• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Amazing Spider-Man: PART 2

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This movie was a tough one and will be the shorter of the 2 parts. One reason is we don't need to set up our hero in this one, and the other is for how much was really cut from the movie.
The pendulum had swung too far the other way with these movies. Where the first one took it too seriously, this one went cartoonish in moments. My goal is to create a more consistent tone between these movies as it it now being done as one longer movie in 2 parts. So I needed to lighten up the first one a bit and tighten this up to match it better.

Most of the movie will need to be re-scored due to all the EDM being use as if Electro's powers were creating music somehow? So please understand the amount of audio work that I will need to do even though I feel I have a good grasp on what to physically cut.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Starting Part 2 with a recap of the end of Part 1

- Cut the whole Roosevelt subplot.

- Re-cut the opening with Gwen's graduation speech with Spider-Man fighting the Rhino instead of the cartoonish opening it had with the car chase. Peter is no longer letting people die so he has time to crack jokes...

- Cut all of Max Dillon’s introduction from opening

- Rearranged graduation scenes to follow new continuity from Part 1.

- Cut Max’s phone call during montage of Spider-Man phone calls

- Cut Spider-Man talking to store clerk with a cold

- Cut store clerk imitating web-shooters

- Added deleted scene with Peter and Gwen are thinking about each other

- Cut the whole “we don’t have a chimney” scene

- Establish Max as he is walking into Oscorp

- Cut all the clownish dialog. It’s simply Max in trouble for being late and his boss not believing that he created the electrical grid.

- Shortened Max and Gwen on the elevator

- Removed the TV wall that was used in Part 1 from the Norman Osborn death montage

- Cut all references to everyone going home and Max has to stay by himself at Oscorp

- Cut references to Max saying it’s his birthday

- Trimmed the fixing of the bad wire connection and him falling into the eel tank

- Trimmed the scene in the eel tank.

- Trimmed Peter and Harry conversation. No references to Peter having a girl.

- added a trimmed version of the extended Morgue scene

- Made several cuts, rearrangements and trims to Spider-Man and Electro’s first meet. The goal here is to make him less pathetic but still misunderstood and things get out of had just a bit too fast to be contained

- Cut Peter thinking about Gwen because I used the longer scene earlier in the movie

- Cut Harry seeing a file on the super suit. He is working on the project in the deleted scene.

- Cut Peter watching YouTube to figure out how a battery works

- Used deleted scene where Peter sees the battle suit and Harry tells Peter that he is dying in person rather than a phone call. There are a couple of spots where the CG skyline is missing, but like the deleted scenes in Part1, they may be just a little off but the story works better with them.

- Cut the kiss in the broom closet

- Made several cuts to Dr Kafka and Electro

- Cut references to other plot lines between Peter and Gwen when she is at the Oxford interview

- Used deleted scene of Gwen getting accepted. Color corrected Peter on the rooftop to look like early evening

- Color corrected Harry and Felicia to also look later in the day because….

- Added Gwen talking to Aunt May and this is supposed to be the following day

- Cut Harry crying to Electro so much

- Added deleted scene for Peter running home and Aunt May tells him about Gwen

- Added Ext Harry transformation

- Cut Spidey saying “I Hate This Song”.

- Used the Deleted Alt ending. 1. This bookends the series as a whole. Part 1 opens with Peter and his dad and Pat 2 closes with them. 2. Garfield BRINGS IT! 3. We finally get the “With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility” line.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd say you should insert the Max's Mother deleted scene. It personally makes Max more sympathetic.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I respectfully disagree. It makes him more pathetic. He is not going to come across this way at all in this cut
YASSS!!! One of my biggest problems with this movie is campy Max, we're in full "Richard Pryor in Superman III" mode here. I want to take this guy seriously. Particularly after how the portrayal was wonderfully fixed in No Way Home.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While Part 1 is waiting for release (waiting on feedback from one other)... I was working on the opening of Part 2 and I wanted to share this with you. I cut off the Part 1 recap though. It's still in the edit, just not this sample:

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love the skill in how you put this together, I didn't even realize it was the final scenes you used until half-way through it

