• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Terminator Salvation - T-HOPE Edition

Rate this fanedit

• 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 10 stars (very good)

• 7 stars

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 6 stars

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 stars

• 0 stars (very bad)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

ab5tract

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a heads up to site admins:

I couldn't find this edit when looking for "Terminator edits" using the dropdown menu "Famous Flicks". Is this the second or third Salvation edit to be release?

[edit: talk about jumping the gun, didn't see that T-HOPE had already noticed this...]

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ab5tract said:
Is this the second or third Salvation edit to be release?
To my knowledge this is actually the fourth:

1) Scaperat - the only one that is listed on the Terminator page at the moment.
2) Spence - Released but then removed for technical reasons (sound drop out and synch issue). From what I have seen, Spence has no intention of fixing and re-releasing.
3) thunderclap (note that this is missing from the Terminator page despite being released for a while now)
4) T-HOPE (not yet on Terminator page as discussed above)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fixed. Q2 and T-Hope editions have been added. Thanks for spotting this.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everything is fixed I think (except for 1 minor error at fanedit.info in the linkslist: Terminator Salvation The T-HOPE Edition , it should be without the The). hahaha nitpicking :D

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Patiently downloading this (you suck, Rapidshare. No offense T-Hope). I'm one of the few who didn't mind T4. Sacrilege, I know. I'll try and review this ASAP. :)

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have I burned this wrong or is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
I was giving it a test run and the sound seems a bit quiet, in the opening I thought it was intentionally mute. I've had to crank my TV volume up to max and even then it's not exactly loud.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Have I burned this wrong or is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
I was giving it a test run and the sound seems a bit quiet, in the opening I thought it was intentionally mute. I've had to crank my TV volume up to max and even then it's not exactly loud.
Well, when I play it on tv it's a bit quiet and you have to turn up the volume a bit (the weird thing is that I didn't change the volume when editing the movie, it must have happeend when they 6 mono wavs were turned into ac3 or when DVDlab pro created the DVD). When I play it on PC, I don't have audio issues.

Klemc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the movie from my eeeepc on a Samsung plama HdReady 42", via vga and eee speakers! Yes, sound is a bit "quiet" but i didn't have have to change the volume. I won't judge a/v quality because of the hardware (eee+plasma).

EDIT :
The atmosphere is really better than in the original, all along the movie, machines appears powerfull now, and it's good. I heard no much music at all but environnemental sounds (like rocks falling when JC is in the helicopter after crash by exemple, all sounds but music), i liked the idea, hope it's intended.
Removing Kyle Rise from Skynet knowledge and do not to kill John Connor are the best ideas. The T800 heats his heart, so when JC is later on the bed it is not strange. I say 9/10. If a reedit of this one is done, it will be great, and 10.

I'm french, apologizes if you misunderstand my post, it's hard for me, i had to say but didn't know how.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last 2 reviews on the site speak of quality issues with the audio. I didn't notice any big issues when I tested this after editing (except for the low volume on my tv, not on my pc).

Anybody else audio issues (I'm not speaking about the volume, but about other problems)?

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll have another look to try and pinpoint the moments I found disturbing. And I'll hold off voting for a while, with Kerr I voted too soon when he made a lot of good changes to his edits.

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Removed the T-600 attacking John Connor.
Sound blip / not a very good transition.

Changed dialogue so Losenko says Connor is number one
Not completely smooth, odd stutter from him.

After shooting the thug in the knee...Removed campfire scene
Sudden music change for the first one, blip for the second into the Valley of Death.

Removed some of Skynet Serena's lines.
The last one has a bad shift in audio, after "I'm better this way".

Reconstructed the ending.
I have an audio blip just before "John" (from his wife). Music change after Kyle gets his jacket isn't so good.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Weird. When I tested it, I didn't have those blips on my tv. I did notice the "number 1 on skynet's hitlist" but I could live with that one.

Thanks for the list btw.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also, the 5.1 sound has VERY low volume. So if you could do something about that it would be swell. :)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IIRC, you can input a 5.1 track in womble, boost the volume, and export again as 5.1. Not sure how it will turn out, but it might be worth a try.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
IIRC, you can input a 5.1 track in womble, boost the volume, and export again as 5.1. Not sure how it will turn out, but it might be worth a try.
Problem is that the AC3 file has clear sound, but when I throw it into DVDlab pro, create the DVD etc, play it on my tv then the volume is suddenly low.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not a DVD Lab Pro user, but from what you describe, I can guess one of two things:

(1) DVD Lab Pro is not recognizing the AC3 file as DVD-compliant. And its re-encoding it, causing some volume drop.

(2) There is some adjust volume setting on Lab Pro which has been accidentally changed.

I think #2 is unlikely. A third option is that is IS actually low, and your media player is making it seem louder? My guess is that scenario #1 happening, but I'm not sure what you noticed while the DVD was compiling.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You could try building the AC3 file in Audacity. That's how I sometimes do it.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I found the volume far too low too. DVD Lab Pro usually displays a message straight away when you import a file that is not DVD compliant in some way. For example, it always flags GOPs in your video stream as potentially problematic if they are open. I have never heard of the problem with DVD Lab Pro. Weird!

Top Bottom