• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Terminator fanedits

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[not sure if this is the right section, if not, please move it to the right one]

As everybody knows, I'm a big Terminator fan. I also love the fanedits about these movies. I stumbled on some fanedits, but I could never find them any. I tried to find the faneditors (even contacted movie_rebel about his T2 cut, but he didn't respond), but with no luck.

Does anybody know more about the next fanedits and if possible where to get them?

Terminator 2 - The Cyberdyne Cut by movie_rebel.
http://myspleen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=561
An edit of Terminator 2 with a few major changes and some brand new NEVER before scenes including new opener and a new dream sequence.

The new material has come from a number of sources:
Little seen teaser trailers
Re-used some footage from original cut
OST Soundtrack
etc....

T3: Terminated Edition by The Enigma Editors.
http://www.terminatorfiles.com/news/200 ... 6-25-a.htm
In this new version, the film is restructured to allow for better pace, dramatic tension, and edited to remove some of the more 'tongue in cheek' moments that lowered the impact of the overall film.
Additionally, the beginning and ending have been significantly altered. Lastly, for all those folks missing Brad Fiedel in the music department... his T2 score shines, mixed carefully back into the Terminated Edition. We hope this version will appeal to people who were looking for a slightly tighter, more serious Terminator film, in the vein of its creator, James Cameron.

Fanboy's Offical *TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES by familyguyfanboy
http://www.originaltrilogy.com/forum/me ... eadid=2997
Some changes intended on making include:

-Trimming many short scenes sprawled throughout the film that explain things twice(!!!) (Watch the film again, and you'll know what I mean...)
-Cutting some of the vomit inducing one liners, and wink wink nudge nudge's to audience.
-Re-iroducing the deleted scene from disc one of the DVD.
-Shortening up the pre-credit introduction. (It was a little long, un-clean and drawn out.)
-Removing things already explained in T2.

And ofcourse I'm curious to:
- CBB's Terminator 3 - Terminatrixed.
- Zarius' Terminator 3: Destiny of the Machines.
But these are still a work-in-progress I guess.

phaota

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, more fan edits of T3. Seems folks can't get enough of messing around with that one. I like T-Hope's version though. But the T3: Terminated Edition sounds interesting.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
phaota said:
Wow, more fan edits of T3. Seems folks can't get enough of messing around with that one. I like T-Hope's version though. But the T3: Terminated Edition sounds interesting.
The problem is, does it exist? The only place I have read about it is on Terminator Files, and since I'm a co-worker of that site, I can say we don't know more...

I'm also interested in the T2 Cyberdyne Cut, but again, no info...

Finn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm curious, are there any fan-edits of the Original Terminator film?
I know that it's a tight and damn good film anyway, but I don't recall any.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Terminator: Extended Edition by ADM

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A great improvement, IMO. Many of those scenes should NOT have been cut in the first place. Many thanks go to ADM.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked The Terminator: Extended Edition by ADM. It's my favorite Terminator fanedit of him.

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep the v1 of T-3 T-Hope Edition rules, think ive seen enough of t3 now, would like a subtitle for the t-hope version though..

ab5tract

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder if the Cyberdyne Cut is the same as the T2 edit I downloaded that was xvid and weighed about 1 GB...

It looked quite compelling, but I don't usually have the patience for encoded fanedits, so I didn't see it all the way through. T-HOPE, I can try to dig up the one I am thinking of for you if you would like.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would love to see that "T3 - Terminated Edition" w/ the T2 score.
IMO, the worst part of T3 was the lack of iconic "terminator music".
I hated all the stupid nonsense too but that was my biggest gripe with the film.
I hope T4 will not make the same mistake!

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ab5tract said:
I wonder if the Cyberdyne Cut is the same as the T2 edit I downloaded that was xvid and weighed about 1 GB...

It looked quite compelling, but I don't usually have the patience for encoded fanedits, so I didn't see it all the way through. T-HOPE, I can try to dig up the one I am thinking of for you if you would like.
I'm interested.

Are you sure it's not this one?
http://fanedit.org/1146/

If it's another cut, could you upload it to rapidshare.com?

