• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TDK vs Redbook Edition

PharohAtemu77

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know everyone loves The Redbook Edition. I, too was excited to re-visit my childhood film WITH the deleted scene's reinserted. They were scored eloquently (Alien soundtrack is a nice touch) and the editing was great.  The colours had almost a sin city look to them, which I thought in the future could be done even better.

However, The Dark Knight edit was the first fanedit I had ever seen. Something about the new titles, and the way the danny elfman score was remixed really brought back that Tim Burton feel so many people were yelling about. Also the scene's were re-arranged to fit the timing of the script much better. Even without the deleted scenes, this really is a nice touch and does make it feel more whole. Now Danny Elfman aside, there are still some really great cinematic touches just with the music here.. I mean Mask Of The Phanstsm, that one ballet suite, need I say more??

Someone needs to makes a post for this version in the trades section as well if they can.

My dream rendition of this film, if not the alternative workprint itself that they teased us so hard with would essentially be everything great about these two edits condensed into one film. Somewhat like the virtual workprint but still different and in a leauge of its own.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking at the reviews for TDK and thinking about the universal praise the Red Book Edition has gotten over the years, I think it's going to the RBE

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RBE wins just for it's bonus deleted scenes video  ;)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please stop me if I'm not allowed to discuss this, but...
How do either of these edits compare to some of the other Batman Forever edits that aren't on Ifdb?
The Burton cut by That Guy Who Edits, and the Virtual Workprint come to mind, but I know that there are others.
I guess I'm looking for an edit that's as different as possible from the theatrical cut, but I'm also looking for high (or at least consistent) quality.

PharohAtemu77

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Please stop me if I'm not allowed to discuss this, but...
How do either of these edits compare to some of the other Batman Forever edits that aren't on Ifdb?
The Burton cut by That Guy Who Edits, and the Virtual Workprint come to mind, but I know that there are others.
I guess I'm looking for an edit that's as different as possible from the theatrical cut, but I'm also looking for high (or at least consistent) quality.

which is yiour fav?/

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Keep in mind that my Batman Forever: Reconstructed fanedit is up for previews!

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been looking for TDK for a while now. What really fascinated me is its short running time, clocking in at 81 minutes — tops!

Top Bottom