• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The 4th Annual Fanedit Awards - Winners Discussion Thread

Congrats so much, slark! So much meticulous work in which you walked extra mile after extra mile could only pay off in the end. Doc would be proud.

Oh, and big surprise that L8's video is Star Wars themed. ;-)

I second what DF says. Totally deserved
Slark
, loved every minute of your superb edit. Some stiff competition too; some truly great edits there. Roll on 2012 awards I say ;)

Oh, and kudos to blueyoda for a superb acceptance speech... funny and touching too :)

congratulations to all the winners some really good faneditors/fanedits up for nominations this year, already looking forward to next year

Thanks Dwight Fry and LastSurvivor for your flattering assessments.

The real key to any success achieved by my edit was in opening myself up to feedback from others during the editing process - and all that was owable to the fact that FE.org and its forums are here in the first place(!), so my first thanks must go out to boon and reave and L8wrtr and all the other folks that keep this site up and running. I can't stress that enough.

There are several guys that loom large in the aforementioned "feedback" process. I named them in my "Thanks" crawl at the end of "DETARNISHED!", but I'd like to reiterate a few here:

imp_ardnfi, my personal gadfly, pushed and pushed and pushed me. More than anyone, he refused to allow me to fall back on a "that's good enough" attitude, and the end result turned out SO much the better for it! (It surely would not have been afforded this honor if not for his NAGGING! ha ha ... ) Thanks to imp, I faced steep learning curves to utilize softwares that I may NEVER need again! ;)

ray zell took a different tack: he GUILTED me. (Must be a fellow Catholic - though I KNOW he's not a Catholic MOM!) On more than one or two occasions, Ray became so exasperated with my editing decisions (iconic "Doc moments" that I'd decided to cut) that I felt bad and had to rethink them and reincorporate them, either in another context or elsewhere. Some of the best moments in this edit came from my having to replunge into the creativity pool in an attempt to soothe Ray's frazzled nerves.

Ripplin was ever-present during the multi-year journey of this project, recharging my stores of encouragement when I had little or no enthusiasm left. Hebrides also bucked me up quite a bit.

Lots of other folks made important conceptual contributions to "DETARNISHED!" They are all cited for these in the text commentary that accompanies the film (on the DVD version) and named in the "Thanks" crawl as well. Watch it and KNOW THEM!

Thanks to all the FE.org voters for placing my edit among such distinguished company!
Great video! The Harrison Ford voice in particular was dead-on! And I loved the bit about "any Star Wars edits?" Did Neglify put you up to that, L8? ;)

Kudos to all the guys who created the highly-entertaining(!) videos, and to all the nominees. And congrats to the winners!

Congratulations Slark and Blueyoda!
I can only congratulate you because i have yet to check out your edits :D

Congrats, Slark! Thruly deserved.

And kudos to Neglify and to everybody who worked on the awards videos.

Congratlution Q2, LastSurvivor, Sportsman, Rogue, BlueYoda and Slark! If the 2011 awards show anything in my opinion, it's that hard work, passion and above all creativity are not only alive and well, but they are qualities in abundance among our community as not only exemplified by the winners, but by all of the nominees.

Winners and Nominees alike; whether it's the special-effects achievements of TMBTM's Alienate and Boon's Braveheart, the years'-long passionate journey of Doc Savage, the mind-numbing process of filtering down ANY of the TV-to-Movie edits, the craftsmanship of the Rogue's Super-8 series or the daunting task of melding Matrix films into a coherent and enjoyable film, 2011 clearly demonstrated that Fanediting is so much more than people just cutting out things which they don't like, or 'polishing turds' as people are fond of saying.

What is equally satisfying is that in addition to the diverse quality and passion of 2011's edits, the recognition of this passion from the community. The new awards nomination and voting process was, while a bit stressful for those that administered, a huge success in my eyes and the community rose to the challenge by not just going by buzz and popularity, but by helping select the most worthy collection of edits for consideration. Then the Academy did a spectacular job in diligently adding to, and then trimming down to the final list. Collectively 2011 was an explosion of creativity and passion, and also a passing of the torch with an incredible number of very talented editors joining our ranks. I couldn't be happier or more proud of our community.

