• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Sparkles Edition by samspider3

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello again. So this will be a sequel to The Organic Eggs Edition, my first Fan Edit submitted here in Fanedit.org.

So I made this Fan Edit because I actually felt that TASM2 had some good moments, but unfortunately the story is kind of slow in some scenes, had some silly moments and were needed some deleted scenes.

In my last Fan Edit, The Organic Eggs Edition, I tried to make it a little bit longer, adding some deleted scenes that helped to build a better character development and fill some plot holes while modifying some parts of the movie in order to give it another direction. In this case, i did the opposed action. I Cut 17 minutes so the story could advance a little bit faster and restored 5 minutes of deleted scenes. One of them is not necessarily important, but helped to make a better transition in my Fan Edit.

These are some of the changes:

-No Intro in the plane that leads to nothing. It could have been better if this was in the last movie, but anyways. Instead, the film begins with the car chase.

-I cut some Romantic parts a little bit in order to make them advance the plot. The last movie had some corny moments, but at least it felt cute. In this ocassion, I felt they were kind of dull. Also, Peter and Gwen will feel some things for each other, but keeping some distance.

-I cut everything about that ridiculous sub plot of the planes about to crash. Come on, you know it's stupid.

-I added some interesting and a little bit important deleted scenes. One of these scenes has been edited in order to give it the direction I wanted. Two of the scenes have CGI incompleted, but i actually felt that they were interesting.

-Harry knows everything about Peter being Spider-Man and the Special Projects room with the help of one of the deleted scenes and some cuts I did.

-I added flashbacks of Gwen, Uncle Ben and Dr. Connors in order to make some continuity with my last Fan Edit, which I recommend you to watch first.

-I changed the "Theme song" in the Credits with "The Edge" by Tonight Alive, so this song will sound first and then It's on again.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit Film Name
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Sparkles Edition
Original Film Name
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Fanedit Running Time
Link to Fanedit In-the-Works ThreadBrief Synopsis
So this will be a sequel to The Organic Eggs Edition, my first Fan Edit submitted here in Fanedit.org.

So I made this Fan Edit because I actually felt that TASM2 had some good moments, but unfortunately the story is kind of slow in some scenes, had some silly moments and were needed some deleted scenes.

In my last Fan Edit, The Organic Eggs Edition, I tried to make it a little bit longer, adding some deleted scenes that helped to build a better character development and fill some plot holes while modifying some parts of the movie in order to give it another direction. In this case, i did the opposed action. I Cut 17 minutes so the story could advance a little bit faster and restored 5 minutes of deleted scenes. One of them is not necessarily important, but helped to make a better transition in my Fan Edit.

Change List
These are some of the changes:

-No Intro in the plane that leads to nothing. It could have been better if this was in the last movie, but anyways. Instead, the film begins with the car chase.

-I cut some Romantic parts a little bit in order to make them advance the plot. The last movie had some corny moments, but at least it felt cute. In this ocassion, I felt they were kind of dull. Also, Peter and Gwen will feel some things for each other, but keeping some distance.

-I cut everything about that ridiculous sub plot of the planes about to crash. Come on, you know it's stupid.

-I added some interesting and a little bit important deleted scenes. One of these scenes has been edited in order to give it the direction I wanted. Two of the scenes have CGI incompleted, but i actually felt that they were interesting.

-Harry knows everything about Peter being Spider-Man and the Special Projects room with the help of one of the deleted scenes and some cuts I did.

-I added flashbacks of Gwen, Uncle Ben and Dr. Connors in order to make some continuity with my last Fan Edit, which I recommend you to watch first.

-I changed the "Theme song" in the Credits with "The Edge" by Tonight Alive, so this song will sound first and then It's on again. This changed was due to the fact I felt The Edge is more fitting as a Theme song of Spider-Man than It's On again.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i am looking forward to this! i hate the amazing spider-man 2! but it,s slightly better then the first!