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched "T3:Coming Storm" by Uncanny Antman. Anyone compared this to T-Hope's T3 edit? Which do you prefer, and why?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a good question ziz. It's been a while since I watched them both, but I recall favoring T-HOPE's a bit more. I think it may have been the handling of the ending. Both are fantastic and I suggest grabbing them both. perhaps TV's Frink will wander off into Terminator land for future cutlists... :lol:

Anyway, to sum up the Terminator fanedits we have here, including recent ones, here is the list (can also be found on fanedit.org HERE). Excuse the short short descriptions for each, I just wanted to list them all here. See the respective fanedit.org pages for more complete details on the edits and their availability.

TERMINATOR 1

The Terminator - Extended Edition - by ADM. Extended with 9 scenes, totaling 8 extra minutes of footage compared to the theatrical cut.

TERMINATOR 2

Terminator 2 - 4th Option Special Edition - by ADM. Adds only one scene (where the T1000 searches John's room) back into the theatrical cut.

Terminator 2 - Final Judgment - by Tubes. Cut 8 minutes from the Special Edition. Mostly removing robohumor to make the film more serious.

Terminator 2 - Digital Dawn Edition - by Scaperat. Meant as an alternate version. Color was changed, and some effects and music changes were added.

Terminator 2 - Hands of Fate - by ThrowgnCpr. A more serious take on T2. Some robohumor was cut, and bad to the bone scene was rescored. Also a hybrid of the theatrical and extended SE.

TERMINATOR 3

Terminator 3 - Alternate Edition - by ADM. The lightest of the T3 edits so far. In the end, this cut is actually 1 minute longer than the theatrical. The goal was to give the TX some more plausibility.

Terminator 3 - T-HOPE Edition - by T-HOPE. A darker more serious cut of T3. Many changes. Somewhat similar to Uncanny Antman's edit, though check out the details (and watch the edits) of both for specific differences.

Terminator 3 - The Coming Storm - by Uncanny Antman. A darker more serious cut of T3. Many changes. Somewhat similar to T-HOPE's edit, though check out the details (and watch the edits) of both for specific differences.

...and don't forget to check out T-HOPE's special editions...

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Seconded! Hope put his best into them, and it really shows. You can't go wrong checking 'em out. :)

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ziz said:
Just watched "T3:Coming Storm" by Uncanny Antman. Anyone compared this to T-Hope's T3 edit? Which do you prefer, and why?
I prefer my own version because of storywise edits (like the opening, flashforward in the van) and I prefer Uncanny's version because of a colder (and darker) attitude of the T-850 and correction of continuity goofs by Uncanny's own special effects.

Although Uncanny Antman and I have a lot of similar cuts and edits, I myself see a few differences between his and my own edit:

T-X plot
T-HOPE: leaves the subplot about the lieutenants more vague in the opening. T-X is just seen killing people (name stuff is removed) which looks like random killings untill the T-850 explains later that they would have become lieutenants
Uncanny Antman: the T-x is the one who uploads the virus.

Biggest differences
T-HOPE:
- Has a new opening about the construction of a Terminator while leaving in the middle if it's for real (and perhaps even being the T-850 that will be send to protect John) or just a nightmare that John could be dreaming before waking up in the movie.
- Also new is a flashforward as John tries to explain to Kate about his destiny (back in the van sequence). Some new audio dialogue by John has been used here.
- Last thing is the inclusion of a part of the deleted Sgt. Candy sequence.

Uncanny Antman:
- T-850's behaviour has become more darker because Uncanny cut a lot of his lines. He has become more silent, and thus more darker.
- Removed Mike Kripke's backstory.
- A pop song from The Terminator in this fanedit if I remember correctly.

Other stuff
T-HOPE: added small snippets of deleted scenes back into the movie like T-850 taking the shotgun out of the truck, Kate & John dodging flying chopper remnants at Crystal Peak and Kate screaming at Crystal Peak in the end. It's perhaps 3 or 4 seconds of deleted scenes inserted.
Uncanny Antman: managed to fix some contuinity errors by creating his own special effects, like Jose Barerra's name, Sarah Connor's grave plate, no blinking Terminator eyes.

