• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Amazing Spider-Man: PART 1

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like this is a very important sample here! It's just over 4 min long because this give a good idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.... Balance the dark and then create a lighter feel in other parts. Lot of rescoring done here. 90% of the music for this whole segment is added by myself with dialog and sound FX layered back in.

Peter starts out a little angry and then has a moment of realization of what he should be doing. Once he has that realization I can lighten the mood even more.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sold! I like where you are going with this. Make me like Andrew Garfield as Spidey...

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm working on the car thief scene. I might scrap it? IDK yet? I feel like I may have changed the mood enough, but I'm not sure because I can't always see things objectively. So I sent a not quite finished version to a couple of people I trust on here to get their opinion and will update you once I know what I'm doing with this scene.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm really liking this! The clips that you have shared with me clearly display that you are coming at this edit from a slightly different direction. Once again, you have broken away from the pack and done your own thing...and it works!

Last edited:

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK... I figured out what I wanted to do with the car thief scene. The movie proper has an odd jump cut in it and I was trying to figure out how to get rid of it but I couldn't find anything to cut away to as an in between shot. So the solution was to end the proper shot early and with some rearrangements with another shot I can make the scene work differently.

I also trimmed the scene up to the point where I cut away and added some music to decontextualize the scene in a more playful manor that is more in line with Spidey and his character.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the spirit of what you were talking about I thought I would try a slight alt cut of the scene. What version works best?
This one works way better IMO. I dislike the (now) gratuituous Spanish, but I see no way around it.

I originally wanted to cut the subway scene after leaving Oscorp, but then I had to deal with a broken skateboard for no reason LOL. So I kept just what I needed from the subway... Why Peter was in a fight and why the skateboard is broken.
Quite the improvement! The scene plays so much better without Peter going up to the ceiling. I noticed a jump in the music at 01:11, though. Can it be made smoother?

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This one works way better IMO. I dislike the (now) gratuituous Spanish, but I see no way around it.
I agree. This is the version I am going with. The simple hand grab really makes it flow better.
Quite the improvement! The scene plays so much better without Peter going up to the ceiling. I noticed a jump in the music at 01:11, though. Can it be made smoother?
I didn't catch that! I'm sure I can fix it though.

WhatTheActualMark

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK... I figured out what I wanted to do with the car thief scene. The movie proper has an odd jump cut in it and I was trying to figure out how to get rid of it but I couldn't find anything to cut away to as an in between shot. So the solution was to end the proper shot early and with some rearrangements with another shot I can make the scene work differently.

I also trimmed the scene up to the point where I cut away and added some music to decontextualize the scene in a more playful manor that is more in line with Spidey and his character.

Not sure if you want to change it, but there is an alternate line when Peter tackles the car thief. Instead of "CROTCH", he says "Look out". It even has a few dialogue changes/placements. That is if you are interested in it. :)

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure if you want to change it, but there is an alternate line when Peter tackles the car thief. Instead of "CROTCH", he says "Look out". It even has a few dialogue changes/placements. That is if you are interested in it. :)
I will absolutely use the look out instead of crotch! I was never a huge fan of that because again, I want to keep this more playful. I like the other shots but the quality change mid scene is too jarring.

WhatTheActualMark

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will absolutely use the look out instead of crotch! I was never a huge fan of that because again, I want to keep this more playful. I like the other shots but the quality change mid scene is too jarring.
I'm ashamed to say that I was the one that combined the scenes together. It was 2012 and I was young. It's just someone took the edit I made and reuploaded it somewhere. I was surprised that the other shots weren't in the movie.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm ashamed to say that I was the one that combined the scenes together. It was 2012 and I was young. It's just someone took the edit I made and reuploaded it somewhere. I was surprised that the other shots weren't in the movie.
The other shots are awesome. But I think it was because they wanted this to be a darker Nolan style of movie.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, I worked really hard today to get this one ready to show off. I know that everyone who has popped on here is really wondering how the doorman scene is going to look added back in. There are a few dots in the bottom left corner, but I couldn't bring myself to blow up the already barely passing footage anymore. So here it is... The doorman scene restored back into the movie!

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, I worked really hard today to get this one ready to show off. I know that everyone who has popped on here is really wondering how the doorman scene is going to look added back in. There are a few dots in the bottom left corner, but I couldn't bring myself to blow up the already barely passing footage anymore. So here it is... The doorman scene restored back into the movie!
A bit washed out (which might be solved with slight brightness/contrast adjustments) but looks decent enough.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The doorman scene looks like it runs at a slower frame-rate than the rest of the footage, but I'd rather have it than not.

The most recent internship scene is good, though I question why not start the scene with Peter already on the escalator. In your edit, enrollment for the internship is still open, so you can go from the computer to Peter on the escalator & save some seconds.

Good editing with Peter on the bus, thought I wonder if something else can be done. I know there's a scene between Conners & Raja about running human trials, that Norman Osborne's out of time, & the same might be true for both of them. I wonder if that can be intercut with Peter leaving Oscorp & riding the train, showing the potential consequences cross species genetics might have on one's temperament. Admittedly, I just bring it up as a "faster, more intense" editing choice, but food for thought.

Admirable effort with the car jacker scene, but the most recent version has a lot of off sounding audio (the foley of the alternative lines is very different from the original) as well as Peter talking over himself (his laughter comes too soon after his "oh, so simple), but the music does a good job at lightening up the tone, at least.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The doorman scene looks like it runs at a slower frame-rate than the rest of the footage, but I'd rather have it than not.
I noticed that too, but I couldn't do anything about that with the limited resources for that scene. I made an attempt to try and use a converter as well, but what you see is the best I could get it to move at. I agree though that I would still rather have the scene.
The most recent internship scene is good, though I question why not start the scene with Peter already on the escalator. In your edit, enrollment for the internship is still open, so you can go from the computer to Peter on the escalator & save some seconds.
I like the awkward conversation that Peter has there. It's been a part of his character from the beginning in Amazing Fantasy 15. There isn't a ton of awkwardness for him in the movie so I wanted to keep that little bit more.

Good editing with Peter on the bus, thought I wonder if something else can be done. I know there's a scene between Conners & Raja about running human trials, that Norman Osborne's out of time, & the same might be true for both of them. I wonder if that can be intercut with Peter leaving Oscorp & riding the train, showing the potential consequences cross species genetics might have on one's temperament. Admittedly, I just bring it up as a "faster, more intense" editing choice, but food for thought.
That scene would be too early in the movie for this moment due to me using the deleted scene with Peter and Connors. So it works better to be after Ben dies. Plus I would have to cut the whole clearing out your desk by morning part and that is used to set up the first Lizard scene.

Not a bad idea you have though if I wasn't using that deleted scene and going for a faster paced edit!
Admirable effort with the car jacker scene, but the most recent version has a lot of off sounding audio (the foley of the alternative lines is very different from the original) as well as Peter talking over himself (his laughter comes too soon after his "oh, so simple), but the music does a good job at lightening up the tone, at least.
I didn't catch that until after the upload :ROFLMAO:... It's fixed now. I only have the laughing and I looped it so I could cover the whole moment better. There is no more "oh it's so simple". I felt it was just a little cocky. You will see the difference on the released version. Or is the laughing to cocky? Now you got me thinking LOL.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm seeing a very fast light at the end of this tunnel.... I just kept working and working and the next thing I knew I was an hour and a half into the movie! So that leaves about 30 more minutes to go!

Then I review the movie, then ask someone else to review the movie and once that is done I release part 1 and start working on part 2!

Top Bottom