• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The 50,000 Movie Challenge

CJ121997

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here we go again... Another one-paged bulletin this week (3rd time this year).

52390 Fear Street Part 3: 1666
53268 Distancing Socially
53273 Zeros And Ones
53274 Dual
53275 The Spore

All of these are R-rated, no G, PG or PG-13 either.

CJ121997

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This week, the quantity is low.

52874 Joe Bell
53120 My Name Is Pauli Murray
53143 Zone 414
53242 After We Fell
53276 Son Of Monarchs
53279 Never Back Down 4
53282 John And The Hole

The year is halfway done, and the situation is getting better. Yet the number of rated films is lower compared to previous year. The mean number of weekly rated films is going back to freaking eight.

CJ121997

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And unfortunately, since you can't search through their site by year alone, and "unrated" is not one of the selectable ratings, you're going to either have to know exactly which titles to search for or you're going to have to stumble on to them by luck. That is, short of contacting the MPA themselves to inquire about those numbers. And even if you know what you're looking for or you stumble on to them that still doesn't guarantee that a number will be listed either. For example: If you search for the movie Kids or the movie Happiness both will show up as being unrated but neither of them include a certificate number. Other films don't even show up at all, even if they surrendered their rating, like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 for example. Also, apparently the movie Gutterballs surrendered their rating but that film isn't listed on their site either.
I spend late nights for almost a year trying to find those 1400+ missing numbers in the modern times, but most of them are unobtainable because the logo are not in the credits, unlike films from major distributors which it always appears. I'm going to try contact them to ask about those missing ones, either through contact form or even email. If it works, it's obtainable.

CJ121997

Reaction score
Trophy Points
New titles for this week.

52836 Flag Day
53016 Ron's Gone Wrong
53198 A Boy Called Christmas
53250 My Little Pony: A New Generation
53256 Bring Your Own Brigade
53284 Nightmare Alley
53285 Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle Of The Realms
53288 Naked Singularity

Last week, the highest was 53,282. This week, 53,288. Will the rating board ever make it to the 53,500 mark before the year ends? 🤔🤔

I'm so bored lately during the lockdown, so I'm going to inquire about those missing numbers as early as next month, but I'm afraid.

CJ121997

Reaction score
Trophy Points
New titles for this week.

53211 tick, tick...BOOM!
53252 My Heroes Were Cowboys
53305 Sabina – Tortured For Christ, The Nazi Years
53309 Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings (well, an MCU film)
53314 Small Engine Repair
53315 The Ravine
53324 Swing
53325 Yakuza Princess

It's just a tough week with a small update, nothing else to say. Hopefully things will be better next week.

CJ121997

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a shame Filmrating won't include UR, NR Movies to the site or any movie assigned a #. Any movie that was assigned a # should be listed on that site regardless of rating. I've seen UR movie listed on Filmrating who ever maintains the site won't take the time to add them. It would help a lot.
Have you tried contact them? If so, was that a response if ever received? The webmaster thinks that they don't have enough resources, like time and manpower, to make that site a real comprehensive database for film numbers. The NRs should be added, even the ones whose ratings are to be determined. We're in the digital age, so that site should suppose to be a reliable source. Let's think of adding about 22,000 NRs, it would take months to complete.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been quite a while since anybody posted in here. :LOL:

First off, I just found another number in a Not Rated film. Number 50745 belongs to the Bruce Willis film "Once Upon A Time In Venice". That now leaves us with only 21 numbers still missing between the numbers 50,000 and 50,999.

Secondly, I've been watching a lot of movies the last little while. I've already watched 26 movies this month alone. And I've been focusing on trying to watch mainly movies with numbers in the 52,000 series. So far I've watched 163 from that series. Mind you 28 of those 163 were shorts. I'm trying to go in numerical order and so far I've watched 58 of the first 100 (52,000 - 52,999). In that sequence there is only one number that doesn't have a film assigned to it yet. And there is at least one film (Morbius) that has yet to be theatrically released. I've been using Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Tubi, and my local library to complete this challenge. As of right now there is also 37 numbers from the 52,000 series that don't have films assigned to them.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The new numbers are up now and it includes another number from the 52,000's (52,632 Uncharted). So that now leaves us with just 36 missing numbers between the numbers 52,000 and 52,999.

And as an update to my viewing challenge I've now seen 183 films from the 52,000's.

CJ121997

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just checked the weekly bulletin hours ago, it's not updated. That means they're off for the holidays, despite the lack of notice. So well, they blew it. The last weekly update of the year contains only a measly 7 titles. As of 12/21, 581 titles were approved/rated in this year alone, 19 titles short of my acceptable 600 titles. It seems unlikely to reach the 600-title mark, given the current weekly average film count. The middle of the year, particularly July and August, was a decent period, as they became productive by approving and rating about a decent 13-18 titles, then they slowly became inefficient as the year is approaching its end. The low title count, combined with the unavailability of cert. numbers assigned to classic and modern films that have no rating online urged me to quit adding newly rated or discovered films to the film list, leaving that list incomplete. This year's low count, along with the aforementioned unavailability, was my last straw. The year started smoothly with 12 titles and ended badly with a measly 7 titles. I do not enjoy weekly updates that are really small, which are defined by having 11 titles or fewer.

As 2023 comes, I will no longer involve with the rather inefficient film association, especially on the rating side. However, I will be back in action once the message about the incorporation of the cert. nos. assigned to classics and modern films that have no ratings on the rating website, which is currently working on, has been approved. In other words, I will be involved with them again once those things come to fruition. It's been a two-year ride with you guys. So long and enjoy the new year.

Top Bottom