.

Other Sources:
- Jack Wall's title theme for the computer game "Myst III: Exile"
- Gabriel Yared's rejected soundtrack for "Troy"

Release Information:
NTSC DVD-5

Special Features:
- Trailer
- Deleted scenes

Artwork
julius_caesar_3Dview.jpg

How do you say "F**K YEAH!!!" in Latin? :p

Love the artwork too. Inspired by the Lincoln poster, right?

sounds aweshum. i think i'll have a roman geekgasm between your cut and brumous's.

Loved all of your previous edits, and looking forward to loving this too.

Kerr, I really enjoyed your Lord Of The Rings book fanedits. Your love and knowledge of storytelling gives me great hopes for your very different edit of Rome. :)

BTW have you seen Brumous's edit of season 1? It's quality.

Thanks guys - I hope you enjoy the edit! :)

Love the artwork too. Inspired by the Lincoln poster, right?

It's not, actually, so the startling similarity is a pretty funny coincidence, especially concidering the similiar stories (I assume - I haven't seen Lincoln yet, but I guess it will include the assassination in some way).

BTW have you seen Brumous's edit of season 1? It's quality.

I haven't watched it yet, but I'll probably check it out at some point. I don't think I'll be in the mood for anything Rome-related for quite some time, though - at this point, I feel like I know the entire series by heart.

Only a few more download and I can watch this gem with my wife tonight!

Loved all your edits so far and loved this series, looking forward to watching this.

Back
Top Bottom