• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Terminator 2 - Hands of Fate

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Terminator 2: Hands of Fate

by ThrowgnCpr

T2_ThrowgnCpr_AvPcov1_3D2.jpg

T2_AVCHD_3Dview.jpg

FE link: http://ifdb.fanedit.org/terminator-2-hands-of-fate/

What is it about? A recut of Terminator 2 to create a hybrid from the best of both the theatrical and extended special editions.  Other elements have been cut and remixed to create a more serious tone.

Original film name:
Terminator 2 - Judgment Day
New film name: Terminator 2 - Hands of Fate
Film studio name: Carolco
Edit crew name: ThrowgnCpr
Date Original Film Was Released: 3 July, 1991
Date Edit Was Released: v1 - 11 August, 2009; v2 - 18 November, 2013
Original Runtime: theatrical - 137 minutes;  extended SE - 154 minutes
New Runtime: 150 minutes

Cuts removed/added/extended:

• new THX intro
  • new title sequence
  • fixed bendy-knife stunt error when Arnie gets stabbed in bar.
  • completely redid audio for "Bad to the Bone" scene
  • cut "How's the knee" line.  It contradicts the notion of her behaving for several months.  However I kept the most of the scene (up until the next cut), because I think it's a good intro to Sarah, and shows how much the events have affected and changed her.
  • cut SE scene where med students beat Sarah to take pills
  • trimmed first dream sequence to start with Kyle passing the doorway (cut talk about their son, and hugging).  He is now just a quiet messenger.
  • cut "model citizen" line by doctor.  It just seems like tacked on cheese.
  • recut shot where truck jumps/crashes into canal to fix windshield continuity error
  • cut motorcycle jump in dirtbike / truck / motorcycle canal chase scene.  trimmed chase scene a bit.
  • cut SE scene where T1000 goes to check dog collar, but kept the addition of raiding John's room
  • trim scene where John makes Arnie do tricks in the parking lot
  • cut part where med student/guard licks Sarah's face after locking her down.  I felt that this was completely unnecessary.  Her brutal escape is now driven by her focus and determination, and never really includes any hint of revenge.
  • reframed scene where T1000 approaches group in hospital, to remove continuity error where female guard on floor should be.
  • trimmed SE scene where John convinces Sarah not to destroy chip after removing it from head.  Cut the line about him being his friend.  If he wants to truly be taken serious as a leader, than he doesnt want to be buddies with the terminator.
  • Removed John teaching Arnie jive-talk in the car.  This was my least favorite scene where John tries to teach Arnie about human emotions and behavior, and I find it just a tad too cheesy.  This also allows "Hasta La Vista, Baby" to be removed from the film.
  • recut gas station scene.  Now a hybrid between theatrical and SE
  • cut "No Problemo" after Arnie successfully starts truck
  • cut "Trust me" right before Arnie shoots up cops from building
  • cut "Hasta la vista, baby" prior to shooting frozen T1000 (audio cut only).  Scene duration is still intact, but no speaking.
  • removed audio for "I need a vacation"
  • cut thumbs up at end
  • cut SE happy ending
  • completely new credits (to match exact style of original credits)

Your intention for this fanedit: Terminator 2 is without a doubt one of the most successful and popular movies of all time.  Internet Movie Database currently has the movie ranked at #55 in the top 250 (with a user rating of 8.5 / 10), and countless film institutions list it in the greatest films of all time.  So, does this leave any room for fanediting?  Of course.  The film itself has 3 different official cuts.  While each is great, none are probably considered perfect.  The film has moments that clearly don't fit with the overall intent and it has inconsistencies throughout.  My main motivation for creating this fanedit was the famous "Bad to the Bone" scene.  We are supposed to fear the Terminator because of our previous experience with him.  Though with this scene, suddenly he is cool!! and this totally spoils the surprise and shock of his new role.  While overall, this edit can be considered a "light edit," many subtle changes have been done to create a consistent tone, trim some cheese, and weave between the theatrical and extended versions of the film to create a new experience.

DVD details:
Author: ThrowgnCpr
Video Format: MPEG2/724x480/16x9/NTSC - DVD9 (Dual Layer)
Audio Format: Dolby Surround 5.1
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Artwork: case inserts and disc labels located in DVD_ROM folder
Features : Animated menus, chapter selection, edit info, ThrowgnCpr FE trailers, FE featurette, and some easter eggs.

MKV details:
Video Format: 720p

AVCHD details:
Video Format: 720p AVCHD

Software information:

• Adobe Photoshop CS5
  • Sony Vegas 12
  • DVDFab 8
  • TMPGEnc XPress 4
  • CCE SP3
  • BeSweet
  • Tranzcode
  • EAC3TO
  • Sony DVD Architect 6
  • VirtualDubMod 1.9.1.1
  • TSMuxer
  • MKVmerge
  • mkv2vob
  • MeGUI

Time needed for the edition: I can not count all the time

persons involved: ThrowgnCpr.  Though, a very special thanks to friends, family and forum members.

