• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Terminator Salvation: Savior's Edition spot & info

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

scaperat

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
True Fan Edit

What is it about: Trailer 3 made Terminator Salvation look like it was going to be the best Terminator film yet. It didn't turn out that way, though. In my opinion, it was a decent film, but it could have been better. One of the main reasons for that was Marcus' screen time.

[youtube:2juenvaa]

Original film name: Terminator Salvation - Director's Cut

New film name: Terminator Salvation - Savior's Edition

Film studio name: Warner Bros., Halcyon Company

Original Film Released: 2009

Fan Edit Released: 2009

Original Runtime: 1hr 57mins

New Runtime: 1hr 47mins

Amount of time Cut: 9 mins

Time taken for edit : 3 days

Purpose of this edit:

Trailer 3 made Terminator Salvation look like it was going to be the best Terminator film yet. It didn't turn out that way, though. In my opinion, it was a decent film, but it could have been better. One of the main reasons for that was Marcus' screen time. It also felt like I was being beaten over the head with too much information.

This edit will focus more on Connor. I cut out as much of Marcus as I could. You won't know for sure that he's a machine until he gets damaged by a magnetic mine. I removed the 2003 scene and cut out Marcus skipping across the water. The only scenes that allude to him being a machine are when we see him laying down in the beginning. I've added in some new music; a lot of it is digital/electronica, which I think suits this type of film. Many great sci-fi flicks had synth soundtracks including the 1st two Terminators. I hope I, at least, succeeded in making the film watchable for those who didn't like it. I took a bit of Sarah Connor's voice-over from T2, so Judgment Day occurs on the original date: 8/29/97. I'm not really bothered by the use of usb ports, because in less than 10 years, they'll be seeing plasma rifles. Then there's Marcus' age.

Cut:

-Director's Cut was used to create this fan edit.

- New theme added to opening credits- taken from the official video game

- Partial Synth Score- additional music by Vitaliy Zavadskyy, Paul Oakenfold, Brad Fiedel

- A shot of tank wheels crushing skulls taken from trailers

- Added Sarah Connor's voice-over right before the T-1 attacks. Soldiers don't talk about how it's too quiet.

- John talks about the T-800 at the beginning of the sub scene. Doesn't say T-800. Taken from 4-min promo. Couldn't do a whole lot with it.

- Ashdown Calling John Prophesied Leader and camera pan up removed

- "Does it work" line cut.

- Barnes does not say "My brother". We find out later. Makes the character more worthy of attention.

- Some of what Sarah said on the tapes has been removed leaving gaps of silence for dramatic effect. To much info, too.

- "Kill Kyle Reese. Reset the future. No John Connor" removed

- Marcus teaching Reese the Ol' tie a rope to shotgun trick- removed

- Cut out old lady offering food to Star

-Couple of other shots from trailers

-Cut Marcus skipping across water and coming up for air

-Cut out Marcus and Blair in the rain; they still look wet afterward

-Cut out "my mother"

-Added more John on motor-terminator and extended "You Could Be Mine"

-Cut Kyle being locked in. Reappears to save Star

-Cut out many of Serena's lines. They made her seem too human

-New background music when Arnold appears

-Removed Connor's Voice-over at the end

-End Credits music changed

-Many other minor changes

SL NTSC DVD coming soon.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
scaperat said:

I have to question this one. I know you wanted less Marcus, but I thought this scene was a nice touch.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Woah, that was fast. :)

Kevinicus said:
scaperat said:
I have to question this one. I know you wanted less Marcus, but I thought this scene was a nice touch.
Maybe, but it's not referenced again, so it's not as though it's really needed.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
Woah, that was fast. :)

Maybe, but it's not referenced again, so it's not as though it's really needed.

Ah, but it is referenced in T1 though.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No it isn't. ...Or at least not in my opinion. This is the assumption most have jumped to, (and was almost definitely meant as a reference by the makers of T4, and we know how little of the saga they 'get'.) but it's not really connected.

