• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 2 - Hands of Fate

stomachworm said:
T-HOPE said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
Thanks guys. Hope you all enjoy it. A 1GB AVI is now also available via RS ...though the DVD9 is where all the fun is ;)
Do you know if it's possible to shrink it to DVD5? Because if the movie can't be shrinked, the DVD9 is useless for me as I can't burn DVD9's.
Depending on the program you use, you could shrink the main movie to a DVD5 & do a second DVD5 of just the bonus features.

indeed, problem solved. two dvd5's one for the movie one for the extras.

I am sure to catch an eye roll here but wouldnt the subtitle "Hand of Fate" play better than "HandS..."?

theres one t-800 hand left over and we are all delt a "hand" of fate (if you believe in that sort of thing)

Does the plural "hands" have a deeper meaning that I am not picking up on? like Johns hand of fate and sarahs hand of fate combine to form "hands"?

I am just curious and mean no disrespect or to nitpick - regardless of your motives, its a good title :)

elbarto1 said:
I am sure to catch an eye roll here but wouldnt the subtitle "Hand of Fate" play better than "HandS..."?

theres one t-800 hand left over and we are all delt a "hand" of fate (if you believe in that sort of thing)

Does the plural "hands" have a deeper meaning that I am not picking up on? like Johns hand of fate and sarahs hand of fate combine to form "hands"?

I am just curious and mean no disrespect or to nitpick - regardless of your motives, its a good title :)

yes, there is more meaning behind it. Though the T-800 hand can be taking into the interpretation, the major reasoning for the subtitle comes from "No Fate but what we make" i.e. the notion that they are in control of their futures. They ARE the Hands of Fate.

hehe, your comment struck me as funny though. Of all the slack I thought I would get for the new title, I never thought it would come from singularity/plurality discussion, and what in the movie the title refers to. I was totally expecting "WTF did you name it after that dumb MANOS movie for?" :-?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and no disrespect taken elbarto ;)

ThrowgnCpr said:
I was totally expecting "WTF did you name it after that dumb MANOS movie for?" :-?
MST3K reference - I can't believe I missed that entirely! *facepalm*

TV's Frink said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
I was totally expecting "WTF did you name it after that dumb MANOS movie for?" :-?
MST3K reference - I can't believe I missed that entirely! *facepalm*

hehe, I can assure you this guy is NOT in my edit ;)
512821313_fe49114982.jpg

:lol:

All the joking aside, im sure your edit is awesome throw, have started downloading now and shall watch as soon as I have it.

ThrowgnCpr said:
T-HOPE said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
Thanks guys. Hope you all enjoy it. A 1GB AVI is now also available via RS ...though the DVD9 is where all the fun is ;)
Do you know if it's possible to shrink it to DVD5? Because if the movie can't be shrinked, the DVD9 is useless for me as I can't burn DVD9's.

I really wouldn't shrink this to DVD5. With the extra features and everything there is around 3 or more hours worth of video. It would look pretty crappy on a DVD5. If you PM me your address I could probably drop a copy in the post (though I am currently out of discs, and I don't know how long it will take to get to you). I may be making a movie only DVD5 in the near future (but you would be missing out on all the cool stuff I included on this DVD9).
I will download the DVD9 version and try to get it burned by someone close. That way it's probably quicker ans daves you all the trouble.

TV's Frink said:
I have a question. I get my panties in a bunch all the time, but am unfamiliar with this "bundle" you speak of. Can you explain further? Please PM if a "bundle" is an inappropriate topic to discuss on an open forum.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ThrownCpr, it looks great. I'll give this serious cut of T2 a go as soon as I can find time when I'm not downloading something else!

When you say you cut the "no problemo" line after Arnie successfully starts the truck, have you cut all other instances of that phrase too? It would be great if you had, because it really irritates me.

Captain Khajiit said:
[quote="TV']I have a question. I get my panties in a bunch all the time, but am unfamiliar with this "bundle" you speak of. Can you explain further? Please PM if a "bundle" is an inappropriate topic to discuss on an open forum.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ThrownCpr, it looks great. I'll give this serious cut of T2 a go as soon as I can find time when I'm not downloading something else!

When you say you cut the "no problemo" line after Arnie successfully starts the truck, have you cut all other instances of that phrase too? It would be great if you had, because it really irritates me.[/quote:39focbtr]

The only other instance I can think of off the top of my head where he says that specific phrase is where John teaches it to him in the car. That entire slang lesson has been excised. There is no jive-talking Arnie in this edit. :smile:

Just watch the begining of the AVI for now (I was too sleepy and started the viewing too late), I really liked the (no more) Bad To The Bone scene, but I feel like you could also cut the arrival of the T-1000 completely, only see him the first time as a random cop knocking at the stepfamily's door (just cutting the T-1000 dark theme). That way the audience would guess: so here is someone who knows about the Terminator being around, that must be the guy send by the humans.
I guess you already thought about cutting the T-1000 arrival (?), does this scene really need to stay for a reason that did not pop in my mind?

Really enjoyed the edit.

Nit picking here but on the cover art for the inside you spelt cyberdyne with an i

ThrowgnCpr said:
There is no jive-talking Arnie in this edit. :smile:
Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.

effy11 said:
Really enjoyed the edit.

Nit picking here but on the cover art for the inside you spelt cyberdyne with an i

D'OH :oops:

haha, you spelled "spelled" wrong in correcting my spelling mistake!! :smile: hehe, if thats the only spelling mistake in the whole deal, then I am glad. At least its not "Terminater Too: Hounds of Faith" :grin: I'll see about getting the covers corrected. Thanks for the heads up

And if thats your only complaint after watching the edit, then I am quite happy!!
eusa_dance.gif

ThrowgnCpr said:
haha, you spelled "spelled" wrong in correcting my spelling mistake!! :smile: hehe, if thats the only spelling mistake in the whole deal, then I am glad.

Spelt is the preferred form in British English.

EDIT: Just pointing it out, that's all. :)

Captain Khajiit said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
haha, you spelled "spelled" wrong in correcting my spelling mistake!! :smile: hehe, if thats the only spelling mistake in the whole deal, then I am glad.

Spelt is the preferred form in British English.

EDIT: Just pointing it out, that's all. :)

haha, ah yes, the joys of international communication. It seems you are right. noted

glad you didnt mean this...
spelt.jpg

Wheat are you talking about now? I can barley understand you Americans! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom