• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Terminator 3 T-HOPE Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maurice_3D-T3Endo.jpg

Terminator 3 T-HOPE Edition [PAL format]

This fan edition runs 4 minutes shorter than the original movie. What is left is a darker movie, following the style of the first Terminator movie. Now, Terminator's mission has become a race against the clock.
No more cheesy oneliners or ridiculous scenes. The Terminator focusses completely on the mission. The T-X is faster, more powerful and more intelligent. No more romance between John and Kate. A complete new opening, plus a reference to T2's Cyberdyne Systems.

Extra's:
- FANCUT MARKER (identifies changes/cuts throughout the movie)
- 4 ALTERNATE SCENES
- INFO

Covers

Available on rapidshare and torrent

This is the PAL project. In January I'm planning to try converting it NTSC format. I will post the updates or news ins this topic. You can discuss anything about my fanedit here.

RS on linktalk

Needa

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there,

I watched the film some days ago and the idea is really nice. But the fact that it should be darker after your edits doesn't sound that true to me. After all, some of these ridiculous scenes were cut out of the movie and that was the main fact for watching the T-HOPE edition to me.

By the way, where did you got these new scenes from? I think the first showing how a Terminator got build is from the SE of T2, but the advertisment scene for skynet is the one that interests me.

TIA,
Needa

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you are referring to the Sgt. Candy scene, then this is the deleted scene that comes with the original DVD.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Needa said:
But the fact that it should be darker after your edits doesn't sound that true to me. After all, some of these ridiculous scenes were cut out of the movie and that was the main fact for watching the T-HOPE edition to me.
Without the ridiculs humour, it's at least darker than the official cut. But it will never be as dark as the original Terminator movie.

Needa said:
By the way, where did you got these new scenes from? I think the first showing how a Terminator got build is from the SE of T2, but the advertisment scene for skynet is the one that interests me.
The intro is the T2 Teaser, but then with some segments edited and/or removed. You can find it on the Ultmimate Edition 2-DVD of T2. For a quicktime version, go here:
http://www.movie-list.net/classics/term ... teaser.mov
The CRS part is indeed a deleted, but then also cut down. You can find it on the T3 2-DVD. For pics of the complete deleted scene, go here:
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/cuttingf ... del15.html

Boon23, I'm re-doing the sound of my fancut now. I had another idea today. Perhaps I should add two audio tracks. One with the sound of the original fanedit, and the new mix. That would be funny (but more work?).

slasher13

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there, First time poster, but long time lurker :)

Just watched my first ever fanedit, and it was T3: T-Hope Edition. All I got to say, is thank god for true fans which wish to make a better version. I loved this edit, it is soo much better than the original movie, which I have. It now makes alot more sense. The opening is more in tune with the Terminator Saga and also in Cameron style. Agreed this cut makes it more darker version.

There was some issues though.. I personally think because Arnie is a terminator, when he knocks off the police man from the bike, I would imagine him saying nothing, as a terminator, he would knock him off and steal the bike, because he is programmed to save John and Kate. Also when he is hit by the fire engine, he would simply turn the wheel and not say anything, again in true terminator style, he is programmed to find John and Kate, and doesn't need to interact with people if he know where his primary targets are.

Hope it was okay to mention this T-HOPE. You cut is very good, I loved it!!

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm honored with this review.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
either from bittorrent (if it is stil seeded) or from rapidshare.
Take a look at http://www.fanedit.org. There is a bittorrent and a arapidshare section.

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sure ALOT of folks would love an NTSC version, myself included :) .

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yep... he sure is working on one.
If it wasn't for the flaws in the PAL version I would have made a conversion for a long time.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got back from wintersport.

The problem with the conversation, and the reason for the delay, is that one of the project files has become corrupt. I have posted a request for help and advice, but it still hasn't worked. Now I will have to try one more thing, and if that doesn't work, I fear I will have to completely re-do a major scene, which will take even more time. So that's the reason for the unfortunate delay. :(

And I'm still seeding it on torrent. ;-)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
could he get a nstc version and re-edit that way,what flaws

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, he's the original editor of the PAL version so he's having some technical issues with his source files.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
xtomo1978x said:
what flaws
I have edited two scenes into a completely new way. But there was one problem in the end. Some of the narration is hard to hear, that's what I'm trying to fix. But now the project file is corrupt.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
do you think you can fix it

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, I have tried everything that was adviced to me, but it doesn't work. Seems nothing left but to completely re-do the scene.

Carthago

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really didn't like the original Terminator 3 and had to turn it off as it was stupid. This is a much better version from the start but I still had to turn it off. I did watch more of the recut however :)

I think it's just a bad film and the acting is terrible and when you add the dumb idea of the female Terminator (what's in T4 a Terminator in a wheel chair?) it makes the film a joke too far.

Good work here from T-HOPE trying to save the film.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good news, I finally got a good workable (but still incomplete) project file and finished the new audio mix for this fanedit. I even removed another scene from the cut, and the movie itself is rendered. Now I will need to transfer it to NTSC format and then put it on DVD. I have to look it up how it works, but I thought it was posted somewhere on this forum.

NTSC fans, there's finally some hope for this fanedit!!!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
depending on what you have done before there are two possibilities:
a) you have rendered the movie with a smart rendering program, so you have a very high quality PAL file output.
This has to be loaded into virtual dub mpeg 2, choose resize, set settings to 720x480, start frameserver, load into CCE or tmgenc and encode to 25 fps 720x480. Load this into DGPulldown and change the framerate to 29.97fps. Voils. NTSC.
b) you use an encoding editor (like ulead media studio pro):
set the output setting to 25fps, size 720x480. Render it. Load this into DGPulldown and change the framerate to 29.97fps. Voils. NTSC.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now a 720x576 MPEG 2 file with 5.1 ac3 sound, directly rendered from Womble MPEG Video Wizard. What's the best thing to do now?

Top Bottom