Reese ties the rope to his shotgun in T1 simply so that he can carry it under his coat, hanging off of his shoulder.

scaperat

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
No it isn't. ...Or at least not in my opinion. This is the assumption most have jumped to, (and was almost definitely meant as a reference by the makers of T4, and we know how little of the saga they 'get'.) but it's not really connected.

Reese ties the rope to his shotgun in T1 simply so that he can carry it under his coat, hanging off of his shoulder.

What he said.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Terminator Salvation - Savior's Edition by Scaperat

review by boon23

Prologue:
I am one of the few, who really enjoyed Terminator Salvation. I loved the incredible amount of references and nods to the predecessors, especially because T2 did the very same thing with T1, yet it did not feel too artificial in T4. For a Terminator fan it was obvious very soon (or from the very beginning) that Marcus was some kind of Terminator, yet the final revelation was still strong enough to convince me and have me entertained. I liked it how they displayed the terminator universe not just at night and in huge battles, but in broad daylight. The one thing that bothered me was that the original movie had too much action and was overall too loud, which annoyed me after a while.
When Scaperat, whom I still think to be a great fanediting talent, tackled this one I knew right ahead I would give ti a watch. Here are my impressions:

As for all my reviews: this is just my personal opinion of this fanedit. I cannot tell anybody else, if he or she will experience it in the same way or the opposite. So my review is not objective and does not reflect the opinion of fanedit.org.

!!!!This review contains heavy spoilers!!!

The edit:
the movie starts with the original beginning but then radically switches to a new take with self created continuing credits (it is Brad FIEDEL by the way). This was interesting, yet not too convincingly done as these credits played too long in the movie and made it almost feel like a TV show. The plot unfolds really well after that for the most part, only a few times edits felt forced, like John Connor in the ocean or Marcus dropping from the transport. When Serena Kogan is finally introduced it still feels forced, even though Scaperat took care by keeping the dream sequence, yet when she has her skynet appearance I got the feeling there was way more to it. The ending worked kind of well, yet it did not have any magic to it (just like the original).
The removed scenes were overall a great choice and were not missed at all. Since I only watched T4 one time so far, I can only think that most of them would have annoyed me a lot on the second viewing. Especially toning down young Kyle Reese was a very good idea.
The end credits are the original end credits with new music. I would have probably listened if there were self made end credits, but the music itself was not interesting enough for me to do that. Overall I was mildly entertained by this version but also not excited. The original had more impact to me without being great. i think this is not the final word on possible T4 edits, but it already has a few interesting approaches.

editing: 8 of 10 (some cuts felt forced, starting credits were too long)
entertainment: 6 of 10 (it was ok, but I will not watch it again and will rather stick to the original, which I rated on imdb 7 of 10)

Image and video quality:
I watched the DVD, so I was expecting great quality, which I did not get. Some scenes in the dark had artifacts, some scenes seemed to have a blue filter that felt annoying. Overall the image quality was ok, but not really DVD quality.
Video quality: 7 of 10

Audio editing and audio quality:
audio quality was good. I still found the movie just like the original too loud in parts (in the mix of action music and explosions).
audio editing: 10 of 10
sound quality: 8 of 10
resulting in a 9 of 10 for overall audio

presentation:
The DVD comes with a still main menu with the terrible main theme from T4. The image chosen is not a good one IMO and the yellow font and links also do not support the mood of the movie. There is a trailer and a deleted scene thingie as extras, both of which are ok, but not too much fun to watch either. The starting credits were partially self created, yet I did not see the fanedit title or the editor name (unlike in the trailer). There is cover art and disc art, both are ok.
To sum it up:
there is room for improvement, yet an overall ok presentation.
resulting in a 6 of 10 for overall presentation

Final result: 7 of 10
Can be enjoyed, but I am still hopeful for a better T4 fanedit.

scaperat

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the critique, Boon. It seems the one major flaw in my edits is the video quality and presentation. Need to work on that.

MusedFable

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What's the password on the rar files? I look forward to watching this edit.

Top Bottom