Uncanny Antman said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
Seconded! Hope put his best into them, and it really shows. You can't go wrong checking 'em out. :)
Thanks guys. I hope I can finish those holliday videos (3 to go, 1holliday has 11 hours of filmed footage, so you can imagine the amount of editing required) soon so I can pick up fanediting again and continue with my Terminator bonus discs.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ziz said:
I prefer UA's edit, only because it's the only one of the two I've seen so far :p I burned T-HOPE's version a long time ago but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. From what I've heard, it may not be a case of which version I prefer, but rather, which do I feel like watching on that particular day.
ThrowgnCpr said:
That's a good question ziz. It's been a while since I watched them both, but I recall favoring T-HOPE's a bit more. I think it may have been the handling of the ending. Both are fantastic and I suggest grabbing them both. perhaps TV's Frink will wander off into Terminator land for future cutlists... :lol:
***Preparing for worst Vader moment ever*** Noooooooooooooo!

I know you were joking Throw, at the same time I don't want to say I'd never do Terminator cutlists. It would be third on my list after SW and Matrix. But the last SW cutlist may be my last cutlist of any kind. I started on the Matrix but can't get motivated to keep going. Maybe I will find someone who I can teach everything I know, and who will then kill me in my sleep :shock:

cap

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love the T-HOPE Edition of T3. I've only seen the first 20-30 minutes or so of The Coming Storm, but that was enough for me to decide I preferred T-HOPE. (That's not a popular opinion, I know. TCS is one of the most popular fan edits, period.)

I thought that Uncanny Antman's attempts to tinker with the plot failed.

T-HOPE's approach was (relatively speaking) less ambitious. Remove some very failed attempts at humor, remove some un-Terminator-like behavior by both Terminators (which overlaps a lot with the "failed attempts at humor" category), leave subtle hints of a future romance between John and Kate but remove Mostow's "hit the audience over the head with it because they're stupid" approach, make creative use of some post-Judgment Day footage for atmosphere... that kind of thing. I feel that this approach, which is more faithful to the original and concentrates on correcting what are definitely mistakes, works better.

Only thing I can think of that I don't like in the T-HOPE Edition is changing "That was a different T-101" to "That was a different Terminator." It's a distractingly obvious dub, and I don't understand why it was necessary.

For Terminator 2, I have seen ADM's "Fourth Option" cut (which is just the official Extended Cut with one added scene) and ThrowgnCpr's "Hands of Fate" cut. I really like what ThrowgnCpr has done with it. Having Arnie show up before Robert Patrick is a clever bit of misdirection; until the confrontation in the hallway when Arnie says "get down" it's not clear which is the killer and which is the protector, and it's natural to assume that Arnie is the killer, so it's a neat surprise when it turns out to be the other way. I also like the almost complete elimination of the unpleasant, unbelievable, and totally unnecessary "sadistic orderlies" theme. The only thing I don't like about this edit: the title. "Judgment Day" is a much cooler title than "Hands of Fate."

For Terminator 1, I have only seen ADM's extended edition. I believe the scene with the argument over whether to go after CyberDyne adds a lot to the film. So much so that I feel that Cameron's (or was it the studio's?) decision to cut this scene was a really bad mistake.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cap said:
Having Arnie show up before Robert Patrick is a clever bit of misdirection
If you mean the time travel arrival, the 800 arrives before the 1000 in the film proper, too. That is not a change.

cap

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
cap said:
Having Arnie show up before Robert Patrick is a clever bit of misdirection
If you mean the time travel arrival, the 800 arrives before the 1000 in the film proper, too. That is not a change.
Oh. It's been a little while since seeing the official cut, so I misremembered.

What I do remember is that in the original extended cut it's obvious which is the killer and which is the protector, and in this cut it is not obvious until Arnie says "Get down." I'm not sure exactly why. Must be the "Bad to the Bone" thing that everybody's talking about. Might also be the lame jokes that ThrowgnCpr cut out; "Now" and the ridiculous sunglasses come to mind. Robert Patrick comes across as serious and dangerous, while the "humor" takes the edge off with Arnie. I have the Extreme DVD; I think I'll rewatch it so I can better understand ThrowgnCpr's changes.

Top Bottom