• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Amazing Spider-Man: PART 1

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I really wanted to do an edit of this seeing how after No Way Home, Andrew Garfield was getting a lot of love. So I re-watched the movies to see what was it that made these movies seem not as loved back when they were fresh? I felt that Garfield was really quite good in several moments, but the movie as a whole felt too dark for Spider-Man and had several out of character moments in the film. It suffers from wanting to be a Christopher Nolen Batman movie. The whole breakup makeup breakup makeup with Gwen in these movies doesn't help either.

I'm a HUGE Spider-Man fan for many many years, and I had an idea that I'm really excited to be working on for all of you! I have three and a half long boxes of comics, I have watched the cartoons and live action appearances of the character over the years. I know Spider-Man...

There have been a few good edits that have done some different things with these movies. There have been edits that took both movies and made it into one. There are great edits for people who wanted the whole parental backstory completed. But I want to go for something different here. I'm taking both movies and treating them as one long movie told in two parts.

I'm cutting out of character moments and rescoring others to give the movie a different feel in those moments. I'm only using deleted and alt material that I felt added something to the movie. No adding for the sake of adding.

I have the physical cuts completed but there is a LOT of audio work to do here so it's a few months away from being complete. I'm working hard to make this the best edit I have ever done here. I will post clips as I get them done if I feel it will help to show what I'm going for with a lot of this.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is the cut list:
- Cut the couple kissing at Peters Locker and not moving while he is trying to get in.
- Changed Peters computer screen from Intern Enrollment Now Closed, to just Intern Enrollment. So now Peter actually signs up and is supposed to be a part of the group.
- Cut Peter stealing badge.
- Used the Norman Osborn TV wall from Amazing 2.
- Cut the part of Peter and Gwen's conversation where she asks why he's there because he is now an intern. It's just she says hi becuase he was walking off and her asking him not to get her in trouble and stay with the group
- Trimmed the subway scene where Peter is apologizing while beating people up.
- Cut the skateboard montage
- Using the Alt Uncle Ben death scene
- Added the Uncle Ben dialog as voiceover about responsibility as Peter is covering up Aunt May 46:25
- Cut the revenge subplot
- Cut Peter punching the mugger in the face and now just grabs the wrist holding the gun and tosses the guy.
- Cut the weird go pro camera shot
- Cut kids talking about the "science" of swinging
- Used extended POV intro to the Spider-Man reveal thanks to Masirimso17!
- Trimmed the car thief scene to make Peter seem like less of a jerk
- Cut the scene where Peter comes home and tells Aunt May to go to sleep as she is worried about Peter because he is all beat up. I love the emotional weight of the scene, but it's just out of character for both of them
- Added doorman deleted scene
- Cut the "I really like kissing you" moment because I ........
- Cut Peter tossing the football and bending the goal post and cutting away from the kissing moment wasn't working.
- Added the tracking Dr Connors deleted scene, but trimmed to hide the lack of CGI as best as it would let me. Placed it after Peter sees Freddy eating Wilma.
- Now cut to Peter asking Capt Stacey to look into Connors
- Added deleted scene of Peter and Gwen at the clock tower after sneaking out of her bedroom
- Added most of the deleted Connors in the sewer speech. Tried to crop out the wire hand but a finger creeps in for one shot, but you can't tell what it is. He could be holding something.
- Added an edited version of deleted scene where Rajit figures out where Connors is
- Added a trimmed version of the Alt scene when Peter discovers Connors plan
- Cut Go Pro shot
- Like Last time I cut Peter coming home all beat up in front of Aunt May for the same reasons as before.
- Cut Peter being at the funeral
- Added Peter and Aunt May deleted scene
- Cut everything after Gwen walks away in the rain

Last edited:

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No scene of Curt with his son?
Nope, this is Peters story and I wanted to keep the focus on him. We never see his son again in the movie, and I personally felt that while it was a neat scene it just didn't add much to the story or to Connors character.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm impressed that you managed to add the doorman scene, sine I always thought that scene existed on youtube only. What source did you use?

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's an upgraded copy off YouTube. As you mentioned, there is no other way to get it. Use AI software to do the best that can be done... Yeah there is still a quality drop, but in my opinion it's worth it because it makes the next scene with Gwen work just a little better.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This better be good. You're making me buy TASM 2 on Blu-ray (I like TASM 1, but 2... ugh), so please make the result worth it! :LOL:

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This better be good. You're making me buy TASM 2 on Blu-ray (I like TASM 1, but 2... ugh), so please make the result worth it! :LOL:
I will do my best hahaha! I have a plan that I hope you will be very satisfied with 😆

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is another small update for you. As promised in the cut list, Peter is now just an intern and here is the new scene:

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think you should just cut from Peter looking up at the Oscorp building to the TVs with Norman.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think you should just cut from Peter looking up at the Oscorp building to the TVs with Norman.
That would absolutely work, but Peter being an awkward teenager is part of his character so that was my thinking in leaving an edited part of the middle scene in there.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That would absolutely work, but Peter being an awkward teenager is part of his character so that was my thinking in leaving an edited part of the middle scene in there.
Ok, just felt the sudden cut to "badge on the left" to Peter felt a bit sudden/choppy. Maybe replace the Rodrigo name on the badge with Peter's name? Though that may be beyond most people's capabilities...

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, just felt the sudden cut to "badge on the left" to Peter felt a bit sudden/choppy. Maybe replace the Rodrigo name on the badge with Peter's name? Though that may be beyond most people's capabilities...
I actually looked into the name change myself. The issue more than anything is the texture print on the badge that makes it extremely difficult to attempt. So this was the compromise. The cut is a little quick, but in my opinion wasn't bad and didn't take me out of the moment.

Unlike the computer monitor where the background of the text was a flat color so getting rid of the text wasn't as hard, just time consuming because I had to take a screen shot of about 180 frames. Then each frame that had the text, airbrush each individually and then bring each frame back in to the software and recreate a video file in order to get the scene to work as well as I was able to in the clip.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the spirit of what you were talking about I thought I would try a slight alt cut of the scene. What version works best?

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess I better get caught up on this. This may actually cause me to like this incarnation is Spider Man.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the spirit of what you were talking about I thought I would try a slight alt cut of the scene. What version works best?
Works a bit better, though maybe keep the shot of Peter going to the table from the original.

From 0:34 to 0:38 in this video for the exact shot:

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can see the badges right in front of her at her desk, so I never understood the whole looking at another table?

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I originally wanted to cut the subway scene after leaving Oscorp, but then I had to deal with a broken skateboard for no reason LOL. So I kept just what I needed from the subway... Why Peter was in a fight and why the skateboard is broken.

Top Bottom