• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spark of Life

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I've settled on a name

Utwnpnu.png

But I have no idea about how to make a good looking title card to replace the one from the end credits in a convincing fashion.

OlWWGzH.png

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you looked into toning down the vibrance of the end battle which turned the contrast and vibrance to 11.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you looked into toning down the vibrance of the end battle which turned the contrast and vibrance to 11.
I never had an issue personally with the colour grading in this film, I haven't touched the colours anywhere besides the reinstated deleted material.

Here's a final draft of the new ending, including the title.

- Cut all of the Rhino and the last action scene
- New score
- Brightened the Spider-Logo just a tad
- Added fanedit title
- Changed end titles from blue to red (just for fun)

WhatTheActualMark

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never had an issue personally with the colour grading in this film, I haven't touched the colours anywhere besides the reinstated deleted material.

Here's a final draft of the new ending, including the title.

- Cut all of the Rhino and the last action scene
- New score
- Brightened the Spider-Logo just a tad
- Added fanedit title
- Changed end titles from blue to red (just for fun)

That looks seamless. Can't wait to see the final product.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The clip looks great! Obviously, the tracking on the new logo's little off.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The clip looks great! Obviously, the tracking on the new logo's little off.
I've fiddled with it a little more to get it just right, and it looks a little better.

That looks seamless. Can't wait to see the final product.
I'm replacing the proxy file I was using for editing with the full encode, so it should be all done for tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Here's the final cutlist

