• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Text tool isn't recognizing chinese fonts

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I imported a few TTF (True Type Font) bundles for Chinese. I also enabled typing in chinese for microsoft word. However, when I try to type in chinese in the text box when i click on the text tool in DVD Lab Pro, it just comes up as a question mark. I select the correct font style and I make sure to change the typing language from english to chinese, but still no dice.

If anyone has any tips on how I can fix this it would be greatly appreciated!

now that sounds just like the thing to talk to the dvd lab pro support to.

boon23 said:
now that sounds just like the thing to talk to the dvd lab pro support to.

Haha alright, that's what I will do!

Does Photoshop -- or whatever program you use -- recognize the Chinese font? If so, you could make your menu in Photoshop and import it into DVD Lab Pro, thereby circumventing its inability to read the font. Alternatively, you could try to find a similar font that it could read. Obviously this is not a direct solution to your problem, but it might be worth a try. :)

Captain Khajiit said:
Does Photoshop -- or whatever program you use -- recognize the Chinese font? If so, you could make your menu in Photoshop and import it into DVD Lab Pro, thereby circumventing its inability to read the font. Alternatively, you could try to find a similar font that it could read. Obviously this is not a direct solution to your problem, but it might be worth a try. :)

Yes, actually I was trying to make it in DVD Lab Pro because Photoshop had been crashing on me. But now Photoshop is working again with no problems and Photoshop does recognize the font. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom