• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Terminator Salvation - T-HOPE Edition

Rate this fanedit

• 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 10 stars (very good)

• 7 stars

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 6 stars

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 stars

• 0 stars (very bad)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I re-encoded the film on format factory (probably not the best app, but easiest for a newb like me) and strangely the sound on the AVI is normal. so I'm guessing the sound is there in the correct quality, but for some reason the way it's burned can't be read properly by normal dvd players?

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never got any DVD compliant errors. I have no idea what is going on...

What really surprises me is the volume issue. I worked in Ulead Media Studio Pro 8. Decoded the movies 5.1 sound into 6 mono wavs. Edited them etc with the movie, then saved the new audio as 6 separate mono wavs. Then encoded them in ac3 with some ac3 encoder program (forgot the name) but I have used it before. The only thing different with my previous fanedits is that I created this one on my new pc, so I had to install everything before being able to fanedit.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does Ulead have the capability to export your workspace as a 5.1 surround AC3? I know this can be done in Vegas and other higher end apps. It might take one of the variables out of the problem.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Does Ulead have the capability to export your workspace as a 5.1 surround AC3? I know this can be done in Vegas and other higher end apps. It might take one of the variables out of the problem.
It can save ac3 sound, but I'm not sure how it will save the ac3 when I have 6 mono channels. I mean, as far as I found out, I can't say that track 1 is center channel, track 2 is front left, etc in Ulead.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Weird. I have 4 reviews on the site now. The first one doesn't mention the sound, the 4th says sound is good and the 2nd/3rd review only complain about the audio....

I'm really confused....

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't bother to mention it in my review, but my laptop has two sound drivers/devices: SRS Premium Sound and IDT Audio. SRS is the output by default, and the volume was waaaayyy too low on that, but I switched it to IDT and it was fine (not an inconvenience...do it all the time for games, hence why I didn't think it was worth mentioning). I haven't tested it on a DVD player yet, however.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the volume was no problem for me, in my review i just stated the strange audio cuts, I didn't notice that the volume was too low or anything but that might be because i was watching it with my headphones

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
Weird. I have 4 reviews on the site now. The first one doesn't mention the sound, the 4th says sound is good and the 2nd/3rd review only complain about the audio....

I'm really confused....

I don't like to think of mine as a review as I haven't watched the finished product yet, that'll be tomorrow.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:

I'm really confused....
Well, it plays back louder on my computer than TS Essential Edition

Somebody's on crack.

Edit: Okay maybe not LOL.
VLC plays back T-Hopes louder than EE but MPC plays back T-Hope version much lower.

So beats the hell outta me.

As long as the volume is consistent throughout, I don't think it's that big a deal.
That's why TVs n stuff have a volume button, no?

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Volume control, yes. Didn't mention it, but sound was low. Wasn't a problem, I turned it up.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
spelledaren said:
Wasn't a problem, I turned it up.
Yes; but it was so low for me that I really had to turn up the volume, which is not good for speakers. Even then the volume sounded rather low. There is definitely a problem somewhere.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmmm.... well it actually is very noticeable when streaming it to the tv as the music for the menu is much louder than the music playing at the beginning of the movie.

If there is a version 2, it would be an opportunity to sharpen up the video as well.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay finally watched this version.

like the opening, a sort of progressive narrative that leads up to what's happened between 3 and salvation, well done. some of the footage had scanlines similar to those found in attack of the phantom, but I have a suspicion that's probably a combination of the lower quality video and the program I used to rip to AVI (since I've had the same trouble when I tried to convert an anime.)

When marcus has his first flashback, the fade to black just seems a tad longer than it should, it sort of camed suddenly that if I were watching for the first time, I'd have had no idea what was going on. Any other parts flow smoothly.

Mind is a little hazy if you added in the flashback during the minefield sequence or if they were originally there, but if so, bravo.

The skinned terminator, I know he's all 'must throw' but I kinda liked that part of the film more than any other when I sat in the cinema, having a faux-arnold really left me beaming for all of 3 minutes so I kind of didn't like the lessened facetime. that said, it's just my personal taste.

I like a lot of other stuff, I could buy that they used Marcus to get to John, and it's not even one of those 'just ignore the film and buy my idea' it seemed almost natural. And I'm glad the transplant scene is gone. Both of these things bugged me the most about the original.
Skynets intel on Kyle because its a big massive plothole and also a time paradox, and Kate's surgical abilities, because it was already hard enough to buy the concept she was a vet, who could fly choppers and use automatic rifles, but adding open heart surgery into the mix, in a future where adequate hospital supplies no longer exist.

I can't recall where it happened, I think near when john was on the chopper at the end, there was a scene shift and the audio jumped from one song into another, that didn't seem natural.

So in a nutshell I enjoyed it, however I still think it needs a bit of spit & polish.
Theatrical: 6/10
T-Hope edition: 7.5

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
zeppelinrox said:
If there is a version 2, it would be an opportunity to sharpen up the video as well.
I agree. The disc had about 600MB to spare that could have been used for video. I was surprised that the disc size was relatively small.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
zeppelinrox said:
I agree. The disc had about 600MB to spare that could have been used for video. I was surprised that the disc size was relatively small.

Yes, a version 2 would be very nice. :D

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It shouldn't be a big deal to just re-encode the existing source files.
Hopefully the encoding software isn't screwy

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
[Kate] because it was already hard enough to buy the concept she was a vet, who could fly [strikeout:4quyrckg]choppers[/strikeout:4quyrckg] planes and use automatic rifles[...]
Why is it difficult to believe that a person can do three different things?

...And now that I have defended T3, I must walk away in shame. :(

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
zeppelinrox said:
I encoded the video with VBR 7500 kb/s and that's what I got.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
I encoded the video with VBR 7500 kb/s and that's what I got.
Fair enough! :) The result seems small for so high a bitrate, even given the 109 minute running time, but there you go.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hey T-Hope, since I really enjoyed your edit I wanted to ask if you are planning to release a version 2 of this, since there some transitions that could profit from smoothing out

if that's the case just let me know so I'll rewatch the edit to spot all those cuts

Top Bottom