• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TARZAN starring Ron Ely!!!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of the best Tarzan's ever is finally coming to dvd!!!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tarzan-Season-1/16626

ronely.jpg

slark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool. I posted a question to Ron Ely on the Warner Archive Classics' Facebook page, asking if he'd seen the Doc Savage fanedit. Even if he said, "No, I got a copy, but I didn't care to see it", I'd be able to say "okay, I know he got it...."

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ron Ely. All American Hero.
Doc Savage. Tarzan. And Superman!

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Ron Ely. All American Hero.
Doc Savage. Tarzan. And Superman!
Superboy: Road to Hell. Haven't seen it yet. Title sounds promising, but I've seen Superboy's Bizarro version, so I won't hold my breath :-D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Superboy: Road to Hell. Haven't seen it yet. Title sounds promising, but I've seen Superboy's Bizarro version, so I won't hold my breath :-D

The SUPERBOY series is a mixed bag.
Season one with JOHN HAYMES NEWTON I really dislike. The series is a mess, poorly written and executed. And Newton was an average Superboy and a terrible Clark Kent.

With season two, I think the series really started to improve. GERARD CHRISTOPHER was a much better Superboy and his Clark Kent was excellent. HOWARD SHERMAN as Lex Luthor was inspired casting. Each 30 minute episode felt like a comic book in the best sense of the word. And each season just got better and better.

Maybe once all the legal issues get solved (if they ever do) Warner Brothers will finally release seasons 2-4.

But yes, back on point, RON ELY as SUPERMAN in "Road to Hell" was incredible casting! Definitely one of my favorite all time episodes. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD cover art for season one:

tarzans1p1p2.jpg

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Tragic news....

Horrible. Thank you for sharing, though utterly horrible. I love Ron Ely as Doc Savage and Tarzan.

Top Bottom