I've been a bit quiet on the public boards lately due to personal constraints, but I've been so proud to see how this community continues to support and inspire fellow members, you all deserve a pat on the back.

Lastly I wanted to express my gratitude to those who made the 4th Annual Fanedit Awards so successful (even if a tad late).

First to everyone that participated in the public voting process. Your votes mattered and make these awards that much more meaningful.

To the Academy; bionicbob, Captain Khajiit, DwightFry, Gatos, geminigod, LastSurvivor, nOmArch, Ripplin & Rogue-theX. These fine folks accepted a thankless role and took their responsibilities seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the work that you put into this process, and for taking it so seriously.

To the Mods and Admins who were part of the final voting process, again a thankless, time-consuming job when we all have other things in life that compete for our most precious resource... TIME.

A huge amount of gratitude to those who stepped up to the plate to make Awards videos; Booshman, Sunarep, Neglify, BlueYoda and MCP ;). Phenomenal work guys, you really answered the call and set the bar for next year!

And lastly, but most certainly not least, though he will absolutely HATE me for giving such public accolades, everyone please please please give Neglify a huge virtual round of applause. Quite simply put, the 4th Annual awards would not have happened without him. He picked up the tattered remains of my wavering resolve and my initial proposal on the 2011 awards and single-handedly carried this thing to the finish line. His passion for this site is absolutely unparalleled, and the amount of work and dedication that he has given this community is beyond recognition, not just for the awards, but for the site overall.

Thank you Mr. Neglify.

Oh crap. And here I omitted Neglify from my *general* thanks in lieu of a more specific "thank you" - and then forgot to offer it! (I guess you could say that I "Neglify-ected" to do so.) Just as well, as I could not have done better than L8wrtr just has. Except to add:

Neglify! A Dogfish Head 120-Minute IPA raised to you, my friend!

slark said:
Neglify! A Dogfish Head 120-Minute IPA raised to you, my friend!

nom nom nom. one of my favorites. Definitely deserved, Neglify!! Thanks for all your hard work, and also to everyone else involved!

Thanks guys. :redface:

I thanked them already but want to thank again all the editors who helped make videos.

The Mighty Booshman - You sir, are out of this world. I cannot thank you enough for setting the tone of the videos overall and raising the bar for everybody.

Superior Sunarep - Thank you for your awesome vids, doing 2 at once under the gun can be a pain but you pulled it off wonderfully.

Lovely L8wrtr - We pulled it off! Holy carp! I can't thank you enough for everything you've done. For the community, for the Academy, for me personally, for Ron Burgundy, for everybody. I love L8.

green red pink blueyoda - Thank you for being you and sorry for being me. Without you, the Faneditor of the Year video could have been a disaster. <3 (Oh, and your cover artist video is without a doubt, the best thing you've ever edited. Press the button and close down the site now.)

Thanks, Neg. You pulled off a miracle and have set the bar for next year's Awards, which will be on time.

What a fracking amazing community we have, so many devoted and talented people. This site would cease to exist without your love and support.

See you all at the properly released 2012 awards.

Congrats to all the winners and, yup, Neg for his work on these awards.
:cheer2:

Nicely done Q2 and all nominees. With so many dreadfully overlong films out, 2013 will be a great year for edits!

A congrats to all the nominees and those who contributed, it was an awesome year of fan edits.

A BIG CONGRATS to Slark! Well deserved!

And of course, thank you to Neg and all the admin, who made these awards possible.
:)

Congrats to everyone I haven't mentioned yet and thanks to everyone (esp. Neg) who worked so hard to get this thing done.

And now, my devilish plan to win an award next year...

I will change my username to Movie's Frink and capture the TV-to-Movie award in a landslide.

fuck, group hug with all you guys. you rock this site.

Congrats to all the nominees and all the winners!

Back
Top Bottom