• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Text window in vegas

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, so I am adding text to the project and I did something that made the separate text window become part of the main vegas window.
How do I set it back?

Which version of Vegas are you working on? I'm not sure what you're refering to. My text window is an tab.

Vegas Pro 8.

When I select "insert text" a window usually pops up, independant of vegas. however, I moved the window and it somehow got minimized into the main vegas window so I cant look at the text and project windows at the same time, now I have to switch between them which is a pain in the butt.

sorry I failed to explain my problem. I'll try to take a screen later.

you can dock and undock just about anything in vegas... when you have that particular tab up now... there should be a series of a few dots in the upper left hand corner of that tab/window... simply grab those to move the tab/window around, or to completely undock it from the main vegas window. and as i said, you can do that with most other things in there as well. undocking the preview window is handy a lot of the time. :)

Ah, I tried clicking on them but I didnt attempt to drag. Thanks Lewis, I'll give that a go next time I have Vegas open.
seriously though, for being so simple vegas sure makes a few things needlessly difficult :)

:lol: no, but I will give them a stern fist shaking, gersh dern whippersnappers and their new fangled techmologies.

Back
Top Bottom