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually liked TASM2, but i think it could have been better. It's overstuffed, ergo, it has the same issues as Spider-Man 3. Except that Spider-Man 3 kind of had better character development. But anyways, I think the movie could be more fast paced with this changes.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
samspider3 said:
Spider-Man 3 kind of had better character development.

I completely disagree mate. Spider-Man 3 had terrible character development, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 had WAY better character development (actually better, well, everything), but we all probably know how I have differing opinions on the Spider-Man movies in this site (especially about Spider-Man 2 (absolutely hated it) and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (absolutely loved it)). Oh wait, you didn't know that? Well then check my ideas thread for details.

Anyway, I love The Amazing Spider-Man 2 so much that it's my second favorite superhero movie (yes, I said it, I think The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is as good as The Dark Knight, but please don't bash me for my opinion). However, no movie is perfect. Even The Dark Knight has flaws. So I'm curious as to what exactly you cut. Which deleted scene did you exclude? I hope you excluded "Peter Meets His Father". That scene, while touching, is terrible! :oops:

Platitude

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would be super interested in seeing this. The main feeling I came away from TASM 2 with was that "there was a good movie buried in there some where." It had many of the same problems as Spider-Man 3, except the acting was generally much better (Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are both just wonderful). It was just begging for some serious editing. I don't know how it got released as the mess that it was.

I haven't really seen much of the deleted scenes, how obvious is the unfinished CGI?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys, since people dislike my posts I make, I apologize for giving my honest opinion like a mature person. In the future I will lie about it because I should be afraid that people will bash me.

sarcasm

In other words, I am not being a dick about differing opinions, after all that's what makes opinions fun; the difference. When people dislike my opinion post after being mature and explaining why I disagree, it becomes unfair: I don’t deserve this. Should I lie about my opinion so that you guys can be happy? No.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Hey guys, since people dislike my posts I make, I apologize for giving my honest opinion like a mature person. In the future I will lie about it because I should be afraid that people will bash me.

Nobody's bashing you. You openly stated you know people disagree with your opinion and that you've said it elsewhere. This is someone's fanedit thread, not the thread for the official Spider Man films.

giphy.gif

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:

Masirimso17, this is just a forum.
Just because you get the dislike nod occasionally for the stray post, does not mean they are disliking you.
Brush it off.
Never forget that most crouch behind avatars and monikers.
Reach out.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, I'm just so sick of people bashing my opinion on the internet (not this site, Fanedit.org is a kind and beautiful site) that sometimes I get a bit harsh. I apologize for my reaction, and this time no sarcasm, I'm serious ;-).

Derek Derek

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wish you cut some of the music (The "For You" song), some of the dumb lines, and the Electro Theme but this sounds cool.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
I'm just so sick of people bashing my opinion on the internet

Well, there's your problem right there!:-D

But in all seriousness, I know how you feel, but getting a couple of dislikes is nothing compared to getting into an actual discussion with someone who has no respect for you and has no problems with actually insulting you, and I speak from experience on that. If someone just downgrades your post, it's probably nothing too serious.

Anyway, could you replace "Gone, Gone, Gone" (the "For You Song") with Snow Patriol's "Somehwere A Clock Is Ticking"? The film seems to really like clocks as a motif (the film opens with Richard Parker checking his watch, the countdown before the planes crash into each other, the climax tacking place at a clocktower, etc.), so I think this song would fit neatly into the film.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
He cut out the Richard Partner plane scene and the planes nearly crashing.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know that, but the clock motif is still in the movie, I just mentioned that as an example of where the motif appeared.

kane1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved your work on the first movie :)

For the sequel, have you considered cutting the Rhino scenes? (I mean the scenes when you actually see character in the Rhino suit) Might be interesting to see the movie end on a more sombre note.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I absolutely agree!
kane1138 said:
I loved your work on the first movie :)

For the sequel, have you considered cutting the Rhino scenes? (I mean the scenes when you actually see character in the Rhino suit) Might be interesting to see the movie end on a more sombre note.

Top Bottom