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love the skill in how you put this together, I didn't even realize it was the final scenes you used until half-way through it
Thanks! It was a lot of work, but I feel it was worth it in the end. I had to redo about 75-80% of all the audio here.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While Part 1 is waiting for release (waiting on feedback from one other)... I was working on the opening of Part 2 and I wanted to share this with you. I cut off the Part 1 recap though. It's still in the edit, just not this sample:
Wow, very creative, love it!

yoshif8tures

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow I love this…. But I’m not sure about the music, it feels very Christmas to me and I’m not sure it fits to be honest

Problem Eliminator

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the song works well! Much better than the original track from the movie, which to me sounded like a news broadcast jingle. Something about the opening was throwing me off though. The yippees and woo-hoos sounded very strange? I went back and watched the original clip and I see those are in the original movie, too... I think maybe the sound mix just needs some work. I think it would help to add some wind rushing noises in to fill out the soundscape, and turn the song's volume up a lot. This is still setting the mood and we haven't really "entered" any kind of scene with dialogue yet, so the song can dominate the sound at this point IMO. Maybe duck the track right before he says "What you got for me today New York"?

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Absolutely love where you are going with this. I agree with some of the above feedback. I really like the music choice. Christmas did not enter my mind. I felt more in touch with Garfield as Spidey because of the beats that song hits with me... I have to hand it to you...you've made this Spiderman far more likeable than he was.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the song works well! Much better than the original track from the movie, which to me sounded like a news broadcast jingle. Something about the opening was throwing me off though. The yippees and woo-hoos sounded very strange? I went back and watched the original clip and I see those are in the original movie, too... I think maybe the sound mix just needs some work. I think it would help to add some wind rushing noises in to fill out the soundscape, and turn the song's volume up a lot. This is still setting the mood and we haven't really "entered" any kind of scene with dialogue yet, so the song can dominate the sound at this point IMO. Maybe duck the track right before he says "What you got for me today New York"?
Before I adjust this, I want to make sure I understand you correctly, so please know that I am just trying to get clarification only here. I post these clips for this kind of feedback.

There is a somber moment before this scene, so I do not know if that will make a difference or not but if you PM me I can send you the full first 10 minutes of the edit.

BUT... If I understand you correctly you are not saying to cut the woohoo's and yippee's but just raise the music volume until we get the the first full spoken sentence and then bring it down to where I have it.

I did have wind in the mix, but it seems like I may need to raise the volume there as well? My thinking on the current level was I wanted the more significant whooshes and freefalls to stand out more for those moments.

This was a very big scene to edit because for all but the scene when Gwen gets introduced and brought up on stage, I rebuilt ALL of the sound you are hearing from the ground up. I ripped the dialog as a separate audio file and then layered everything back in myself with my own sound fx. So any adjusting that is needed is a pretty simple fix. I just need some direction if something is needed.

Thank you guys for the feedback and trust me when I say I will do all I can to make this the best possible edit for everyone as I can produce.

Problem Eliminator

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That’s right, you’ve got it - try making the music louder! It feels a bit off balance currently. The woohoos are too front-and-centre IMO, the sound mix could be built up a bit and made “fuller.” Of course, you know best what you’re trying to accomplish, and I’m sure you will get it! The rest of the clip is marvelous so far, and using the Rhino scene at the start is inspired. A lot of work clearly went into this.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That’s right, you’ve got it - try making the music louder! It feels a bit off balance currently. The woohoos are too front-and-centre IMO, the sound mix could be built up a bit and made “fuller.” Of course, you know best what you’re trying to accomplish, and I’m sure you will get it! The rest of the clip is marvelous so far, and using the Rhino scene at the start is inspired. A lot of work clearly went into this.
Thank you for the help! I'll play around with it and see if I can mix it a little differently and turn up some of the wind a bit more.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I played with it a bit and I am uploading the full first 5 min of the movie as a clip. After turning up the music some I can new tell better what you mean about the whoohoos!

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We all know that Max Dillon (Electro) is going to need some work to take him more seriously. So I will be posting some scenes of his next to help you all sleep easy LOL.

Here is his introduction into the movie now:

Top Bottom