- Reverted opening logos back to their original soundtrack, as opposed to the film's soundtrack which leads into the opening scene
- Film now opens with Norman/Harry Osbourne, but the scene has been cut to remove the scotch story and something about forgiveness
- Cut 7-minute long opening scene with the Parkers on the run and the whole plane thing
- Replaced all shots of the truck ramming the barricades and police cars. Originally it was 5 shots in 2.14 seconds, now it's simply just new 2 shots borrowed from the Blu-Ray documentary
- Cut Paul Giamatti shouting his characters name and laughing maniacly. This is now replaced with an alternate take of him grumbling
- Cut Go-Pro footage of the truck running over the cop car
- Added 2 extended shots of the truck to cover the Go-Pro shot
- Cut someone yelling "SPIDER-MAN!" and Spidey's subsequent responce
- Cut Spidey's prolonged banter as he sits on top of the truck, poking his head in while Paul Giamatti shoots him
- Moved up Spidey's "woah okay" from the cut footage to the new end of the shot
- Cut Spidey steering the truck as it rams into traffit, damaging property
- Added 2 extended shots of Max seeing the car flying towards him and Spidey's rescue of him
- Cut Spidey's "It's written on your badge" as an explaination for him knowing Max's name
- Replaced dialogue with Max saying "nobody knows my name" as Spidey grabs his badge
- Replaced 3 shots of the truck driving down the alley with the cop cars in pursuit with 1 extended shot
- Replace 60s Spidey ringtone with simple vibration
- Cut Peter lying to Gwen about the sirens and him seeing Cpt. Stacy
- Cut Spidey jumping back onto the truck saying "hello"
- Cut the truck's wiper fluid spraying onto Spidey
- Cut Go-Pro footage of the truck slamming into a bus, it was mostly covering the lens, making the shot entirely darkness
- Added 2 alternate angles of the truck crashing to replace Go-Pro footage
- Cut Spidey whistling the 60s theme
- Cut Paul Giamatti yelling that "this isn't over Spider"
- Added Spidey saying that Paul Giamatti has "cute underwear" while Giamatti remarks he is funny
- Cut Peter Parker saying "and my folks" when Aunt May mentions she wishes Uncle Ben could've attended Peter's graduation
- remove the first "I've gotta find my aunt" from Peter (him repeating things twice is a wierd trait)
- Cut Gwen's "I break up with you" x2, we get it enough in her other lines, we don't need it spelt out to us
- cut a bit of the Spidey-Sniffles
- RCut scene of Aunt May trying to enter Peter's room while he removes his costume
- Cut scene of Peter arguing with Aunt May when trying to wash his costume
- Max's apartment and his wierd shrine to Spider-Man, we get enough that he likes Spider-Man in the elevator and the VO during the later montage.
- Cut Max daydreaming of yelling at Alistair Smythe for joking about being Spider-Man
- Max's fake party thing in the elevator
- Max's tooth gap filling in during the Electro transformation
- Cut any mention of Peter's parents while he and Harry Osborn are skipping rocks
- cut "you don't have to explain any of it to me" during the rock skipping
- Peter "Just one Spider-Man, or woman we don't really know...for sure" bad delivery of a bad joke
- cutting a bit of the flirty dialogue stuff between Gwen and Pete
- trimming down the whole stalker dialogue so its made less creepy
- Spidey calling Electro "sparkles" and some dialogue from him talking about anger or something
- recut Electro being hit with the truck using some extended shots
- Electro "it's my birthday, so i'm gonna light my candles"
- added an extended shot as Spidey flips over the cop car
- added 2 extended shots as Spidey webs the cop car in front of the staircase
- Cut scene of Peter assembling the wall of clues and leads regarding the disappearance of his parents
- cut the Youtube scientist and simply have Peter experiment with the batteries
- replace 60s Spidey ringtone with simple vibration when he wakes up in the garage
- Added deleted scene of Felicia Hardy greeting Peter at Oscorp, followed by Gwen entering soon after
- Harry "Does whatever a spider can", bad delivery and spelling it out too much
- Cut Electro commenting on all the Oscorp tech at Ravencroft
- Cut Electro "you do realise this prison runs on electricity...etc."
- Cut Dr Deutsch Sterotype "who are you?" and the response "I'm Electro"
- Cut scene of Aunt May discovering Peter's investigative wall in his bedroom and that whole thing
- cut Harry's "everyone wants my money"
- Cut Peter mentioning his parents when venting to Gwen that everything is falling apart
- added Gwen getting accepted to Oxford and Peter sitting on a rooftop peacefully thinking about Gwen instead of...
- Cut scene of Peter throwing a temper tantrum in his room and throwing his father's calculator against the wall
- Color corrected scene of Harry being fired from Oscorp to make it appear earlier in the day
- Removed scene of Peter entering the subway to investigate his father's secret lab
- Added deleted scene of Gwen visiting Peter's house to inform him that she has been accepted into Oxford
- Cut all shots of Peter watching the recorded message his father left behind
- Edited all shots of Harry breaking into Ravencroft into one cohesive montage
- Re-edited all audio present the scene of Harry breaking Electro out of Ravencroft, allowing it to flow as its own standalone scene
- Cut Dr Deutsch Sterotype from Harry's Ravencroft visit and the dialogue refering to Electro by name
- Cut everything at Ravencroft after Electro kills everyone in the room as he floats around
- Cut Peter leaving the subway while listening to a voicemail Gwen left him saying that she's leaving for Oxford
- Cut Electro: "Remember me?" to Menken, I suppose somehow he saw him while at Ravencroft, unlikely though
- Cut Harry: "Am I right? (right as rain)" "Grant me a wish" "That's not the answer we were looking for" "Welcome back to the bonus round, fairy godmother"
- Added extended Goblin birth scene, but replacing low-FPS shots with unused shots from other sources to maintain the same scene length
- Added deleted scene of SWAT team members guarding the elevator exit with Menken, but not the Pumpkin Bomb exploding
- Added deleted scene of Peter returning home only to be informed by Aunt May that Gwen stopped by earlier to say she was leaving for Oxford
- Added shots of Gwen in a cab on the bridge from an earlier scene where Peter is listening to Gwen's voicemail
- Cut Gwen telling her cab driver to stop the cab, as well as the cab driver responding with "Lady, I ain't even moving!"
- Cut everything refering to the plane crash that is about to happen over NYC
- Added deleted scene of Felicia talking to the Green Goblin in the now destroyed Oscorp building, this audio in this scene has been completely redone
- Cut everything with Aunt May in the hospital during the climax
- Trimmed Harry's realisation that Spider-Man and Peter Parker are the same person
- Replaced 2 half second shots of the Goblin lunging at Spidey with one new single second shot (from BTS Doco)
- Added 2 extended shots to replace one shot of the Goblin's stunt double being clearly visable
- Cut Harry and the man in black at Ravencroft discussing the Sinister Six and Rhino
- Removed the final battle with Rhino, he only appears in the news report on TV discussing rising crime rate
- Rescored last scene of Peter looking at the Spidey mask with a new track that leads into the end credits
- Added "Spark of Life" title card to the Spider-Logo at the beginning of the end credits
- Changed end credits sequence from blue to red (I think it looks cool)
- added faneditor credit during end-credits

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Already, this is so much more tightly paced and edited like a genuine action sequence rather than a clusterfuck of quick shots.

VexPopuli

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I registered just to post this one reply and though I know it's been a while since a post was made on this thread, I hope you read this. I think you took a real crap movie and turned it into a very aggressively ok/good movie - hey, some things just can't be fixed no matter how hard you try, lol. I love your vision for this movie and I appreciate all your hard work so that a life-long Spider-man fan like me can have another story in their library to enjoy.

Unfortunately, I've done too many things in too many places for far too long and my hearing isn't what it used to be. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to enjoy your work as much as I'd have liked due to not being able to hear all the dialogue, especially in places where the audio quality isn't the greatest. Would you happen to have any subtitles to download? I'm not completely tech illiterate, I use Kodi and would be willing to download any auto-caption generators if you or anyone know of any? If you don't, then I understand and am very grateful already - thank you. Sincerely.

Top Bottom