• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The ARROWVERSE (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends,etc)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't tuned into Flash since halfway through S4, and boy howdy does it look different. Looks like I've really missed a lot. Is it worthwhile going back in?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't tuned into Flash since halfway through S4, and boy howdy does it look different. Looks like I've really missed a lot. Is it worthwhile going back in?
I still enjoy it. But everyone's mileage may vary.

Much like reading a long running comic book series, some runs are awesome, some are disappointing, some are just bad and then it gets good again.

When new showrunner Eric Wallace took over, he did away with the one season long Big Bad, went with 2-3 arcs, or graphic novels as he calls them, per season. This was certainly a step in the right direction for me.

But at its heart, it is still a TEAM Flash story.... an ensemble show.... so not all the subplots or soap elements are always as well balanced as they could be or are going to appeal to everyone.

Myself, I love these characters, through the good and bad, I am with them to the Finishing Line. :)

lev

Reaction score
Trophy Points
With this being the last season of Flash, does this mean the Arrowverse is coming to an end entirely? Flash was the last Arrowverse show, no?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With this being the last season of Flash, does this mean the Arrowverse is coming to an end entirely? Flash was the last Arrowverse show, no?
The fate of SUPERMAN & LOIS is still unknown. Will it be cancelled at the end of its Third Season? Will be it renewed? Or moved to another Network or Streamer?

DirtyCop1036

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fate of SUPERMAN & LOIS is still unknown. Will it be cancelled at the end of its Third Season? Will be it renewed? Or moved to another Network or Streamer?
If it should end, I hope that at least, they'll give a satisfying conclusion to Tyler Hoechlin and his little family. With that cancellation threat, the showrunners should not make the mistake of writing a finale with an open door for a fourth season, in a desperate attempt to hook the executives.

Superman IV wasn't meant to be a final chapter, Lois & Clark ended on a cliffhanger, Superman Lives never got to see the light of the day, Superman Returns grossed so low it killed the DonnerVerse for good, and Man of Steel 2. . . well I'm still butthurt over this one. Time to break the cycle.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If it should end, I hope that at least, they'll give a satisfying conclusion to Tyler Hoechlin and his little family. With that cancellation threat, the showrunners should not make the mistake of writing a finale with an open door for a fourth season, in a desperate attempt to hook the executives.

I agree!!! Just tell a good story with a solid ending. If it gets renewed afterwards, that is gravy. If not, the audience is at least left satisfied.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It has been confirmed!
Stephen Amell will return in episode 9 of The Flash’s final season!!!

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been saying it since The Flash premiered, but sine Barry Allen's first appearance in the Arrowverse was an episode of Arrow called "The Scientist," I fully expect this song to pop up somewhere in the show's final season:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

He's back baby!!!

But how????

Do I want to see Oliver resurrected as in a manner similar to Kevin Smith's excellent QUIVER arc?
Or perhaps a return appearance as The Spectre?

Hopefully, they will use it as an opportunity to wrap up the Mia storyline from her backdoor pilot (Green Arrow & The Canaries) and her appearance in ARMAGEDDON last season and give the Queen Clan a happy ending. Though would Katherine McNamara be even available for an appearance since she now has her own show Independence?

Last edited:

drvrjon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hell Yeah Cmt GIF by Redneck Island

cant wait for season 9 to kick off so we get to that episode. i think it is going to be time travel

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

The Flash returned this week for it's final season.
Surprisingly, it was a fairly low key opener, with Barry and Iris trapped in a Time Loop. I assume they are saving the budget for the later episodes. Though Barry does get to save Central City from a nuclear explosion.
The storyline basically dealt with Barry finally (hopefully) coming to terms with his fear of loss.
So as a Barry/Iris character development piece it was a needed story.

But we did get some super-villainy with the debut of a brand new Captain Boomerang, who appears to be working for THE RED DEATH, plus the mystery of Caitlen/Frost is teased.

So not the biggest or most spectacular season opener, but still a fun comfort watch. :)

drvrjon

Reaction score
Trophy Points

The Flash returned this week for it's final season.
Surprisingly, it was a fairly low key opener, with Barry and Iris trapped in a Time Loop. I assume they are saving the budget for the later episodes. Though Barry does get to save Central City from a nuclear explosion.
The storyline basically dealt with Barry finally (hopefully) coming to terms with his fear of loss.
So as a Barry/Iris character development piece it was a needed story.

But we did get some super-villainy with the debut of a brand new Captain Boomerang, who appears to be working for THE RED DEATH, plus the mystery of Caitlen/Frost is teased.

So not the biggest or most spectacular season opener, but still a fun comfort watch. :)
for it being low key i really enjoyed the episode. i am dieing to know what Caitlen/Frost's new name is. the Red Death looks like a batman/flash mashup from the symbol it showed at the end

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
... the Red Death looks like a batman/flash mashup from the symbol it showed at the end
Indeed. Red Death I believe is from DC METAL event....
The Arrowverse version is being played by BATWOMAN's Javica Leslie. Maybe this storyline will make our heroes aware that the Multiverse still exists?

Red Death did get a name drop back in season five...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New Superman & Lois trailer, with our first real good look at the new Jonathon Kent...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Episode two, very frustrating. An original, beloved member of Team Flash dies and other than Joe and Cecile, no one really grieves. For show that loves long sad scene beats I was shocked there was none in this episode. Maybe in the deleted scenes? But it makes Team Flash look very cold.

Then you have the classic superhero trope Resurrection Debate, that never plays out well no matter what path you take.

On the plus side, another new Rogue - The Fiddler. The Red Death story advances. And showrunner Eric Wallace is in the directors chair this time and does some fancey cinematic moves with the camera.

Oh! And we get to see Gusten pull out some of his old Glee dance moves lol

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After a couple of mediocre to average episodes (ep 3 was an okay Rogues team up heist episode), episode four's "MASK OF THE RED DEATH"
was a nice return to form with some solid comic book moments.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a wrap!

The Flash completed filming season nine last week.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Thus far, this final season of THE FLASH has been.... shall we politely say... not the best.
I still love these characters, but there have been some truly odd story decisions made and bizarre pacing issues.
Hopefully, the final 4 part arc will put a satisfying nice bow on the series.

Meanwhile, SUPERMAN AND LOIS has been hitting a Homerun with every single episode so far this Third Season! 👍 :love: :love: :love:

Top Bottom