• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Thanks For Everything + Age Reveal

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Couldn’t find a similar thread so I made my own.

Ever since I joined the site, I kept my age hidden. I was the youngest member of the site for a long time but I just couldn’t reveal it, because I had this fear that I wouldn’t be accepted here.

Seeing the 11-year-old son of @"Sinbad", @"WMS1808", be accepted with open arms in his own BttF edit thread, has encouraged me to finally reveal my age to you all.

I am actually 16 years old, and I joined the site when I was 12. I’ve always had an interest in film, and I’ve always had the dream of becoming a successful filmmaker. Which is why I’m so glad I discovered fanedits.

Back in 2013, when I was in a sailing camp, there was a “Film Room” used to spend time and entertain during Lunch Breaks. They showed the whole Matrix trilogy. Interested in the movies (especially the first one), I researched about the Matrix from my phone, and after some searches, I discovered something that, I’m not exaggerating, changed my life. CBB’s Matrix Dezionized.

This was my introduction to fanedits. After discovering this edit, I browsed IFDB in enthusiasm. I found many edits of Spider-Man 3, Superman II, not to mention Star Wars... I was hooked. Eventually I discovered the main site, fanedit.org, and I joined immediately. Ever since then, I’ve been on an amazing journey of fanedits, meeting fantastic people.

I’ve learned so much since then. I learned more and more about editing, my critical thinking skills developed (even though I’m still developing, I’m still much stronger than many others my age), I matured (though I am still a lot more childish than others my age) and I even successfully released a few edits, among many others that I couldn’t :D (remember Web of Spider-Man, my first edit? I made that in Windows Movie Maker and I was so bummed when it got disapproved I cancelled the whole thing)

All I can say is, thank you everyone, for everything. I guess this is a new era for me.

Admins, fellow faneditors and community members, if any of you feel like I have decieved you about how old I am, I’m deeply sorry, because it wasn’t my intention at all. I just never had the courage to tell people until now.

I know this possibly won’t make much of a difference to you guys, but it does to me. My hope now is that I can continue to be accepted and encouraged in this wonderful community.

Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year to all!

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I would never have guessed you were only 16 based on the posts I have read of yours but if anything it teaches us not make any assumptions about fellow members.  Personally I wouldn't class that as any form of deception you simply haven't revealed your age in the past as far as I'm aware there is no minimum age for the site.  I may discourage my son from using the site as I'd prefer him to hone his skills with me first, but in my opinion the only things anyone on here should be judged on is their interaction with other members and the quality of their edits :)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Well I would never have guessed you were only 16 based on the posts I have read of yours but if anything it teaches us not make any assumptions about fellow members.  Personally I wouldn't class that as any form of deception you simply haven't revealed your age in the past as far as I'm aware there is no minimum age for the site.  I may discourage my son from using the site as I'd prefer him to hone his skills with me first, but in my opinion the only things anyone on here should be judged on is their interaction with other members and the quality of their edits :)

Thanks very much Sinbad, yes I totally agree :)

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh btw Matrix Dezionised was my first introduction to fanedits too  :)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm also on the young side at 15. Joined earlier this year to track down Reece Evans' BvS No Justice edit when I was 14 although I knew of fanediting before then. I had heard about some Prequel edits in particular Topher Grace's unreleased edit. My first edit (which can be found somewhere I think, or I had it taken off the face of the earth) was the CW Crossover from last year. It's a bit sloppy by my current standards, but it was popular on the CW subreddits.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, 3 people have revealed their pretty young ages. And I understand because I probably am the fourth. I'm no older than Bob.

I'm not very comfortable with showing my real age, but consider  this: I have not watched any Star Wars before TFA, so yeah. I discovered about fan edits in general with the Despecialized Editions, and loved them, but not really FE.org until late this summer. Another first Fanedit from this site is TM2YC's edit of KOTCS. I made my first edit (Sherlock) before I found the forums, inspired by some edits in the iFDB. Though I didn't touch the forums till a few weeks later. 

This community has been great, and very well accepting me as a matured adult. Hope this doesn't change that. 

But I did leave some clues though, with my excuses of being busy with homework and studying, so that's all true. Bob did leave a massive one, with a remark saying he is not legally allowed to drink Beer. But Masirimso I wouldn't have guessed.

I also know some people are quite old and have kids: Frink, Dig, and recently Sinbad. So, that's one thing. And that shows the diversity in this pretty peaceful community... other than maybe the TLJ thread. :D

(not trying to bash anyone)

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes I'm ancient Im 46! :)

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:

OldTom.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
I also know some people are quite old and have kids: Frink

I'm only 44 but now I feel extremely old.

Sinbad said:

Oh never mind.   :D

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Admins, fellow faneditors and community members, if any of you feel like I have decieved you about how old I am, I’m deeply sorry, because it wasn’t my intention at all. I just never had the courage to tell people until now.

No need to apologize.  There's no rule limiting membership to certain ages, and we don't expect anyone to reveal any personal information unless they want to.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
We don't expect anyone to reveal any personal information unless they want to.

Alright, so I live at 888 Poopy Pants Lane, the one with the green Honda out the front with the number plate THX-997, you can't miss it. I also leave the front door unlocked just in case. The door is jammed usually but give it some force and it'll swing right open.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
No need to apologize.  There's no rule limiting membership to certain ages, and we don't expect anyone to reveal any personal information unless they want to.

Much thanks, love how here everyone is understanding and empathetic towards each other.

Plus 40+ isn’t old to me :D

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
theryaney said:
I also know some people are quite old and have kids: Frink

I'm only 44 but now I feel extremely old.

Oh never mind.   :D

Me too after the reveals today, and my lad signing up and posting without telling me put an extra year or two on :)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Leaked photo of the card Junior gave to Old Man Sinbad for his 46th birthday

M03eh2b.png

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Get to bed Bobson its 1:40am apparently where you are :)

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welp, this is why you shouldn't assume things about internet folk. I always assumed, by the content of your posts, you were older than I.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Masi. I'm glad you feel comfortable with honesty on this site. :D

I agree with Sinbad, simply not disclosing something isn't lying. No need to feel bad ::)

I am 22, myself. Age doesn't really define any of us. I'm sure there's about half a century between our oldest and youngest members.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
TVs Frink said:
We don't expect anyone to reveal any personal information unless they want to.

Alright, so I live at 888 Poopy Pants Lane, the one with the green Honda out the front with the number plate THX-997, you can't miss it. I also leave the front door unlocked just in case. The door is jammed usually but give it some force and it'll swing right open.

All fake. Poopy Pants Lane ends in the 700 block. Everybody knows that, Bob.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Age reveal huh?

Here's my interpretation:
"This is the dawning of the age of Aquarious"

Top Bottom