(old) screenshots of the fanedit:
T2HOF_screenshots2.jpg

screenshots of 2 of the menus (animated) for the DVD9:
T2HOF_menuscreenshots.jpg

original teaser:

HD trailer:

Fanedit Featurette (password: noproblemo):

DVD Main Menu:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
looks really good throw, congrats on finishing!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two words:

Awe
some

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Features : Animated menus, chapter selection, edit info, ThrowgnCpr FE trailers, FE featurette, and some easter eggs.
Hey Throw, what is on the FE featurette?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's sort of a "Behind the Fanedit" Featurette. Runs about 7 minutes long, and is about what/why I did to the movie.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can't wait to check it out!!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks guys. Hope you all enjoy it. A 1GB AVI is now also available via RS ...though the DVD9 is where all the fun is ;)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
About bloody time :p cant wait to watch this..thanks for all the hard work throw,on another note will they be a "WMV" ? ;)

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Thanks guys. Hope you all enjoy it. A 1GB AVI is now also available via RS ...though the DVD9 is where all the fun is ;)
Do you know if it's possible to shrink it to DVD5? Because if the movie can't be shrinked, the DVD9 is useless for me as I can't burn DVD9's.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
Do you know if it's possible to shrink it to DVD5? Because if the movie can't be shrinked, the DVD9 is useless for me as I can't burn DVD9's.

I really wouldn't shrink this to DVD5. With the extra features and everything there is around 3 or more hours worth of video. It would look pretty crappy on a DVD5. If you PM me your address I could probably drop a copy in the post (though I am currently out of discs, and I don't know how long it will take to get to you). I may be making a movie only DVD5 in the near future (but you would be missing out on all the cool stuff I included on this DVD9).

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know why nobody has mentioned this.
I guess they take it for granted but that is some incredible cover artwork.
Does imandix now do the inside dvd case or is that a real mock up or are you using something else?
If the case is any indication of the fanedit, it bodes well.
I was under the impression you were working on this with boon but i didn't see his name anywhere.
does the dvd menus animate? if so could you post it on vimeo?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
It has been mentioned. There was an in-the-works thread, which you commented in. Remember, "all dogs bark at terminators"

killbillme said:
I guess they take it for granted but that is some incredible cover artwork.
I was very happy when I saw AvPs cover work before I released this edit. I liked it so much that I used it as the official cover. There are other covers too, which I think are pretty nice ;) AvP made another, and I made 2 myself. They are on the website, gallery, and in my cover arts thread.

killbillme said:
Does imandix now do the inside dvd case or is that a real mock up or are you using something else?
No, Imandix doesnt do this. I found a PSD template a while back, and modified it to fit my own purposes. This was done with a combination of Imandix and Photoshop.

killbillme said:
If the case is any indication of the fanedit, it bodes well.
Well, lets hope so. A lot of work went into this fanedit. I hope some people enjoy it.

killbillme said:
I was under the impression you were working on this with boon but i didn't see his name anywhere.
erm, no. T2 was just me. We will be working on a new version of Hannibalized together. Starting next week.

killbillme said:
Yes, as I mentioned in the first post, all the menus are fully animated. Custom animations, and transitions for each menu and transitions to all the videos. To get the full feel, you should just grab the DVD ;)

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
killbillme said:
It has been mentioned. There was an in-the-works thread, which you commented in. Remember, "all dogs bark at terminators"
You're so specific. :)

killbillme said:
No, Imandix doesnt do this. I found a PSD template a while back, and modified it to fit my own purposes. This was done with a combination of Imandix and Photoshop.
Could you share the psd file and maybe a tutorial? :wink:

killbillme said:
Yes, as I mentioned in the first post, all the menus are fully animated. Custom animations, and transitions for each menu and transitions to all the videos. To get the full feel, you should just grab the DVD ;)
But what if I don't want to dl your fanedit but still want to marvel at the awesomness of your fully animated dvd menus? :razz:

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
Depending on the program you use, you could shrink the main movie to a DVD5 & do a second DVD5 of just the bonus features.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is anyone going to watch and comment on the fanedit instead of "can i have this or that"?

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
is anyone going to watch and comment on the fanedit instead of "can i have this or that"?
what's the panic? If the kudos are due, they will come.
If not then what's the hurry? :)

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
In order to view this fanedit, I either need a SL DVD version or a DVD9 burner. So before I can even review it, I must be able to watch it. That's what my posts are about...

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
before everybody gets their panties in a bundle, lets just set this format discussion straight.

• I do NOT suggest shrinking the DVD9. Too much video. Either download and burn it as is, or dont. If you cant deal with DVD9, see the next options:[/*:m:2y6j48lu]
  • There is a 1GB AVI already available via RS. It does not have 5.1 audio. sorry, but the point of this is to have a small file size version.[/*:m:2y6j48lu]
  • There will be a DVD5 (single layer) available quite soon (perhaps tomorrow). It will be movie only, no animated menus, no special features. bare bones (but still be anamorphic widescreen, with 5.1 audio).[/*:m:2y6j48lu]

All of these items either are or will be available very soon via rapidshare. Torrents may follow for some items. Please do not request them. If you have a problem with a particular format that I have provided, please feel free to PM me.

I won't be uploading bits and pieces of the DVD9 to vimeo (menus or bonus features). Sorry, but its somewhat insulting to say you want to see the menus, but don't care about the fanedit.

...Now that that is (hopefully) set straight, lets talk about the fanedit, good and bad. :)

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I put a cross-eyed tongue sticking out smilye at the end of my comment. I was sure that signified "joking".
I wasn't serious but i do understand how if taken seriously this comment could insult feelings.
I am looking forward to dl the dvd9 of this awesome project. it sounds rad! :)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
before everybody gets their panties in a bundle, lets just set this format discussion straight.
I have a question. I get my panties in a bunch all the time, but am unfamiliar with this "bundle" you speak of. Can you explain further? Please PM if a "bundle" is an inappropriate topic to discuss on an open forum.

:p :p :p

Seriously though, I'm very glad to see this on DVD-9 and with full 5.1. It's safe to assume it will be a long time before I get around to watching this, but when I do, I'll be sure to let you know what I think. And I'm sure I'll love it :)

Top Bottom