• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Alien Appendixes by Meedermow

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Meedermow
What is it about? Alien Appendix contains several DVDs including rare and special featurettes about Alien. No1 is a Preservation of the 2001 documentary "Alien Evolution"

original film name: Alien Quadrilogy
new film name : Alien Appendix

edit crew name : Meedermow

Date Edit Was Released :2006/2007

RELEASE DETAILS
=============

Type: DV Transfer
Source: PAL broadcast
Transfer: Jonno
Authoring: meedermow
Creator Catalog: AA01
Release Group: Alien Appendix Team

Title...............: AA02 - Alien Redux - "The Virtual Workprint" - Version 1.0 - July 2006
Type................: DVD Movie
Video Format........: DVD/VOB/MPEG2/720×363/16:9/NTSC
Audio Format........: Dolby Digital 2.0 (224 Kbps)
Size................: 7.59GB
DVD-Rom.............: This NFO, Cover (by Ash595)

RELEASE DETAILS
===============

Type................: Unknown Edit
Source..............: NTSC Non-anamorphic edit, converted to anamorphic by meedermow using ADigitalMan's guide
Transfer............: Jonno
Authoring...........: meedermow
Creator Catalog.....: AA02
Release Group.......: Alien Appendix Team

A fan-edit of the film ALIEN which interpolates all exisiting deleted scenes and a variety of unseen footage and unused score cues to create a version that runs considerably longer than both the 1979 theatrical release and the 2003 director's cut.

Running Time: 2 hours 19 minutes and 21 seconds

This is the second release in the continuing "Alien Appendix" series: a collection dedicated to the archiving of supplementary material inspired by the Alien film quartet at the highest possible level of quality.

There will be 2 versions out there - a dual-layer version which is anamorphically enhanced and a single-layer version which is non-anamorphic.

xeno_alpha_07

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I now have all 3 of these, being a major Alien Trilogy fan (yes i said trilogy!) i couldnt wait! loved watching these. It was fantasic to watch Gigers Alien once again after all these years and it was also great to watch the full version of the Alien Evolution documentary. I defo must have for any Alien fans. :D :D

leejedi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is one for all alien fans-help please as anyone got the cover and disc for The Alien Appendixes no.1. seems to have been deleted from site
big thanks

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Preservations have been moved to a new site.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No problem - now your job is to convert the PAL discs to NTSC ;)

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was first fanedit I've ever watched so when I've heard that there was updated version released in 2020, I was interested to see it, unfortunately I can't recommend it - footage was converted from 23,976 to 24 fps which apparently resulted in visible, annoying ghosting all the way through (mostly visible in HD footage).

Also, video editing isn't too good, as there are flash frames at cut points here and there.
I talked about those issues to the editor, but his response was: "Feel free to make your own version".

Well, who knows, maybe I will one day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom